Fires Unknown
About Gunsmoke RV Park

Good Sam Club ratings 9/10/9.5. Facebook dubbed it the #1 RV park in Kansas. Big rig friendly with 58 pull-thru sites up to 90’ long and 31 back-in sites. 50/30/20 Amp service and some sites have dual sewer. Guests enjoy the swimming pool, playground, horseshoe pits, clean bath houses and laundry facility, game room, book exchange and general store. The park also has a tenting area and the Cowboy Bunkhouse is also available for rent. Conveniently located at the intersection of US 50/400 and US 50/56, just a short drive to all the old west attractions, local casino, race track, event center, water park and more.

Private
Gunsmoke RV Park is located in Kansas
2 Reviews of Gunsmoke RV Park
best in kansas

clean restrooms, showers, spotless laundry room. owners willing to help you with anything. very well run. a group of us stay in Oct. and April every year. we usually take 10 spots in front in Oct and 12 spots in rear of park on our way back through. only park around with a 8' deep pool and very wide spots. room for our 42'  c/a and f150.

WARNING!!! VERY RUDE OWNER’S!!

Before I do my review here, I want to point out that we own a small Toy Poodle and are very conscience of our dogs bio footprint in the environment and always pick up after he uses the bathroom. So here is our experience that really upset our family and my in-laws. I was walking my dog to the grass area and noticed my dog was wanting to go to the bathroom on the gravel. I pulled my dog quickly over to the grass area and picked up his waste to throw away. Little did I realize my dog had dropped a piece of poop before getting to the grass, I didn’t see it but the owner said he watched us and saw my dog poop in the gravel without me picking it up. I returned to my camper and 15 min later I receive a knock at my door and the owner tells me that I left my dogs poop and here it is. He slammed his shovel against the gravel on the ground, dropping a ping ball size poop on my front steps. I felt really bad that I didn’t see it and apologized but as soon as I did the owner tells me this is my first and only warning, if it happens again then we’ll be gone! We apologized a second time and the owner just stared at us angrily and walked away without acknowledging the apology or saying anything further. Me, my wife, my son and my mother and father in-law were jaw dropping shocked. We had stayed here several times before, made this our campground of choice in Dodge City when ever we visit and we’ve never had any issues. We pay good money to stay in their campground every year so a little bit of couth goes a long way in customer service. I was mortified that anyone who owns a campground would talk to someone and threaten to kick them out because of an honest and rather minor mistake. All he had to do was stop by and tell me he saw my dog poop in the road and to please double check your dog while walking him. What further put salt in the womb is when me and my wife went to the front desk to sign in from the night before and we confronted the owner that we didn’t know that our dog had pooped on the lot and again apologized. We then told him that all he had to do was be nice about it and he responded, “I was nice about it”. We argued politely for a minute that he was not nice and there’s no reason to talk to us like we’re little children. We finally gave up rationalizing with him and left. All over town and in front of their campground it’s advertised that their campground is for sale so maybe he’s having a very bad morning or there’s some added stress because their campground is for sale or maybe it’s the “I don’t care” attitude now but one thing is for sure, my family and my in-laws will never make this our weekend home for our mini vacations anymore. My advise is go to the brand new KOA campground right up the street where they don’t treat the customers like this, who actually care how they treat their customers. Plus it’s a heck of a lot nicer with concrete pads, new and very nice facilities. GunSmoke campground is very noisy because of the highway it sits right up against with very crowded campsites on the front half of the campground. They show pictures on the internet of the rear newer addition but not the crowed older section.