Adell, WISCONSIN
Most Recent Adell Camping Reviews
Great park

Great spot to stay on the way home from Door County. Big secluded sites, loved hearing the waves at night from across the road. Best fish fry right down the road.

Beautiful Campground

Wonderful and clean beaches and accessible areas for dogs. The sites are nicely sized and the firewood sales are decent and dry! The paved roads in the campground are nice for bike and rollerblading. We loved exploring the the paths to the lake from our site. We will definitely be back soon!

Beautiful campground

I have always loved this campground since I was a teen. We went this past labor day weekend and loved the nice big sites, the paved roads for bikes and rollerblading and the beaches were really clean. We loved just walking around the paths to and from the lake to our site. People were very respectful the firewood was kept in a dry spot (always a pet peeve of mine, some campgrounds dont have the best storage system). Overall great place and we will be back very soon.

Great views

St park pass required in addition to camping fees, fire wood and ice available, ice cream shop not far from park, lots of trails, tower to walk up to, beach not in camping area but close by, on Lake Winnebago, butterfly fishing pond, plenty of fishing. No dogs allowed on beach, some new electrical work was done to add to sites, flush toilets w showers.

Lots of hiking trails

Nice county park

On lake Winnebago w boat landing, can canoe or kayak shoreline if not too windy, hiking trails, kids play area, close to town.  No entrance fee.

There are Indian effigy mounds in park which are burial grounds and are not to be touched.

Great family fun

My dad took me here when I was in junior high. And now I’ve been taking my daughter here for years. Two beaches and a fishing pier make our top list of daytime activities. The Ice Age trail comes through the forest and makes for some nice hiking. Flush toilets and showers are also a great perk!

Terrible Campground

We were in town for the annual geocachers Cache Bash. We chose this property because it had some of the best reviews and was closest to the location of the event that we were attending. The rules are terribly strict and evidently don't apply to everyone. Several people had 2 cars to a site when we were told that we could not park our 2nd vehicle onsite. We were even told how to park the one vehicle that could remain on our site. When I called to reserve we were told we wouldn't have to pay for all 4 children to stay, but when I reserved the site, I had to pay.$68/night is ridiculous for something that hasn't been updated since 1970. The pay shower was horrible: the water smelled like rotten eggs. We will be in town again, but will never stay at this campground. The only thing it has going for it was the location and it was maintained fairly well. Update the facilities if you're going to charge a premium to camp at your facility and don't be so crazy about the rules. You have to sign a piece of paper saying you understand and have read the rules. The owners seem to be control-freaks. After getting home and taking two of the children to the doctor for an illness that was caught while in the campground, we found that the smell from the hot water in the showers was actually from bacteria in the water.

A few nice sites but very loud and very buggy

We had a pretty cool site up on a hill which was awesome. But the noise from the congested RV campgrounds below made it feel less peaceful. I can deal with mosquitos, but the mosquitos here were unbelievable. It seems like a fun way to get out on a lake, but in terms of hiking or rest and relaxation it wasn’t really our thing.

Louder campground. Tent area is quiet.

This campground is a great family oriented campground. There were many seasonal sites that were located in the main portion of the campground. There is a playground and a beach area. You are also able to rent paddle boats to use on the lake. You are also able to check out horse shoes to play and a bar for the adults to enjoy themselves at.

There are three sections to this campground. The main section houses the seasonal sites and cabins that you can rent. There are also some open sites that you can rent by the night. We noticed that this section was much louder than the other two. With the number of people that come up each weekend and the bar there was a decent amount of partying that was happening. We walked back to the back section of the campground, which is past a marshy area, and found this to be quieter. There were also not as many people staying here the weekend we were there. We stayed in the front section of the campground, which has smaller camping spaces for rent. This was the quietest area of the campground, especially not many others were camping the weekend that we went. After walking around the rest of the campground, we decided to stay near our site since it was so quiet there.

The main section of this campground is very open with few trees. There were trees along the walk to the back section, but again it was open once you arrived there. The front section had the most trees, but was still fairly open. Water was located next to the bathroom and the bathrooms were clean.

I would try this campground again if we had children, because there would be things for them to do. However, if we would be going by ourselves and we were planning on staying somewhere for hiking and for peace and quiet, I would choose another place to stay.

Affordable place to stay near Oshkosh

$15 a night for a site with electric hookup! Dump station and fresh water on site. Large gravel sites are flat but not secluded. Max of 2 week stay.

Beautiful secluded state park!

This was our first time camping in Wisconsin and we got to say we absolutely love this park. Most of the sites are pretty secluded so if you enjoy your privacy I will love this place. Everything was clean and updated including the bathrooms. The campsites are about a mile or two from Lake Michigan but it is an easy drive or hike as there are many trails that go through the park. When we went to the lake level was up so high due to flooding that we weren’t really able to enjoy the beach but normally there is plenty of coastline for enjoying some beach time.

Nice Campground

Sites are big, lots of room with fire ring and picnic table. Easy access to the lake with miles of lakeshore and some beach areas. Hiking wasn’t the best, mosquitoes own the trails. We were there mid August, early in the week, so it was fairly quiet…most noise was barking dogs from campers.

we went 8/10,weather was nice,beach campground 924 spot was close to showers and restrooms.Good and close plase for gateway,its onlu 2,30 hours from Chicago

Great spot for tents

Our spot was a nicely wooded site in the back portion of the campground. The hiking trails are beautiful, with great views. Its a great place for some fall camping.

