The best DRIVE IN camping near
Newtown , MISSOURI

Most Recent Newtown Camping Reviews
Buck Stop Camp

About 1.5 mile hike to camp, nice moderate hike with wide trails. Listened to deer rutting all night and coyotes howling. Can’t wait to go again!

Small park

This is a very small park and go for just an overnight stay.

It's a quick stop for the night.

Not great, but I'm sure there's worse. The good is that it's straight off the interstate, the hookups seem to work and it's a fairly quiet town. The bad is that there's very little room between pads and except for some aging picnic tables, no amenities. No reservations and no staff, just a drop box for payment.

It's a quick stop for the night.

Off the beaten path

Very nice and quite location when I went mid September. Seems like a lot of trails to explore. Will go back again to explore more. Lots of hills.

A great getaway

I’ve camped here in a tent as well as a travel trailer and it’s great either way! Nice camping spots, generally a very quiet campground. The campsites are a bit of a hike from the lake but there is lots to do when you get there. Paddle boats, a beach, several playgrounds for kids, fishing, a marina and a great restaurant. There are several different trails you can hike or bike.
A great and affordable place to stay in north Missouri.

Fun Labor Day weekend

Thousand Hills SP was great. Huge swim beach, lots of trails, pavilions, playground equipment and beautiful views. Park has a full service marina where you can rent kayaks or fill your boat with gas. It also has a restaurant. Restaurant was not a little more upscale. I wouldn’t show up in flip flops and swim trunks. If you don’t have a RV or tent there are cabins to rent as well.

Out in the woods

Nice, but small state park, has around 40 rv sites. Large newer shower house to service all 40 sites. All sites are shaded. They have around 10 sites with full hook ups. Park is sitting on 1900 acres with plenty of hiking trails and a 18 acre lake. Nice place for a quiet getaway, downside if any is no TV reception, cell phone service is 4g

Ok spot

While I loved our camping spot, this park was just OK for me. The grounds and restrooms are nice, and it’s much smaller than most parks. The “lake” was very small and the hiking was just OK.

We stayed in electric site #19. It’s nice because it’s a pull through site with no neighbors on either side.

North loop review

We camped in spot #20 of the north loop. I would not recommend any spot in the center second of the loop. It was more like parking than camping. If we parked in the direction to utilize the full hookups we would have had our awning out over our neighbors campsite.
The state park has some nice trails for hiking. Use bug spray because the ticks are bad. Some nice views of the lake