Camping in Snow Hill

292 Reviews of 24 Snow Hill, Virginia Campgrounds

Christopher A.
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Nice

We like the upgraded sites. But they lack shade . It was extremely hot that weekend. One small pool. Golf carts available.

R
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Camper reunion

A few of my friends and I try to camp every autumn, and this private campground was perfect! The owners were very welcoming and do their best to work diligently to upkeep their farm and all their campers needs.

• campsite overview.
  • the end of cypress trial
  • bathroom trail

Month of VisitNovember
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Hot Spring Trip

Very hot for an early spring trip. Not much shade in the sites here. The trail isn’t shaded either. Store & museum still closed, because of covid I guess. Staff very nice. Camp hosts are pretty much nonexistent as compared to other MD State Parks. I think we’re in a swamp. I assume mosquitos…

Site70 Tulip Loop
K
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Great first camp!

Never been camping before- drove in, stayed in Hoffman’s loop. Easy walk to the bathrooms and camp store, 20-ish minute walk to the beach- beach was a huge plus for us. Not too crowded! Bathrooms were also very clean.

• 20 minute walk from campsite
SiteHoffman’s loop 121
Christina  E.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Lots of fun!

Stayed this past weekend at Cherrystone and had a blast! Pools weren’t open yet but there was so much else to do we didn’t mind. Played around on the paddle boats and mini golf (included in site price), swam in the bay, did tie dye and played candy bar bingo! Bathrooms were very clean and…

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Great place for a quick getaway

We just got back from spending the weekend here. We chose to spend our weekend tent camping and could not have been happier with our decision. My daughter LOVED being able to walk all trails. We were a bit disappointed the boardwalk was closed (but we still loved walking the rest of the trails).…

SiteCampsite C18
M
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Small state park with great camping

Absolutely enjoy going to Pocahontas! Great campsites. Pretty separated from each other. Very clean. Good bathrooms. Pool and fishing in the park. Good hiking.

Month of VisitFebruary
M
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

More of a year round campground

Last minute scheduled… they were very friendly. We had never been in the area so didn’t know what to expect.
They were super friendly and showed us to our campsite. They have a store onsite with food, drink and fishing tackle. This campground is about 3/4 year rounders. People who rent a…

T
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Great location near historic sites.

Clean, safe & filled with families. Lots of space assigned to each site. No septic per site but convenient dumping station. Large, spacious park with trails & other activities.

• One of the play areas
  • One of the play areas
SiteB66
Anne F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Quiet campground on the water

We liked camping here. Rustic but with hook ups. Nice big pier for fishing. Not too much in the area. We did some bike rides. Take your groceries bc the grocery stores aren’t great.

Site?
K
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Great park

I have been here a few times with my family. We usually stay in site A because it’s not far from the camping store where the wood is. The wood is $6 and it is the honor system after hours. If you go to the camping store while it’s open you can pay for the wood with credit card. The bathrooms are…

AdventureStang The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Nice and close to the beach

Great little trails to the beach. The RV areas had zero privacy. The tent camping area had a lot more privacy but the bathrooms in that area were not as clean.

SiteRV spot and Tent spot
James T.The Dyrt PRO User

Chickahominy park campground

Sites are level ,outdoor pool ,trails,boat ramps,fishing.you have the Chickahominy river in the James river meeting together. There are nice sites that are on the river. You're near Williamsburg Busch gardens all the outlets.

Site209 was in the open field
Elizabeth D.The Dyrt PRO User

Wow!

This place has everything you could ever need. I had tons of fun! If I could give them more stars, I would. The people like to play late into the night on the weekends. This did not bother me.