Very quiet, clean, and friendly.

Sites were clean. The staff were very friendly, respectful and kind. The scenery is beautiful.

Good family campground

Family friendly campground. Plenty for the kids to do. Theres a fishing pond (catch and release) arcade, jumping pillow etc. Owners are friendly and helpful. Have events almost every weekend. Check it out. You wont be disappointed.

Cute! Slightly outdated

Perfect little campground, stayed right on the water! No better way to wake up!!

Wonderful Friendly Experience

The staff was great to work with finding a campsite on a walk-in. The campsite was very clean and read for us to set up our tent. The hiking and lookouts were breath taking

Old

The power isn't very quality. The dump station seems to always be full. And it doesn't look like they have put much money into the campground in several years.

It’s fine for the air show or festivals.

It’s a basic rv park. Water and power only, with a dump station out front. There is no other amenities. We were there for the EAA air show, so we needed little. The owner is very laid back and friendly. He has plans to upgrade the layout.

Very accommodating

Extremely friendly,affordable and clean. Stayed with my family (includes 3 boys) who found fun all weekend long. Swimming lake was very warm and clean. Fishing was available. Very affordable canoe kayak rentals. Mini golf and a little store where if you need it they have it. Very easy to pull or back in camper or trailer. Lots of room.

Chill place

Very laid back place. Best describes this place. I have no complaints except that the trash can right in front of out site was not taken out in a long time and stunk to high heaven. I had to walk it down a couple sites so we couldn’t smell it. ( there was nobody at the site I took it to and nobody around that site) pool was warm and people very drunk and friendly!

So peaceful

Had a wonderful time. It was peaceful and quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. Flushing bathrooms and showers were very clean, as well as the pit toilets.

Nice and quiet

Nice distance between each site. There is little to no ground cover so you can see all the other sites but they are spread apart and you still feel like you have privacy. Hiking was great and the lookout tower has an amazing view!!

Fun but packed like sardines

Nice activities for the kids to participate in but campsites are small. It was nice to be able to rent a golf cart because the park is large and the activities are spread about. Bathroom/shower facilities were ok but could have been cleaner. Had horrible luck with fishing!!!

Decent over night stay

The pros: nice area close to where I live. The trails are nice and it’s right next to the beach. Cons: Sites are too close to and not secluded from the road. Being close to water the mosquitoes were bad. All sites are gravel so not very good for tents.

Nice campground right in our backyard!

I have camped here many times as a kid and always loved it. We recently came here with a large group and tent camped at one of the large tent sites. I believe there are only 2 non-electric tent sites but the large huge and grassy with excellent privacy. The managers/owners of the camp are really nice and laid back. There is a small fishing pond off the back side of the non-electric sites and there is a nice outdoor pool and indoor jacuzzi next to a large rec room/bar. I haven't seen it personally but I know they have live music and summer events. We love that this place is so close, we get to get away without the long drive!

Great lake and hiking

We had a great time swimming and hiking At Pike Lake State Park. There is a nice observation tower with beautiful views of Holy Hill. The beach is large and there is a designated area for dogs, which we loved. Our campsite was large and grassy and had good privacy. The only issue we had was that our site was in a divot and had lots of low spots and therefore flooded badly, like 3 inches in our tent bad. Overall great camping, just watch for low sites in the non-electric area.

Pleasantly unique!

We love camping at county and state parks since we are tent campers and this park was one of my favorites. Beautiful hiking on the ledge (even did some climbing up the rock formations), spectacular views at the lookout points and multiple areas to picnic with a couple playgrounds for kids. The sites were average size, some were a tad smaller than I would like but we usually camp with another couple so we like the space. There are pit toilets in the non-electric area but the walk to the flush toilets/showers was short so we primarily used those. Clean showers and toilets and really friendly attendants. We will definitely be back soon!

Close to Lake Michigan

Weekend camping with old and new friends. About 20 minutes from Sheboygan, WI and 2 hours from Chicago, IL, Kohler-Andrae State Park Campground, is a few minutes drive or walk from Lake Michigan. There are about 130 campsites, cabins with ADA accessibility, two group sites, an amphitheater, and shelters. Each site does have a fire ring and picnic table. However, the sites are very close to each other which leaves very little privacy, but the campers are very respectful to each other.

This campground does have a lot of amenities from showers, vault/flush toilets, water spigots spread around, playground, amphitheater, dump station, electric sites, and recycling containers. The sites on the south end and in the center seem more spacious and the surrounding pine, birch, and beechwood trees offer great shade and places to hang hammocks. I did see a teepee and can be reserved. Campers have access to Lake Michigan. The camp fee varies from$15-$35 along with a daily park entrance fee of$8-$15 depending on your license plate. The trails nearby have boardwalks to prevent damage on the dune vegetation. You could see the stars on a clear night. Keep your food in proper storage and in vehicles. Raccoons frequent the campground and are not afraid of humans. They would take food at any opportunity they get. Our marshmallows were stolen as we were about to make smores.  But besides, that mishap, Kohler-Andrae has a lot to offer. I would definitely camp here again but do hammock camping.