The best WALK IN camping near
Whitakers , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Whitakers Camping Reviews
Nice Corp Park

A one night stopover on our trip to the east coast. We stayed in a nice shaded spot B51 and other than it rained for 24 hours we did enjoy it. Lots to see and do here around the water.

Good People !

Be prepared to level your camper

1st time at Lake Gaston Americamps campground. The staff is awesome. Everyone was helpful, polite, friendly and made you feel welcomed. Need firewood, no problem. The fee is only $5 / bundle, which is below average for this area, and they will deliver it to your site. Have trash, simply place your bag by your site and they will pick it up. The bathhouse is very nice. Large showers, and clean. The swimming pool is great. Mini-golf, playground for the kids and lots of planned activities. Really enjoyed the stay here. Now for the complaints: most sites are 30 amp and are unlevel. Some are a challenge to get your unit level. That's it, the rest was all good.

Get place to get away

Not far from the Roanoke River and right around the corner from Halifax, this spot is perfect for getting away from it all. Walking trails along the mountainside with small bridges over a creek offer a scenic view. Gazebo with grills and bathrooms are located a small walk from the tent sites.

Beautiful water, a little cramped

Great safe spot for tubing, fishing, hammocking, swimming. Water felt great. Gorgeous sunset. Campsites are closely sandwiched between each other and since there's not a lot of tree cover I felt like I was sharing a campsite with 20 other people! Ranger drove by at least 3x a day but kept a distance. Bathrooms were nasty. I think I'd come back to Kerr Lake but not this campground.

Great family fun

This place was awesome! They have two swimming pools, golf, put put, nature trails, pavilions, Church on Sunday, nice pull through shaded sites, pond for fishing or paddle boats, I mean I can go on and on. The staff is amazing and polite. Prices are low. Only down side is the shower room. It needs to be updated but still very functional. Great place we will be going back soon!

Great Family Campground

Camped at site 91. Close to restrooms and walkable distance to showers. Beach area is clean and they provide a few life vest. Playground by showers is handy with kids. Shaded and clean sites. Highly recommend.

A family tradition

This place is such a great time! 🥳🙌🏼 the sites are well distanced, if you just want to be in nature this is the perfect place! 😍 It’s been a family tradition in my husbands family to go every year, and we look forward to it every year! ☺️

Very nice campground

Stayed here twice, once in a tent and once in our camper. The bathrooms are very clean and the sites are very roomy. My kids enjoyed the playground and the site we had both times were right beside the lake so we swam and fished alot. There was always a park ranger around so anything we needed was taken care of and we felt safe at night as they patrolled the grounds often. A very nice campground with low prices! We are going back this summer!

Great campground!

We spent one night here in April. It was great!

There are some pretty easy hiking trails, great for kids. Really beautiful wooded area. The campground was everything you could ask for! Large, level sites that are very secluded and far apart from each other. Bathrooms were clean and well situated. Very family-friendly!

We want to come back soon!