the dyrt
Adell, WISCONSIN
Most Recent Adell Camping Reviews
First-come first-served sites available year-round

I was looking for a campground open in March to try to see the aurora (unsuccessful due to lack of auroral activity) and Point Beach fit the bill. Only a couple loops in the campground were open for winter, including sites 1-20 which are non-reservable year-round. These sites are close to the picnic area near the beach and lighthouse. Every site except the one I stayed at were still mostly snow-covered in late March. There was only one other group of campers the night I went, so it was nice, quiet and secluded. I imagine in warmer seasons it's a much more crowded, noisy campground.

Lots of downed trees, but nice and quiet in shoulder season

I backpacked the IAT with a group and we camped for the night at Mauthe Lake at the beginning of April. There are lots of downed trees at the campground, which sort of detracted from the landscape (tornado damage, I'm told). Pit toilets were open, but water had not yet been turned on so be prepared to filter if you go this early in the season. We perused different sites/loops for a while to find adjacent non-electric sites large enough for multiple tents at each and were able to fit 8-9 (small backpacking) tents between 314 and 313.

Door County Camping

This was a nice (Big) campground. We had a large, private pull through site. There was a pool and a slow water slide for the kids. Didnt spend a ton of time there because we were there in mid June and it was still chilly. The campground had fun activities for the kids. Bathrooms were nice.

Long lake

Even after a major storm that uprooted trees, the park was still in great conditions don’t the service team/rangers did an excellent job getting it back in good order. Great little lake, nice sites.

Lots to do

We were there Labor Day weekend huge campground of course it was very crowded. I didn't like our site no tress I felt like I was in my front yard. There's plenty to do 3 pools , Mimi golf, outdoor movies, the weekend we were there they had a band. The race track is very close by and the noise from the cars can be pretty loud but not a deal breaker. We would probably go back.

Beautiful Forested Park on Lake Michigan

It's a one-hour drive from Milwaukee. Nice, easy hiking trails. Facilities are kept clean. LOTS of RVs, so check out the photo of site before you reserve if you want to ensure your site has at least some privacy. They have one large teepee for rent that sleeps several people with cots provided, situated on a large wooden platform at the top of a hill with views of the lake beyond for $40 a night. Make sure you attempt to reserve it well in advance.

Great for kids

Took our kids on their first camping trip here. Nice, small lake. Ice Age Scenic Trail is nearby. Exhibits at the VC. Overall a very nice time.

Small, secluded campsite with great trails.

We came here this year in place of our usual annual camping destination. The camp site was very small. We rented two sites side by side and they were the size one site at other camp grounds I have stayed at. That is my only complaint however! The trails are great here!! There are lots of rock formations that reminds the kid in me of castle ruins. The group of us joked about how much it reminded us if scenes from The Lord of the Rings. Speaking of ruins, they have Lime Kiln Ruins to observe and learn about as well as Indian Burial Mounds. The trails wrap around a lake and provide great views. I'm looking forward to coming back here again!

Great location on Lake Michigan

Sites (135 family, 68 of them electric, 2 group sites and one teepee) are generous in size with varying amounts of privacy. Two loops have bathrooms with flush toilets and showers while two just have pit toilets. Bathrooms and showers were clean with expected light water pressure. There were also laundry facilities, something I’ve not seen before in a state park campground. Trails, a small marsh boardwalk and the dunes cordwalk provide a nice exploration of the area. We were there on a rainy weekday in September and it was quiet but I expect that would not be the case on weekends and in the summer.

Ranger Review: RōM Pack at Devil's River Campers Park

Campground Review

Every year it seems there are changes at Devil's River. The campsite are still nice, though if you want privacy, there's not a lot. This is great for camping with friends or family. We usually have 4 sites with family over Labor Day weekend. This year they've added a deck off of the bathroom/shower building. It seems like it was almost done.

One night there was very loud partying at some of the seasonal campers sites. It was a bit obnoxious, but they were mostly quiet by 11pm. There were a lot of seasonal sites with Trump flags and I saw one Confederate flag…so interesting cross section of humanity.

