The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Norwood , MISSOURI

Camping Missouri Norwood Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Norwood Camping Reviews
Words really can't describe.

But here we go….

Great place with great folks!

I've been coming out here for a couple of years now, and its always a great time. You'll run into the occasional hippy or two, but that just adds to the fun!

Nice area

Nice place to walk in the woods, camping by permit, short drive from Springfield, high traffic

Excellent Time!

My son and I purchased two new travel trailers and campsite number two was perfect for getting our campers ready, including sanitizing our water tanks.

Although we did not fish, we thoroughly enjoyed our family hike up around the spring and watching all of the trout being caught.

It was a great family time and I am so blessed to have had this time together with my son, his lovely wife and our 3 year old granddaughter.

Thank you Bennett Springs!

Great for overnight boondocking.

Busy on summer weekends so get there early. River access but not kid swim friendly. You can walk or drive up the road for beach river access thats safer. Felt safe here. Well maintained. Large sites (trees) big rv friendly with easy loop gravel road. No verizon cel service. No utilities at all. Pack it in and out.

Shady, large sites and most have a view of lake

This party is awesome for couples or families. Closer to the lake and had it's own swimming beach. Nice bathhouses and grounds well kept. Hosts are very nice and enjoyed the friendliness of everybody. This will definitely be a return campground yearly.

Very, very rustic...

Close to Highway 60. Quite a bit of road noise. Reasonable rates and friendly owner. Site was fairly level. Definitely a wooded setting. Could tell work was being done to clear away brush and debris. Restrooms and showers were single units on the ends of office building. Just a few too many broken down campers sitting around for a very high rating. Probably would not stay again.

Quiet, easy camping

Nice long weekend in a relatively primitive campsite. Vault toilets were a plus, but no water source that we saw. Access to swimming, fishing, and hiking trails. We were surprised with how many sites were taken up, but there were still quite a few available. Arrive early for a good spot (We stayed in spot 20 which had its own path to the river). Would definitely camp here again.

There isn't much in the 20 miles before you get to the campgrounds, but there is firewood for sale (self-serve) 10-15 minutes before.

Great family campground

We spent our first weekend at HVO. We stayed in the danceyard camp site with 30 amp electric only and plenty of trees. The newer RV sites have full hookups but no shade. Quiet hours run 10pm-7am which was nice for my young daughters. HVO does allow golf carts so you have to watch out for those zooming around. The camp store is amazing. They have a full menu including pizza for those days that you’re too tired to cook. The gravel bar was nice and close to our site. However the gravel bar isn’t huge so make sure to show up early to get a prime spot. Not a necessity for me but I did have full LTE on Verizon.

My family and I will definitely return in the future.