Camping in Brito

133 Reviews of 24 Brito, California Campgrounds

sThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Nice RV Park, Reasonable Rates

We happened upon this RV Park as a drop in when our other park was not available. What a pleasant surprise! We’ll be making this our go to spot when traveling through the Gilroy area from now on.

For starters, the staff is wonderful. So friendly. Just an FYI, if they have open spots after the…

• Check In
  • Front office, the staff is terrific
  • Restrooms and laundry
S
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Flat Site in a Beautiful Area, But RV Noise

I snagged a last-minute cancelation in Pinnacles during peak time in May. We were in site 82 of Loop D, which is the RV area. The campground recently renumbered its sites, so that can be confusing if you're researching sites.

Very open and flat. We pitched out tent where you'd normally park…

• View from hike above campground.
  • Our campsite. Very flat. Shade provided by one big tree next to the site, so in midday, this is hot and sunny. This is the land of RV's in this loop, but we also knew that going into it.
  • Hike above campground.
Site82, Loop D
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Very RV park feeling

I stayed in the RV loop and did not enjoy my time there. The sites had no private cu and were crammed in together, most people seems to be there to party and the bathrooms were far and gross.

SiteD90
jThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Views of a dry lake bed

A nice campground.  Lots of space between sites, some with electric and water.  Nice views of where the lake should be, with volcanic outcroppings all around.  Site 01 was shaded, level and easy to back our 24 foot trailer into.  Unfortunately the lake was way low due to drought.   Things we did…

• Site 01 picnic table and fire ring on opposite side as door.
  • view from our picnic table.
  • view from back of site 01
Rosie H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Long walk to the toilets

I love this park so much! But the campground is privately run and I have mixed feelings about it.

There are over 100 sites, but only 3 bathrooms (they do have flush toilets and running water) so its a long walk. My child is not quite independent enough to make that walk on her own without getting…

ProfG999 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

I didn't stay. Can't believe it has 5 stars!

I guess if you stayed on the water it might be nice but the campground itself was pretty bad. 1st they have blocked any phone signal so even with my WeBoost I could not work from here. 2nd the flies were horrible. 3rd my site was across from overflowing trash can. 4th the hookups are on the wrong…

• Overflowing trash can
  • Front door facing street and trash bc hookups are on wrong side
  • Hookups are on wrong side
L
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Very windy

I don’t know how often it happens but the night was very windy. We might have been unlucky but I saw so many trees lean the same angle, meaning the valley could be the path of wind and tend to blow strong. If you plan to camp, not RV, watch out!

Alyssa L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Great free spot

For anyone visiting Pinnacles, this is a great place to stay nearby. We were there on a weekend and all the spots were taken so we walked in with our tents and set up off the hiking road. The views were great and there are lots of things to explore!

Month of VisitNovember
Alyssa L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

Easy and accessible

This campground was super convenient when staying at Pinnacles for a couple days. You can’t really get anything same day so be sure to book in advance! We stayed outside of the park the first night and here the next. Amazing to see condors from our site. Great hiking close by!

Month of VisitNovember
Alba M.
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Awesome primitive camping

This is a primitive campground, no showers only vault toilets and restroom near visitor center ( 2 min walk from campground) both decently clean. Water for washing dishes is available. Spots are not close to each other so there is privacy. It is small, quiet, surrounded with beautiful views. Good…

• foggy hike
Sotnos B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Convenient, shady respite

Easy on/off from Hwy. 99. Nice management. Spaces large and lots of shade coverage. Close to hwy but far enough that road noise isn't onerous. Train passes through once at night time, bring earplugs. Clean, tidy, well kept campground.

Tanya R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

Little bit of green along the river

Probably COVID related but this park is under utilized and under attended. The shower is of if you throw in quarters and close your eyes. It could use some TLC but was a quite place to stop for the night.

Not all spots have shade.

e
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Awesome hikes nearby

Easy shuttle ride from some awesome hikes. Our site was near a creek with standing water and hence some mosquitos and stinky because of proximity to the bathroom. Good shade and a solid NP campground option.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2021

Lots of wildlife

We were here in November while my house was fumigated.  Nice open campsites with hook ups.  Dump station was available although I did not see it listed on web site.

• Camp site 8RV
  • Turkeys and Pigs
  • They stayed out of our site.
Site8RV
Month of VisitDecember
A
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2021

Great park & campground

Great park with trails that vary from flat oak meadows with wildflowers to strenuous mountain hikes to canyon creeks & caves. Parking inside the park fills up early (by 8am) so get there early or you’ll have to start your hike from the big lot at the visitor center and add a few miles.

The…

• from site 67 looking back towards the road
  • from the road looking into campsite 67
  • park scenery by the reservoir