One of the season campers had some giant inflatable climbing/bouncing things for the pond, so that kept the kids and some adults occupied. The same person also projected a movie in the new covered deck. He's a generous man, willing to share with the other campers.

We played cards and lawn games and Slammo and frisbee in all the open space and also swam in the pond. It was a great weekend, as always.

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time, this time I got to test the RōM Pack from RōM Outdoors.

I'll be upfront and honest…this might be the most disappointing product I've tested for The Dyrt. It definitely isn't all bad, but the concept, in my opinion is a failure.

The RōM Pack is a convertible backpack that can unfold into a poncho or a blanket.

As a backpack…

What I like:

• It is stylish
  • The material quality is heavy duty

What I didn't like:

• It is very heavy…when empty
  • The main pocket isn't very large due to the excess material needed for the poncho/blanket

As a poncho…

What I like:

• It is a poncho

What I don't like

• The snaps don't stay snapped
  • It is too short in the front
  • It is too warm….it has a fleece lining
  • The hood is small
  • It looks a bit funny when you where it with the backpack straps and the flaps…I was laughed at by my family

As a blanket…it is great. It is warm, large enough and water resistant.

Overall, the concept doesn't seem practical. If I'm hiking and I expect rain, I'd pack a raincoat or a lightweight poncho to wear over my regular clothes. I'd dress for the weather. I'd never need a fleece lined poncho. I likely wouldn't need a blanket either…and if I did I could roll up a blanket and put it in a regular backpack.

The RōM Pack is also quite expensive at $120. The build quality is very good, but the execution and the concept are where it fails. The best "mode" is blanket mode, but I can recommend any number of cheaper blankets. I wanted to like this, but I'm afraid I can't recommend it.

Point Beach is an amazing campground

Point Beach campground is amazing. It is a well kept campground, very ckean, right on the shores of Lake Michigan. Sites are huge and not on too of each other. There are numerous trails within the park. Beautiful spot!!!

Small but quaint

A nice little campgeound near the river in Fredonia, WI. The campsites are inexpensive and comfortable, though there aren't as many amenities that a larger campground would have. Overall, a nice little getaway.

Great group site

This is a wonderful park for family get togethers. The group site is separate from the single sites. Very nice showers with soft water. There is a great water park just on the edge of the park. We have stayed at the single sites also and there are several secluded ones. Over all a very nice park.

Ranger Review: Mountain House Turkey Dinner Casserole at Point Beach

Campground Review

Growing up in Two Rivers, it is surprising that I never camped at Point Beach. I've only ever been there a few times, and never for camping. Overall, the campsites we were on were on the smaller side, but not too small. There was just enough privacy with the trees. You could hear the lake if you listened, you were very close.

The park is beautiful. The beach is very nice. It isn't a big swimming/volleyball beach like the nearby Neshotah Beach, but there is enough sand and space to find a spot and the swimming is fun. Nice big waves on the Great Lake.

There are some trails along the lake and some other hiking, but we spent most of our time at the beach relaxing.

The firewood for sale was bad, we had a hard time keeping it going. Most of the pit toilets in the park didn't have ventilation for the vault, resulting in very smelling restrooms. The flush toilet building was fine, though, and pretty central.

I'd definitely go back!

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time, this time I got to test the Mountain House Turkey Dinner Casserole.

I've eat a fair number of Mountain House meals in the last few years and this one is near the top in taste. It tastes just like Thanksgiving. MMMMMMMMMMMM. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. Mountain House meals aren't cheap, but if you can find this one on sale or just need something easy, definitely try this one. So good.

Large state park with tons to do

This was quite a large campground/park on Lake Winnebago near Appleton, WI. We had two nice sunny days and the rest were rainy. I hope to go back and visit the park again as there was many different trails and a lookout tower we were unable to visit due to the weather. This park also features Indian mounds on some of their trails. The nearby area offers many different things to do. We went to Skyzone, the Children’s museum and the mall. If the weather had been better we would have gone to Bay Beach in Green Bay. The bathrooms/showers were nearby and clean. The only issue we had was with the notorious raccoons!! We only had the issue the first night as we wised up the second night and forward.

