Hertford , NORTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Hertford Camping Reviews
Very quiet spot in the woods

Very helpful and friendly owners that live just off the camp grounds if you need anything. I stayed in a spot nestled in the woods. Very quiet. Good spot for a night or two

Don’t consider going if your going to use a trolling motor

After seeing some of the pictures I decided to call them ask how bad all the algae and overgrowth was and was told it was pretty clear. That was not the case, if you don’t plan on paddling with a kayak or maybe a canoe don’t risk it. I was going to take a Jon boat with a trolling motor and there are countless limbs and the overgrowth is terrible you will not make it through. Not the place to consider going if you want to camp out and fish

Good People !

Great family campground

I have camped here many times throughout my childhood and adulthood. Miles of trails and so much to do. Always with clean sites and attentive staff

Clean park, great staff, lots to do!

Would have given it a 5, but the constant jet noise makes it hard to relax and bothers our dogs. I know… it’s the sound of freedom (my husband is a veteran Army Aviator). Otherwise a great place to visit with lots to do and just a short drive to Sandbridge or VA Beach boardwalk.

Perfect Isolation

Nice isolation, wonderful clean beach, have to hike or bike minimally 4mi from Back Bay NWR to get to the park. Bring plenty of water for hike in during summer, hardly any shade hiking in. Campgrounds are clean, fair amount of bugs so bring spray, multiple drinking water locations around Barbour Hill Bay and Ocean Side.

Great family fun

This place was awesome! They have two swimming pools, golf, put put, nature trails, pavilions, Church on Sunday, nice pull through shaded sites, pond for fishing or paddle boats, I mean I can go on and on. The staff is amazing and polite. Prices are low. Only down side is the shower room. It needs to be updated but still very functional. Great place we will be going back soon!

Ok experience

When we arrived at the campground we did not get the site that I thought I reserved. My daughter lives in Virginia Beach as was in the office when I reserved the site. I live in New Jersey. They said that I never locked the site down. Was never asked to lock it down. But they took the deposit from my account. They did give me a discount about the inconvenience. But I was still a little disappointed I did not get the site I thought I reserved. Though campground was very clean and quiet. Just make sure you say you want to lock your site in or you will not get it!

Nice local spot to get away to

Nice spot to get away for a few nights. Everyone was super chill & helpful.

If you dont have tons of gear & are just looking to get away, this is a solid choice.

Sometimes you just meed to get under the open sky for a bit. This location is great for that.

So Many Options!

There are so many options available here. Shuttle run to assist with transportation (great if you are in a motorhome) and there are lots of activities.

Its super clean & the staff is amazing!

Rent bikes, go to the beach, ride the zip line… There is always something to do.