Schulter , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Schulter Camping Reviews
Great Escape

I love this small park. It offers a lot of amenities, but overall it’s about the cave trails and lots of hiking opportunities. We went in the early fall so too cool to enjoy the small lakes but our campsite had great views of one of the lakes.

Something for Most

Sequoyah State Park on Fort Gibson Lake offers a lot and people come from out of state to visit. There's a lodge, restaurant, golf course, paved trail, dirt trails, campgrounds, marina, and horseback riding in summer. I grew up nearby and still enjoy visiting.

Nice

Spent 3 nights, very good primitive camp ground,close to shopping, lot of tent camping

You can not camp here

You can not camp at the dam. You can camp at the Bluff down the road. If you do camp at the bluff, I would for sure visit the damn or even go for a day adventure. Getting to it is sketchy, the road turns to dirt and there are areas that people unfortunately dump trash but once you get to the dam (have to walk a little ways) it is beautiful and fun to explore the rocks, hike and for sure go fishing. Watch the rocks on the right side of the damn when the weather is nice bc snakes like to hide out in them (I think it’s cool to find them but most probably won’t) they won’t bother you. You can hike the shoreline down a ways and look for shells and cool driftwood. To get to the dam the ground is uneven and steep in some areas. There is no parking lot. Not many people go down there. Just make sure to not get stuck! There’s washed out areas but cars can make it. Last time I went we found lots of old cow bones along the river which was cool.

Beautiful place to get away

I love Robbers Cave. It’s one of my most favorite places to camp. There are over 40 miles of hiking trails and the views are incredible! I prefer to camp away from people and toilets don’t matter, I tent camp around Lake Wayne Wallace or Eagles Nest. Watch the trails bc you could end up on the horse trails and be very sad lol.

Beautiful and peaceful

Full hookups on concrete pads. Close to swimming, fishing, nature and a 5 star restaurant. We stayed at the Choctaw campground. Will stay again.

A hassle-free camping trip all around!

Usually when my friend and I go tent camping we have some hiccup in our plans—rain, damp firewood, lack of wood and ice to be purchased on site, trouble getting good maps, freezing to death at night, etc, but this trip really went without a hitch! They have a good website through which you can pick your campsite. We ended up with a pretty one by the creek that was more secluded than the others. It didn’t have a bathroom, but it was easy enough to drive over to the next site.

What is fun about Robber’s Cave is the variety of things to do. On our first day we went directly to the Cave area and enjoyed climbing on the rocks! Many views were pretty and the cave was not too puny either. The next day we explored more trails—one that was good and challenging—and then rented a kayak for the lake. It was only $5 for an hour! They’ve got mini golf, horse shoes, and a show cone stand to boot. The little camp headquarters also had plentiful ice and dry firewood to buy.

I guess if I have any criticism it would be that the bathroom was a bit dingy, but, heck, it had toilet paper! They also could have had better maps of some of the trails—we got just a little lost on one of the offshoot trails near the cave—but that’s what made it an adventure, really.

Love it here

A little bit of everything for everyone. We prefer the more primitive sites. lake Ray Wallace and Eagles Nest campgrounds within the park are awesome. The caves themselves are great to hike to from I believe 7 different trails. We've gone 3 times already this year. They have an equestrian RV area, plus others dotted throughout the park, a swimming pool (which boggles my mind considering there is great lake swimming), playgrounds, mostly family environment.

Awesome place.

Very well kept. Clean and friendly.

Beautiful but do your research

We stayed in the Cherokee section of the park. Campsites are clean and there’s electric and water at each. It has a beautiful view of the lake. However, the showers will cost you, so bring quarters. Plus, the ones we saw looked like they had black mold all around. Needless to say, we did not use the showers.