Pick site 20

Site. 20 is the ideal site in this campground it is the biggest it’s on top of the hill private on three sides and has beautiful views it is a pull through site which makes it even better

Drained marsh

Went To this campground to specifically use our kayaks but the marshes were drained to replicate drought conditions. Make sure you check if the marsh is filled when reserving this campground. Otherwise it is just swamped muck. Plenty to do around this one as well. They have an 18 hole disc golf course and a nine hole soccer ball course. Brand new play ground added. One spigot for every four sites for water so 100 foot hose is required. Very close to this is the cave for tours at ledge park. There is also a very nice Indian museum down the street

love mauthe lake

lots to do at mauthe lake. big campsites. not too close to neighbors, good fishing!

love this place!

lots to do at mauthe lake! one of my favs. good fishing.

barely camping

if you’re camping to be in the outdoors, wouldn’t recommend

love this place

lots of people but a great place to camp. lots of things to do throughout the day

childhood favorite

this was one of my favorite places growing up. beautiful river access.

Great location on Lake Michigan

We booked this campsite strictly on location and DNR review. We drove from south central Indiana, approximately 6.5 hours, hauling a pop-up camper. Arrived and we were greeted by park ranger. Got paperwork, asked about fishing, but the ranger was unable to answer any questions. She said go in town to Two Rivers. Got to our campsite and set up. Perfect location, secluded, but still close to the facilities. We quickly learned there is a mosquito problem and found the source. A nasty algie filled creek behind our campsite. Thankfully we had a mosquito net to keep us somewhat protected.

There are many different activities to do on site, hiking, bike riding, beach going, and relaxing. There was a storm while there. There was little to no cell service and we did not have an emergency radio.

If if I could provide a recommendation or two…mosquito control and WiFi throughout for emergencies.

Rejuvenating stay!

Gorgeous place to camp! everything was beautiful, this park has it all… spacious campsites, sand dunes, trails, beach, gorgeous sunsets! plenty to do! there is a large open area and play area for kids to run around walkable from the camping, lots of little paths to explore! we loved our time here and can’t wait to go back!

Breathtaking views, camp sites available in the woods or right next to the

Check out their website too see the different sites to choose from. The wooded sites are filled with huge old trees. If you love the water, check out the sites that put you literally right next to lake Winnebago! Their are so many nice playgrounds if you are camping with children. They have a store with all the items you would need if you forgot anything. Added bonus they have hand scooped ice cream with several flavors to choose from! If you fish, bring your boat! Theirs a harbor right in the park to launch your boat! Highly recommended campground!! We will definitely camp there again!

Nice older style campground

The lake is nice and the sites are good. A little outdated for amenities but West Bend is just 5 minutes away and has a lot to offer.

Small, but quaint and relaxing

The campground itself is fairly small, but is segmented in ways that allow you to have great privacy and some decent hiking. The lake has a nice area for swimming, as well as dedicated boat/kayak launches. There's a nice hiking trail that wraps around the entire lake, which makes for a good hike. Very family friendly.

no frills RV park . extremely loud.

really a parking lot for Rv camping off an interstate. very loud and not family place but good for over night.

Quiet . Good for weekend camping

a nice quiet campground north of Milwaukee. Limited sites so book early. Dog friendly.

Tent Camping

Nice campground, we didn't have a reservation and showed up on a Tuesday and camped for a few nights. If you plan to camp for a weekend, you must make a reservation way in advance.

Clean campsite, with shaded areas. Sites are open. We were in the non-electric 200's, not as many RV's in this area.

At night you can hear the waves on Lake Michigan.

Hiking is nice, there is a dune boardwalk trail that is good that runs parallel to Lake Michigan shoreline.