The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Appleton City , MISSOURI

Camping Missouri Appleton City Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Appleton City Camping Reviews
A New Favorite!

This small park is a real hidden gem. We made our first trip here this weekend and I would put it on the list of our favorite places to camp. All the sites are on one side of a tree lined lane and all of them are waterfront. The bathrooms and shower house are well maintained, the campground hosts are friendly and available and most of the sites are level and easy to get into. There is a well maintained running/walking trail that is accessible from the campground and provides an easy way to walk through the adjacent woods. Very good ATT cell service.

Cute, Small Quiet

We camped the last weekend in September picking a late reservation where kayaks were available for our first tent test run were our main goals, which the site met. Kayaking was wildly available, due to the small lake and difficult launch, we can see why, but still very enjoyable. Site was very sizable for our tent, as most are suitable for campers. Lots of even ground, with decent distance. Facilities could do with some updates, but there were a number of bathrooms on site, spaced so no site seemed far, including the vault toilet and a lot of people masking up while going into bathrooms as well, which was appreciated. Current host was super nice and helpful to first timers. The tiny market has a number of random items, including a collapsible fork which was the only thing we hadn't overpacked, and wasn't overpriced. Fire pits on our site were adjustable, making grilling food easier to control.

Very clean and welcoming

My family stayed several nights here and loved the entire time. The sites were nice and well maintained. The restrooms were clean, stocked and nice to use. The staff was great and very helpful and we absolutely loved the whole experience.

Great little campground!

My wife, 1year old daughter and myself stayed 2 nights in site 42 in Racoon Ridge and enjoyed it greatly, despite the rainstorm on day #2. The bathrooms were very clean, had hot water and showers. The grounds themselves were pretty spotless and well maintained, the staff was very helpful and polite and every other camper we saw seemed to be having the same experiences we were. The swin beaches were closed because we stayed in late September, but the hiking was beautiful, weather was perfect and the wildlife was very abundant everywhere you looked. Have already recommended this place to several friends looking for new places to checkout.

Out in the country

Nice campground run by the corp of engineers. Camp sites are far apart with plenty of shade trees. They only have one shower house for about 150 sites, but plenty of restrooms. Nice level area great for bike riding. They only have one hiking trail but it was well marked. Cell service is hard to get and air tv only gets public broadcasting stations

Tent Camping

Beautiful views from many of the sites. I noticed several of the tent sites do not have level areas for your tent. T01 site does not have close parking unless you are able to park in the handcap parking. It is a quite park in the evening. Camp host is polite and shower house is kept clean. Vault toilet by the boat ramp is sketchy (where tent camping is located). Will stay here again.

Overall good!

Nice park! Spaces are tight but laid out nicely. Not great for walking dogs, very little grass for each campsite. Would stay again!

I can't wait to go back!

We enjoyed a weekend there and can't wait to go back. Hopefully for longer than a weekend. The lake was great, the sites were level and not too close together, shaded and beautiful. I saw my first armadillo too!

The campground is beautiful, the people who run it are volunteers and are so sweet. The park is very clean and the camping spots are always clean and ready to go. Very cheap and they have public showers and restrooms near the entrance. We always go back every year. Beautiful place to camp in the fall as well.

Great for a lake campground

Lake camping isn't my favorite because often times the sites are too close together for the privacy and quiet that I prefer that being said Hawker point is my favorite lake campground. Many sites are well spaced and shaded. Campground host is friendly