Camper submitted image from LOGE Mt Shasta - 1 Request to Book

Verified

Established Camping

LOGE Mt Shasta

About

Located on the flanks of California’s most magical peak, LOGE Mt. Shasta is your ultimate adventure outpost! Come to summit the mountain or get after it with the many outdoor activities that Mt. Shasta are has to offer- bike, hike, ski, raft, fish- the list goes on! Our BRAND NEW covered campsites and camp bathrooms are perfect to get your camping fix but also enjoy all the radness the property has to offer including a shared kitchen and free use of our Traeger Grills. Start and end your day with coffee and brews at The Finlandia Cafe located on site. From on-site gear rentals to fire pits and free live music, LOGE Mt. Shasta delivers a welcoming outdoor-adventure-focused experience.

LOGE Mt Shasta is located in California

Detail location of campground

Coordinates

122.30591531251855 W

Open in Google Maps

• Drive-In
    Park next to your site
  • Walk-In
    Park in a lot, walk to your site.

Stay Connected

• WiFi
    Good
  • Verizon
    Fair

5 Reviews

Stephanie Z.
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2021

A very hip parking lot

Camping at The Loge Mt Shasta will have you humming the song“They paved paradise and put up a parking lot…” The Loge is cute and hip and there are fun fairy lights at night and wifi and a coffee shop with lattes right outside your tent in the morning. There is a community fire pit and a shared kitchen and grilling area. There is also a train going by right near you most of the night, gravel under your sleeping pad, and neighbors within inches of you who may use the easily accessible electricity and wifi to stream music. The tent area looks like a horse corral and has canvas over the top to keep you mostly try if it rains. Bathrooms are in the hotel building across the way. There are lots of beautiful natural places to camp near Shasta that are much cheaper and much much more scenic. I chose to stay here because I was working from the road and needed wifi. If I stayed here again I’d spring for a room- otherwise I think I’ll hit up nature camping next time.

Kristina B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

A goat pen on gravel in a parking lot.

Not a campground at all. It’s a hotel where they dumped gravel in the parking and erected goat pens for people to sleep in.

No toilet paper or hand towels in the bathroom. All services were closed. No bar. No coffee. No rentals. The only shade is in your goat pen.

The goat pen comes with a picnic table and two plastic Adirondack chairs.

I’m camping alone so I had to move a picnic table by myself in order to set up my tent. On gravel mind you. The website shows an elevated platform. Not the case. It’s gravel. Big gravel. Hard tent piercing sharp gravel. Gravel.

A car was parked in front of my “campsite”.

Annoyed and exasperated in 100° weather and no one on staff to talk to I left. It’s June. Nothing is available last minute. I drank a local margarita and decided to suck it up

The only fire pit was communal. Do not expect privacy. There are goat pens packed in right next to each other. You can hear everyone’s conversations.

I felt obnoxious as I filled my air mattress due to the noise it made.

Expect road noise and train noise. All night.

Pros: the shower.

Cons: literally everything else.

• Review photo of LOGE Mt Shasta by Kristina B., June 21, 2021
  • Due to coronavirus even though everything is open. They weren’t.
Sara A.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Outdoor retreat

The covered camping and the cabin style rooms are both fantastic - clean area , and very friendly staff

Site#4
  • Review photo of LOGE Mt Shasta by Sara A., June 21, 2021
  • Review photo of LOGE Mt Shasta by Sara A., June 21, 2021
P
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Great showers and bathrooms for camping

We are a professional and adventurous couple in our late 50s/ early 60s who have been working our way down the snowy volcanic Cascades to Mt Shasta.  We're new to the van life, having lived mostly overseas, and are not RV-oriented, so we've been a little careful about choosing sites with adequate peacefulness, space and privacy. We figured that after a week out, we'd be ready for human company, especially a younger crowd. Loge at Mt Shasta was a great place to overnight (a Sunday night in May was really peaceful, with only two other sets of campers) and is a relaxed place as a base camp for the southwest flank of Mt Shasta. The 'Loge' is in active development and promises to be a happening place by summertime. It has great hot showers, a communal and shady relaxation area with a live-music venue (quiet when we were there), and friendly and responsive, although not overly wide-awake hosts. We parked our rented Cabana van of 19'8" back-in to the wooden cubicles and therefore had a reasonably private space with 2 Adirondack chairs and a picnic table. Well positioned (if you have wheels, anyway) for a drive up Shasta to about 7800' on the Everitt Highway - https://hikemtshasta.com/tag/everitt-memorial-highway/.   We did meet a guy who had successfully hitchhiked up there, too from town.  We'd recommend a laundry facility and a screened clothesline to make the site more functional for adventurers.  Also, nobody had cleaned our site before we arrived, and we had to ask the young manager for some cleaning solvents to remove dark greasy smears on our picnic table - not the best in a pandemic, but he was really responsive and got me something to clean it right away (and offered to do it himself).