Barton, WISCONSIN

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Barton Camping Reviews
Quiey

Great place. Lots of memories when I was a kid.

Ranger Review: Red Ledge Free Rein Raincoat at Long Lake, WI

Campground Review

I've been going to Long Lake for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately we haven't camped here in a couple years, but it was really nice to be back.

We visited in September this year, so the campground was much more empty that it is in the summer. It was also cool, so we didn't make it to the beach this year.

One big change was that a lot of the larger trees were knocked down in a storm earlier this year, so many of the campsites have less shade than in the past. The one we were on this time we've camped on before, but the spot we usually pitch our tent was where they put the downed trees, so the site was smaller and sunnier.

I still really love this campground. It has a good amount of non-electric sites, which we prefer. The access to many hiking options in the Kettle Moraine state forest is great, and when it is hot out the lake is nice for swimming.

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time, this time I got to test the Red Ledge Free Rein rain jacket.

I've gone through many cheap ponchos, but haven't had a real raincoat since I was a kid. The one I had as a kid was rubbery, stiff, and not breathable. The Red Ledge jacket is nothing like this. It is light, comfortable, and breathes well. It even has zippered arm pits, in case you need to air them out 😊

I've only used it a couple times in the rain, but I can say it worked. If you are spending serious time in the rain I'd suggest rain pants, since this goes only a little past your waist, and your pants are likely to get wet. Red Ledge does have a "Free Rein" pant as well, but I haven't tried them.

I'm not sure whether I would pay for a coat like this, but I don't think it is overpriced. It is a well-made coat with high quality materials. Overall, I have nothing bad to say about this rain coat. It is well made, works well, and looks good too.

Lots to do!

Took my 2 year old fir first time tent camping, we were at site 231, which was huge and very nice. We had some friends at other sites that weren’t as nice. There is a YouTube video posted of all the sites. There is so much to do we couldn’t do everything we wanted in the one night we stayed.

So much to do here! Friendly people!

Overall great place! Would definitely go again. A bit pricey to camp but you definitely get your money’s worth.

Beautiful park

The park is clean, lots of shade, host on site and very well maintained. The almost 100 sites are all gravel with electric and water for a great price. Reservations can be made thru Real Racine but half of the sites are available for walkins. There is a shooting range close and RR to the west and Mitchell Airport to the north but they aren't bad.

The people who work there are great!

The people who work there are wonderful and even most of the seasonal campers we met were very nice people. We did have a few run ins with some not so good people however and the cops visit there often. The owners do their part to make things right however and immediately made the people causing trouble to leave. We were there for about a month and overall it was a good place to stay. Our tent site was right next to the playground, pool and bathrooms which made it convenient for our children, however kids run all over at night on the weekends until 2 am so the noise at that hour can be annoying. We also went through several storms while there and were offered parts for one of our canopies that blew away and the security guy who was always nice to us tied our other canopy to a tree when it also blew away to prevent it from going farther and being more damaged. Bathrooms I would give a 2 star rating alone.

Very nice friendly people

Bathrooms and outhouses were very clean! Not a lot to do but quiet and friendly atmosphere.

Beautiful Campground

Wonderful and clean beaches and accessible areas for dogs. The sites are nicely sized and the firewood sales are decent and dry! The paved roads in the campground are nice for bike and rollerblading. We loved exploring the the paths to the lake from our site. We will definitely be back soon!

Beautiful campground

I have always loved this campground since I was a teen. We went this past labor day weekend and loved the nice big sites, the paved roads for bikes and rollerblading and the beaches were really clean. We loved just walking around the paths to and from the lake to our site. People were very respectful the firewood was kept in a dry spot (always a pet peeve of mine, some campgrounds dont have the best storage system). Overall great place and we will be back very soon.