The best BOAT IN camping near
Norwood , MISSOURI

Most Recent Norwood Camping Reviews
Excellent Time!

My son and I purchased two new travel trailers and campsite number two was perfect for getting our campers ready, including sanitizing our water tanks.

Although we did not fish, we thoroughly enjoyed our family hike up around the spring and watching all of the trout being caught.

It was a great family time and I am so blessed to have had this time together with my son, his lovely wife and our 3 year old granddaughter.

Thank you Bennett Springs!

Shady, large sites and most have a view of lake

This party is awesome for couples or families. Closer to the lake and had it's own swimming beach. Nice bathhouses and grounds well kept. Hosts are very nice and enjoyed the friendliness of everybody. This will definitely be a return campground yearly.

Great family campground

We spent our first weekend at HVO. We stayed in the danceyard camp site with 30 amp electric only and plenty of trees. The newer RV sites have full hookups but no shade. Quiet hours run 10pm-7am which was nice for my young daughters. HVO does allow golf carts so you have to watch out for those zooming around. The camp store is amazing. They have a full menu including pizza for those days that you’re too tired to cook. The gravel bar was nice and close to our site. However the gravel bar isn’t huge so make sure to show up early to get a prime spot. Not a necessity for me but I did have full LTE on Verizon.

My family and I will definitely return in the future.

Ozark Forrest

Great place to camp, camp grounds 2,3,4,5 all are shaded with plenty of room between campsites. Campground 1 has sewer,ele,water on concert pads but very little shade. Modern shower houses, plenty of hiking trails, and of course trout fishing

Pleasantly surprised

We booked a last minute trip here and had a cabin along with a RV site. The cabins were great. Campsites were nice too. There was a large pool kind of hidden in the woods. The owners were great and easy to work with. The Gasconade River is right there, but up too high while we were there.

Hike in and camp, or just hike for day use!!

This area is a wilderness area so camping is plentiful.  However in this particular are there is no organized campsite specifically.  Instead there are several areas where you can with permissions hike in and stay.

My suggestion for camping along this area are to check with local restrictions, there are some that you will want to make sure you know first hand.   Sometimes fire restrictions do change and these can be found at the beginning of the trails on the kiosks.   Some areas also are not permitted for overnight parking so you want to check those out before venturing into the wilderness for a lengthy time.

Check with rangers of the area to make sure you are not in a register only or permit only area for camping!!  Very important in this region.

Bring everything and then plot your course.

The 4 mile hike is amazing and has many beautiful view points however it is also quite treacherous in some areas.    This area is also one which you will find many snakes lurking during warmer months so beware!!!!

I always suggest on wilderness hikes to not hike alone or camp alone but this one I found to be more problematic with limited to no cell service for assistance should you encounter danger.

Be careful but have fun!!!

Great Shaded Soft Tent Sites!!

When it comes to this location I liked the overall spacing of sites and the shaded tent area.  This was so appealing when I pulled in.  At first I had eyed just a site by the water but when I saw these they were a bit further away but seemed to be just what I was looking for in the midst of the heat.

Many people come to this area to put a kayak in the water and enjoy, and while I wanted to do that it seemed a bit crowded for my liking as a novice.   You wouldn't expect that from the water but I get turned around easily and I didn't want to be out there in the way.   Instead I enjoyed the other activities and just being at camp itself.

A bit more about the options for water recreation.   They do have rentals and a shuttle service to accommodate you returning following a paddle, that seemed very reasonably priced.

Camp was very nice with lush green grass, access to fire rings and picnic tables.    It wasn't to loud although you could hear the sounds of campers around you pretty easily.

They also had cabin options here, I didn't explore them this time around but they looked nice and the placement wasn't to close to one another.  The RV area was well spaced and had great areas for leveling out with ease, shade coverings for the exposed sites and similar amenities to the tent camping.

Come On An Off Day Of the Week For Maximum Enjoyment!!

This state park is one worth a stop when near Springfield. I drove north toward this park to enjoy something a bit different and found it to be very peaceful during a weekday.

I had traveled here following a busy time and expected to still have some of that lingering noise which hangs out after a big event. But by the time I reached the location it had dwindled out. Leaving behind in the peaceful outdoors were shaded sites that were well placed but slightly trashed. That isn’t the fault of the park but rather of the people who did not pick up after themselves.

After a little tidying of my site, I was home for the night in a nice tent site. I took a tour of the grounds and noticed that the showers were nice, the water was great in pressure and hot!! Restrooms were well maintained and even after the weekend they had already done their maintenance and had them looking very nice!!

Something else to note when traveling is cell service. With AT&T I had 3 bars of service, something which I was very uncertain of after driving to the location had been spotty in some areas.

The campground runs alongside a waterway and it was nice to enjoy around dusk the sounds of the water. I would have taken a dip in it had I not arrived so late in the evening, it looked so perfect for just dipping the toes in. Also I could see this being a great place to launch a small boat or kayak.

Nearby camp is one of the larger hatcheries in the state which you can visit during certain hours and see how they work to diligently populate the waterways and lakes in Missouri, pretty cool process and information. Definitely recommend!!

Electric and Basic

We've camped at both electric and basic sites. Both providing lots of shade. Great foahing, and two very nice trails.