The best YURTS camping near
Kelly , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Kelly Camping Reviews
Simple But Fine

If you're heading here to visit the beach, it's a great spot. You're about a five minute drive to the beach which is very convenient. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well and they had a massive selection of movies to rent which was cool. The campground itself was fine, the spots are a little small and it's next to some sketchy looking properties. Some great restaurants in the area as well.

Hidden in Holden

Close to the beach and easy to find backside parking. Do not let the drive deter you, it was an easy daily drive. Had a site next to “permanent bathroom” and trash area. So the smell wasn’t the best towards pickup time. The spots were nicely landscaped and we felt cozy. Lots of long term campers which gave it an odd mobile home vibe though. Photo shows how close we were to bathrooms….

Great place, mosquitos are brutal

We camped here Wed through Sat for my son's fall break. We arrived on Wed afternoon around 4pm. I was wearing leggings and the mosquitos literally landed on my leggings and bit me through them. I didn't even know that could happen. I should have left the campsite then and gone to Walmart, 17 min away, and bought enough bug spray and candles for the weekend but we set up the campsite instead. We just got back so camped the first week in October, site 17. For the four days, I had two citronella candles, one on the picnic table and one near our camping chairs, a thermocell fogger in the tent (ran for about an hour before we went in to go to sleep)  and then two bottles of 40% deet spray…one for our car when we came back to the campsite and one on the picnic table. We brought our kayaks and launched from both the Carolina Beach State Park marina and also Trails End public access (intercoastal waterway). Both were great with plenty of parking while we were there. There are VERY large yachts in the trails end area which are cool to see, just be careful when paddling that area. We fished at both places and also at Carolina beach from the surf. I caught a HUGE drum there. Lots of dogs off of leashes (rules change Oct 1st) so that was cool to see. We mostly cooked at the campsite but ate dinner at Sea Witch Cafe one night. The place is dog friendly, which we needed, and the food was reasonably priced and so good. The park rangers lock the gates at 9pm and they don't open until 7am so you have to plan accordingly. This wasn't an issue for us, we just watched the clock and made sure we were back. Beach is about 6 min away, Walmart is about 17 min or so, several grocery stores nearby (Food Lion, Publix). Overall, it was a great trip, I just wasn't prepared initially for the mosquitos. I got 90 bites that first day. I even had to constantly spray down my dog to keep the mosquitos off of her. It was a bit much. Definitely put all of your food in your car or at a minimum in your tent. Raccoons come nightly. :) We lost a quesadilla, some dog food, etc.

Great Family Fum

We went for the first weekend of October to enjoy the Halloween activities and we could not have been more pleased. Our kids, ages 1, 3 & 14, enjoyed every minute of the weekend. We booked a quad site with two other families and the location was perfect for all the children to run around and be kids without worrying about disturbing others. Cannot wait to come back.

Quiet, cozy and relaxing

My wife and I were looking for a place to escape for a couple of days. We found this campground and decided to go. This place is wonderful. The sites are far enough apart you don’t get interrupted by the neighboring campsites but the campground isn’t so big you have to drive everywhere. We had a shaded site, which most of the sites there are shaded, it had full hook ups and a fire ring. The staff was helpful and very easy to approach about any issues that would come up. There is a playground for kids and I could see our kids riding their bikes around with no issues at all. It is very short ride to the beach and there is a grocery store, ice cream shop, and a few restaurants nearby. I cannot wait to go back. We stayed at site 4.

Beautiful open campground

Very nice campground, great amenities, very clean. Sites are very unlevel and there are sand spurs everywhere so definitely keep shoes on everyone, we had to buy our pup booties.

Our Favorite Place

This was our first stop when we purchased our Travel Trailer and we just keep coming back. Nice wooded little campground, few amenities, but the staff and fellow campers are all incredibly nice. They are in the middle of expansion so we are very excited to see where it goes.

Great first trip!

We stayed a for 3 days. It was our first camping trip as a family and we couldn’t have picked a better place. We will definitely be coming back.

Discover the swamp and the beach

I stayed at the Carolina Beach State Park Campground a few times and enjoyed every moment. First of all, it provides an affordable option for those who want to be close to the beach but also enjoy camping, woods, and hiking trails. It's also a nice campground with clean nice bathrooms and showers with hot water.

Sites 71 and 73 are connected and provide plenty of space for a larger group with several cars. The site doesn't have tent pads, it's basically just some gravel, pretty level and with a lot of space for tents.

The park has about 5 miles worth of trails. My favorite is the Flytrap trail, which leads to swampy areas with Venus flytraps and other carnivorous plants. They are small and easy to find if you know where to look. Ask a ranger for specifics.

BTW, if you're in Wilmington area, check out https://www.wilmingtonandbeaches.com/listing/stanley-rehder-carnivorous-plant-garden/901/ - this is a cure little destination for kids and adults.

The weather can be hot and humid during the summer months. Bring a lot of bug spray!!!

Love it

Great place for the family! Plenty of stuff to do and the ability to relax when needed! My son loves it and we go here regularly !!!! Super friendly staff!