The best TENT SITES camping near
Bucklesberry , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Bucklesberry Camping Reviews
Welcoming / Outdoors

Owners that we spoke with to reserve our area and take care of us was just the southern hospitality you always hear about. Super nice and welcoming and always has a smile on their face. The owners live on the property in the house, which I thought was awesome in case we needed anything. Everyone else that either drives by or lives by us always waving and stopping for conversations, just as polite as can be.

Was told this land is approximately 400 acres of wooded and fielded areas housing multiple horses and horse pastures. They have a horse arena here that holds events weekly. Love the horse atmosphere and watching them do their thing from day to day. Plenty of paths and areas to walk around and stretch your legs, along side multiple ponds with catch and release only fishing. Well off the main road as well so you hardly hear any traffic.

Small but Adventurous

Great for a weekend tent trip, most RV spots are used by permanent users. Small camping area not a whole lot of acres, how ever a lot of outdoor exploring area adjacent to the camp ground. Multiple ponds and frisbee golf course. MY PERSONAL OPINION, may not affect others but I like to camp under trees or close to. Most of the tent sites are out in the open. We got lucky and got one. Great prices though as well.

Nature and Privacy

This campground was opened in 2019 so everything is very new. The sites are spread very far apart. There are no trees for shade and this campground may become hot in the summertime. Each site is separated by waist heigh field grass. The sites have course gravel for the RV pad and finer gravel for the “tent pad” / picnic table area. We were in a tent that connects to the back of our Honda Odyssey and I used two tarps to protect the tent flooring even on the finer gravel. Cell signal is almost nonexistent except for possibly AT&T which a neighboring camper told me.

I would recommend this campground except maybe not so much in the summer months

Convenient spot but a bit noisy.

We tried this RV Park as we were traveling because the other fell through (there was a storm and they lost power). People were very friendly on the phone. They allowed a late check in. My husband paid over the phone while we were driving and when we got there they had laid out a map of how to get to the site and a car tag. Super easy. It was pretty empty that night and we did a pull thru site. We basically just stopped, de-winterized ate some food and went to sleep. And then in the am we disconnected and left bc it was still raining and we were just passing through. All night long we were able to hear the highway (i-95) and trains passing by. My husband is an extremely light sleeper so it was much worse for him. The kids slept fine and it was just ok for me. The campsite was exactly what we needed but I cant say we would go back just because for us, it was too noisy being so close to the highway.

Very cool campground!

Not only is this campground surrounded by tall pines and beautiful lakes it is spotless. The campsites are well spaced and give a bit of a community feel with cabins near by the bath house, which also is incredible!!! Heated bathrooms are a plus in our book! Highly recommend 👍🏼

Great stop for the week

Friendly people. Full hook ups. Level spots. Pretty lake to look over. Easy on and off the highway and easy access to shopping and RV store. No frills but worth the money.

Great visit

Started the year out on some trails. Had the place almost to myself except for the campers. Very well maintained. River is up, so some areas are flooded but still able to get a few miles in today!

Nice quiet park for the first of December

As stated we stayed there the first of December for 7 days and it was quiet.  At one point there might have been 4 other campers there.  We thought the shrubs, plantings, trees, between the camp sites gave a fair amount of privacy.  The sites are a little close together but the plantings help with that.  I don't think you would need leveling blocks for any of the sites, they were flat.  One complaint is that most of the sites are sandy, which tracks everywhere.  There were a few sites that had gravel spread around the site which would have been nice to have.  A few truck loads of gravel would help a lot.  Another complaint is that the bath house wasn't heated.  There was a heater here and there running but the eves of the building were open, just had wire screening.  We picked a site close to the bath house so we could take showers and save water, that wasn't happening.   The recreational area and the beach is still closed.

Enjoyed staying here for years, but this weekend was less than memorable...

I've had many good memories here, sad to see Ben Hardy not there anymore, he always went above and beyond to make your stay pleasant, most recently the mens bathroom was smelly, shower area very dirty, and no toilet tissue available, trash cans were over full there was paper towels all over the fioor, it just might be a while before i return there for a visit….  :(

Perfect overnight spot

Simple and cheap.quiet.small and civy. Clean