Yurts
Hike In
Mike Roess Gold Head State Park is located in Florida
14 Reviews of Mike Roess Gold Head State Park
Great spot!

I love this park and continue to go back. The Florida Trail is my favorite part of my visits. The cabin we stayed in was small but nice. The ravines are gorgeous. You can access it with a vehicle, but you must walk down many stairs. You can only access the area through the trail. I have seen all kinds of little creatures.

Love love love

We have stayed here many times. In cabins or in tent. We like to hike which there is plenty of m. Canoe which they rent. Firewood is available.

We love this place.

We camp and hike here ALL the time. Canoeing, hiking, picnicking and just plain relaxing are on the top of the list. Cleanest bathrooms and quietest camping. Ample space between.

Jungle in the woods

I love this state park and frequent it often. The Florida State Trail passes through the park and is well marked. The ravines section is my favorite area in the park. In the greener months, it feels like a rain forest.

The camp areas are well spaced and located within a fast walking distance from the restrooms. These are some of the cleanest restrooms I’ve seen in my camping experience.

Canoe rentals are available and there is a nice beach for the children to play.

I have never had a bad experience at this park and will continue to camp here.

Nice Layout, Very Popular

There are two loops for campers, both very nice - one is near the lakes but not directly accessing the water (you’ll get more RVs in that area) and the tent camping loop backs up against the woods. Great access to water sports, the ravine hiking trails, dirt roads leading out the back entrance for motorcycles to easily access the nearby forest roads, and the amenities are spare but clean. The staff are always friendly and understanding, and other campers tend to be seasonal, return groups and families - pets are more than welcomed.

Nice campground clean

Nice clean campground. It was a while ago and I don’t recall in specifics.

Great Park!

This park was filled with ample hiking opportunities, the Florida trail even runs through a bit of it. Within the first 5 minutes of being in the campground we saw a family of deer passing through, however we were the only ones there both nights. They have plenty of sites for both tents and RV’s. The campsites themselves had plenty of space. There is also a lake that you can swim in as well. Great campground for the summer!

Off the beaten path

Camp staff knows much about the Native American heritage in this location.

QUIET

This campground was very quiet. We picked the wrong site but there are many very nice ones. We will go back and now know which sites to pick. It is not close to anything so if you are looking for things to do this is not the place.

A favorite

Had a great visit. Got 2 sites and had more family start camping with us. Kids loved the scenery for hiking and pictures. Only issue was low lake water but not campgrounds fault. Great stay so peaceful.