The best RV SITES camping near
Wallace , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Wallace Camping Reviews
Great place, mosquitos are brutal

We camped here Wed through Sat for my son's fall break. We arrived on Wed afternoon around 4pm. I was wearing leggings and the mosquitos literally landed on my leggings and bit me through them. I didn't even know that could happen. I should have left the campsite then and gone to Walmart, 17 min away, and bought enough bug spray and candles for the weekend but we set up the campsite instead. We just got back so camped the first week in October, site 17. For the four days, I had two citronella candles, one on the picnic table and one near our camping chairs, a thermocell fogger in the tent (ran for about an hour before we went in to go to sleep)  and then two bottles of 40% deet spray…one for our car when we came back to the campsite and one on the picnic table. We brought our kayaks and launched from both the Carolina Beach State Park marina and also Trails End public access (intercoastal waterway). Both were great with plenty of parking while we were there. There are VERY large yachts in the trails end area which are cool to see, just be careful when paddling that area. We fished at both places and also at Carolina beach from the surf. I caught a HUGE drum there. Lots of dogs off of leashes (rules change Oct 1st) so that was cool to see. We mostly cooked at the campsite but ate dinner at Sea Witch Cafe one night. The place is dog friendly, which we needed, and the food was reasonably priced and so good. The park rangers lock the gates at 9pm and they don't open until 7am so you have to plan accordingly. This wasn't an issue for us, we just watched the clock and made sure we were back. Beach is about 6 min away, Walmart is about 17 min or so, several grocery stores nearby (Food Lion, Publix). Overall, it was a great trip, I just wasn't prepared initially for the mosquitos. I got 90 bites that first day. I even had to constantly spray down my dog to keep the mosquitos off of her. It was a bit much. Definitely put all of your food in your car or at a minimum in your tent. Raccoons come nightly. :) We lost a quesadilla, some dog food, etc.

Very clean and fun

Great sites, fishing pier, playground great for kids, close to shopping and other stuff

Amazing staff & campground!

Being a travel nurse, I go through many campgrounds however this has by far been my favorite. The little things like the laundry being 24/7 to the staff who truly made the campground amazing are things that I’ll remember and am very thankful for! The staff were spectacular and very helpful/friendly!

Friendly and helpful in a time of need

We came here the day we sold our house in Fayettville. Covit19 had just hit so the campground we had reserved fell through and couldn’t get tenants to leave because they were scared. We were in for a surprise, Fayetteville RV resorts welcomed us with open arms and put us under a long term clause so we couldn’t get thrown out if they shut everything down. 600 a month is more than reasonable for the area. The staff is super and they keep the camp ground top notch.

The bathrooms were immaculate. The Landry rooms were great, little expensive but I get it, they are high maintenance with all the visitors. The hiking trail had all kinds of wildlife and a small damn on it. We walked it every day for 2 months and it was great. All the neighbors in the long term area were like family. I loved this place! They will not disappoint!

Good park

Not my vibe

Camp Clearwater is mostly permanent structures, this definitely isn’t wilderness camping. We didn’t end up staying at our site once we saw how busy it was The swimming beach wasn’t clean, but it was a fun place for kids to play.

Great!

Love that it’s close to the beach. The bathrooms were very clean. I’m not a fan of the spot we received because we are a pop up camper surrounded by very bright and very large RV’s but if next time we get the back circle area where our camper belongs it will be wonderful.

Sandy Beaches and Clear Water

The sites are laid out well and like most privately owned campgrounds are very close together. The campground is a mix of permanent and overnight sites. Golf carts are allowed in the park and can become a nuisance at times. Often see you kids driving carts which is concerning. Wifi service within the campground is good. Great areas for kids to play. Activities were subdued this year due to COVID-19 but the campground usually has many activities. Great swimming area and beach. This is the perfect location for kids as the water is very clear and the change in water depth is gradual. Great sunsets across the lake. This campground has become a yearly tradition.

Near the beach.

Wilmington  Koa is a nice campground with full hookups and all the "stuff" for the family to enjoy. It has a large pool, but no kiddie pool. They are working on the bathhouses so its a work in progress. Even so they are nice. The showers are very small, but useable. The location is near just about everything. The main road turning into the place can be jammed with traffic at times. The state has been building a bypass for the past 10 years and its still not finished. The camp spots are very spacious and the hookups are easy to get to. The workers are always friendly and willing to help. They have a nice dog park. We have stayed there numerous times and always have a good time.

Would give five stars but management is awful.

The people that run this place are super grouchy and super Christian. They literally watch everything you do with binoculars No alcohol allowed but if you get past that the place is wonderful.