Eolia , MISSOURI

Most Recent Eolia Camping Reviews
Daniel Boone

Nice area, second camping area at the end of the road. No amenities at the end of the road, but there is a toilet at the first camping area. Beautiful scenery, alot of hunters.

It's a pretty good campground

Our site was a good ways away from the road, and they're pretty generous with their firewood. Their bathrooms are pretty old though. All in all we enjoyed our stay.

Large campground area

I felt like we were in the deep woods. Not much grassy areas. Electric sites only. I felt there were not enough Shower houses or toilets for amount of camping spaces. Now for the great things about this camping are. Camping spots divided into three areas. Puma, Coyote and Badger. The Badger area was closed. I found the site 98 in the Puma area quite nice with a little more grassy area. The shower hose was very nice and clean. There were a few sites with semi view of the water. I recommend 77 and 82. Wonderful boat ramp off the beach. Great for kayaks. Nice fishing area. All in all a pretty good camp.

Great For Adventuring

Whether you’re at one of the 25+ lakes in area, one of many beautiful trails, the mysterious WWII bunkers or the scenic roadways, Weldon Spring offers many an escape in the middle of town. Popular amongst marijuana users as the area is so big and close to the large sub-urban area nearby. It’s clean and a great spot for a group or individuals any time of the year.

Clean and well maintained

We have visited this campground multiple times and stayed in multiple sites.  We tried a new location this time (#25) and really enjoyed it.  It was located by itself and was truely car camping with a parking spot at the site itself.  #24 is slightly smaller, but has the same benefits.  #26-28 are located just up the hill and would be great for multiple families camping together.  All 5 of these sites have 2 hammock stands and are located close to a pit toilet that is clean and well maintained.  No water pump that I could find for this location.

Previously we have stayed in W4 and W6 which required hauling the gear from the parking lot into the "primative" location.  These were nice, but all in one large clearing with no privacy.  They were also a bit of a walk to the bathrooms.

I would also recommend site #20.  It was grouped with others, but at the end of a row.  It would also require hauling gear in from a parking lot, but might be worth it for the shade and seclusion.  It is also close to the lake.

Good site

I had a great time here. The roads were paved, signs were marked clearly. Good connection on the phone service as well. Only issue I had was the amount of bugs that were everywhere. When I stepped out it felt like I was walking through a thousand spider webs everywhere. The bathrooms aren’t that clean either. That being said though, bugs are to be expected of a campground. Other than that though it was quiet and it was a nice stop.

Everything we needed

Well taken care of. Right off the interstate which makes for a pretty good spot for an overnight rest. Some nice trails through the woods. Quite at night on high season. Clean bathrooms with hot showers. We paid 12$ for primitive. (W electricity $20)

Very clean and quiet campground

Bathrooms could have used more attention especially with the times, beach was nice and clean but could use a bathroom close by

Clean, friendly host, great amenities

My wife and I had a fantastic stay and will definitely return for another stay. Campground hosts are VERY nice and friendly. Bathroom and showers were clean and nice as well! I would highly recommend this campground if you’re in the area!

I’ve been coming here since I was a kid...

We always stay in the main campground area. Either in a normal camper, pop-up, or tent, Siloam is a perfect place to stay. The bathroom and showers are good, and the walk from the main circle of sites is super close. The pines give great cover when hot and add that familiar pine sent to the whole park.

From hiking to fishing to boating/kayaking, there is a lot offered. I prefer to spend most of my time hiking and every once in a while, I will rent a kayak. The trails are pretty well marked and are best in mid/late fall or early spring. We’ve redone them numerous times and still enjoy them. My favorite trails are the Red Oak and Hoot Owl!

My family and I have always enjoyed Siloam Springs as a good weekend getaway!