The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Edenton , NORTH CAROLINA

Camping North Carolina Edenton Standard (Tent/RV)

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Edenton Camping Reviews
Wouldn't Come Back

Wet wood. Really wet. Most sites were kind of crap. Either wide open with mushy pull- ins or un-even. There were a few that were great. #3 #1 and #6 were our favs. Was not communicated that you would need exact change for wood since the facilities were closed and there is no camp host. You have to drive 20 mins to any gas station or grocery in order to do that so letting campers know would be great.

The trails were super easy, wide and flat. PERFECT for young families or those looking for a stroll rather than a hike. The lake was beautiful. We make a point of just checking trail lengths and camp sites before we come out (pictures can be deceiving on the latter lol) so we had no idea we were going to be staying at a park named after a confederate general. Felt gross about that. None of the buildings at the plantation were open while we were there so I don't know if the education was as super glossy as the outside plaques….. his grave even had a confederate flag placed on it. Like, really???? If you walk out to the graveyard there is only one small paragragh that will make you smile and feel a little bit better about where you are. Brought our 12 year old so it opened up some really great conversations that we could lead but it would have been nice to have a bit of the uglier history actually mentioned in any of the plaques!

Wouldn't come back, but the area it self was really pretty and the trails were super easy. 4.5 miles felt like nothing to complete!

Relaxation on the Sound.

This KOA is actually still under construction. As with everything else Covid-19 has set it back. But there are many sites available. A lot of the amenities are already available. Dog park, shower house, store, children's play area and they can fill your propane tanks for you. Full hookups with WiFi and cable. Drive through and back in sites with water views all around. We spent a week there and it was so relaxing. They also rent campers and little trailers. Check out their website.

Just call it home

A wonderful campground to visit or just stay awhile. I’m a travel nurse living in my RV with my husband and 2 dogs and I call it home. It’s quiet and peaceful with a small pond to fish in. There’s a Blue Herron that hangs out by the pond you can see everyday. There are beautiful deer that come out at dusk to eat with their babies. And it’s just an all around peaceful place that connects with nature. The owners are great and live onsite. I couldn’t have picked a better place to camp.

Very quiet spot in the woods

Very helpful and friendly owners that live just off the camp grounds if you need anything. I stayed in a spot nestled in the woods. Very quiet. Good spot for a night or two

Don’t consider going if your going to use a trolling motor

After seeing some of the pictures I decided to call them ask how bad all the algae and overgrowth was and was told it was pretty clear. That was not the case, if you don’t plan on paddling with a kayak or maybe a canoe don’t risk it. I was going to take a Jon boat with a trolling motor and there are countless limbs and the overgrowth is terrible you will not make it through. Not the place to consider going if you want to camp out and fish

Beauty in the Quiet

This was my first trip to Goose Creek State Park, but it certainly won’t be the last. We stayed in the new RV campground, and it couldn’t have been more perfect. Large sites, a fire pit, and because we were there off season — very few fellow campers!

The staff was super nice, the restrooms were very clean and quite new. The trails were well maintained and well marked. Some features were closed due to Covid restrictions (the swim beach for example), but it didn’t lessen the experience at all.

Good People !

I'll definitely be back

Very well maintained. Stayed at primitive site 11 to be close to the water but it's a little too close to another site (luckily I was the only one in the circle of sites). I'll probably choose a lower number next time. Bathroom was clean. It was very quiet the night I stayed. Absolutely perfect! I'll definitely be back!!!

DICUSSED

This campground is full of bugs. It also lacks the basic cleaning of bathhouses. They are full of bugs and dirt in both the outside and inside showers and management does nothing to change it.  When I complained I was given excuses. Would I stay there again NEVER.

As expected

We made reservations online, got there Tuesday and left Thursday. We stayed at site 7 in the primitive tent camp ground. It was well shaded and not right on the road. The boardwalks and beach are closed, but at the end of the primitive campground (if you are staying there, only) you can access the Pamlico River and Goose Creek.

The toilets were clean, and the camp site was clean. The have have firewood available in the primitive section just before sites 5 and 6, it’s $5 per milk crate, but bring cash and exact change. The rangers drive through regularly if you need anything.

There wasn’t anyone near us and only one other occupied campsite while we were there so it was really peaceful. No issues with cell service from AT&T.

All in all, it’s your basic primitive camp site. We plan to return, and will probably try to stay closer to sites 12, 13, or 14 since they are closer to the dock and water.

If you have small children there’s not much they can do (we didn’t go to the visitors center) so be sure to bring things to occupy them.