The best BOAT IN camping near
Dos Palos Y , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Dos Palos Y Camping Reviews
Not worth the time driving here .

Not even come here if you don’t have a boat or jet sky… Barely any places to hang out by the water… Not kids or pets friendly

If you like the heat

Don Pedro is a big beautiful reservoir that has plenty of fingers coming off the main body. Perfect for wakeboards! It gets to be around 100-110 degrees though. I like the campground more than the others on the lake because it has a lagoon for the kids with picnic tables, bbq pits and a large grass area.

Nice lake for family camping

We were there in July 2020 with a group with many children. We stayed at the full hookup spots H84,88 area. These spots were NOT good for little ones learning to walk. It was very uneven and rocky but spacious with trees and a view of the lake. We stayed Thursday to Sunday. Saturday is crazy at the boat launch— hundreds of boats. We hung out at the cove near us and the water temp was very pleasant. Water gets muddy…I wish it was clear for safety reasons, but we totally enjoyed it. Restrooms nearby were clean and spacious.

Convenient to San Jose. Crowded.

Pros: Lots of sites. Pretty area. Facilities well maintained. Cons: We stayed here several times because of its proximity to San Jose. Almost every time time, though, it was crowded and noisy. Also there are lots of wild pigs! In my opinion, it’s a last resort campground.

The first time here, we put a table cloth and some small items on the picnic table at our site, then left to run an errand. When we returned, someone else was camping in our spot. :0/  Luckily, there was another spot available so we moved and all was well. Still surprised that someone would do that, though.

Turkeys are everywhere 😊

Great campground! Overrun with wild turkeys which beats the human variety. March weekend trip with tons of spaces to choose from. My understanding is come May it gets pretty busy. Hot showers, Electric, water and great views. McSwain (near the ranger station entrance) has dump station, some sites w sewer, part keeping model cabins, store, cafe and boat rentals. This was my maiden camping trip for my 32’ Forest River but I will definitely return for longer stays. Note: I reserved F8 for my space but changed to the C loop. The water view was great but the space sloped too much for my levelers to function properly. Also need to watch for spaces with room for my slider away from trees. On the upside, you can park at any angle within your space - parallel, pull or back in. (The turkeys are a hoot!)

Easy drive

Great place and very kind staff Clean area and nice camp sites Good prices

So relaxing

We love McSwain. It is our go to camp ground in the area. It’s close, clean and friendly. It’s our thanksgiving weekend every year. Great place

Would be perfect if it weren't for wild pigs

Bathrooms are extremely clean and well kept. The lake is nice (and you may spot geese or ducks), and there's plenty of room for kids to run around. There are food lockers since wild pigs come out at night. Be sure to lock all food up! They will roam through the camp ground all through the night if anyone has left any food out. They also leave lots of droppings that are pretty sizable - but surprisingly don't smell that much considering the quantity and well, what it is.

Would really love to come again if it weren't for the wild pigs!