The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Merwin , MISSOURI

Camping Missouri Merwin Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Merwin Camping Reviews
Lake life

Fabulous campground

Great place to camp!

This was the second campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to get to, beautiful overlooking the lake, and was clean. The hiking trails were overgrown and no longer accessible.

Convenient Campground to Escape the City

This was the first campground I visited with my new camper. It was easy to book online, the attendants were very nice, and the campground was well maintained. The only thing I did not like was some sites were shared and not individual.

Nothing shy of memory

The caretakers here are the sweetest people. Taking my 2 and 6 year old on their first camping experience we chose this place and they told us as we checked in that they wanted their 1st camping trip to be awesome…loaded us up with some complimentary firewood…let us pick out our tent plot, and directed us toward the bathrooms and drinking water….and that's where the good part of the review ends. We had to change plots 2 times bc as we unloaded our gear and attempted to set up camp we were welcomed and not left unpested by snakes of all sizes and large insects…it was dark when we managed to lay my already sleeping children down in the tent…the night air was clouded with mosquitoes but the moon was full and the stars were amazing. Coyotes could be heard in the distance…we thought…until around 3 am when we were startled awake by what appeared to be large dogs without leash, collar, or owner licking our tent. Circling our tent….The morning daylight couldn't come fast enough…The bathrooms were dirty and infested with various insects and covered in cobwebs…a short walk to the waters edge sent us home w 2 children covered in chigger and mosquito bites …extremely disappointing.

Quiet and Peaceful

Small private lake community. Access to several lakes for boating swimming and fishing. Also has a golf course and swimming pool. Come in the fall when the trees are beautiful.

This is a very nice area to camp. Quiet. The shower/ bath houses are clean. I had a great time kayaking the coves to this gorgeous lake.

Middle of town Getaway

The original plan was to be in Blue Springs for an outdoor off-road RC event, camping in our pup with a generator at the track. Cue pouring down rain for a week and the event is postponed, with notification out midday on Thursday. I had been eyeing this campground as a possibility for the area, and I'm so glad we decided to pull the trigger and camp anyway! We had a great pick of sites online, were able to book Thursday night and head out Friday early afternoon from central Iowa. It poured down rain for the whole trip, but you wouldn't be able to tell by looking at our site. The staff was super friendly, as well as other campers nearby. We chose a spot near (but not too near) the restroom on an outside loop (site 50). Pros: Facilities are kept very clean, staff is friendly, gated grounds, sites have great drainage, other campers were very quiet, Fleming Park has a lot to do and see, including a native hoofed animal enclosure.
Cons: You may only use campground firewood (BUT, we got 3 buckets of really great wood that lasted Friday and Saturday night), the previous tenants of our site left a bunch of trash behind (nothing against the campground, but irritates me in general), the highway can definitely be heard, but wasn't overly distracting, the floor drainage in the shower house (men and women) was variable dependent on which stall you chose. Most certainly would stay again!

City Camping

If you’re wanting to camp where you are close to city amenities, this is the spot for you. My husband, our dog and I camped in one of the tent spots, but there were mostly RV’s around us. The bathrooms and laundry area were relatively clean and the camp hosts were very friendly and helpful. You can’t see the lake from the campground, and there was some road noise from morning commuters but overall it’s a nice stop for a night or two. We felt very safe here since they require an access code to get into the gate.

Great sty

Chill, low key environment. Management super friendly and amenities (bathrooms, showers) kept clean. Great spot for family.

A local gem

A campsite not to far from Kansas City but had a feeling far removed. The campground was super clean and well maintained. Out site was great near the entrance but on top a hill and the perfect tree coverage for shade. One of the best shaded spots in the campground.