McArthur , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent McArthur Camping Reviews
Fishing 10 steps from our Trailer

1st RV park that I ever took my trailer to. Easy to get in and out of the camp site large camp sites, the hat Creek runs right through the camp ground and we caught trout all morning. Wonderful place convenience store was great too!👍👍

Remote but beatiful

The name is Medicine Lake campground. Stayed here in June 2020, had to camp at overflow because the lake loops were all full. Nice, clean, well kept. Pit toilets were clean. Fire pits and picnic table at each site. No cell service whatsoever. Paddled Medicine Lake, beautiful but buggy. Lots of mosquitos and lake flies. Lots to do nearby, Lava Flow NM, lava tubes, giant obsidian flows, hiking trails. Remote but beautiful. Lots of dispersed camping also available in the Modoc NF.

Heaven

Quite remote but worth it! Stayed 5 nights here. Has everything you could want. Big trees, wildlife, easy trails and waterfalls waterfalls waterfalls! The water was freezing in August. Perfect.

Nice, quite and spacious

Clean and quite. The sites are spread out and offer a lot of privacy. Full hookups $35, water and electric $30. Dry camp $20. On the south shore of Eagle Lake. No fires or Charcoal at this time. Would come back again. Stayed 3 nights.

Awesome spot for the week!

This place was amazing! There were so many spots to select from. Stayed 4 nights and only saw 4 other campers. The vault toilet I was near was by far the cleanest vault toilet I’ve ever used. It was checked at least once in the 4 days I was there. The spot is free but has a donation box at entrance. Saw several people have small boats to fish on the lake. Had 3 bars of 4G service so enough to work remotely but it was an struggle. No water or trash services so please pack out. No fires at this time either. Stargazing here is to die for!!

Great Campground

This campsite is pretty awesome. We stayed at site #21 in loop D. The sites were very large and came equipped with a fire ring/grill, bear box and picnic table.

We had a great time exploring the park and hanging out around Lake Manzanita.

Lassen National Park is beautiful and we hope to be back soon. Even during a busy Labor Day Weekend the park was crowded but nothing like a bigger national park (think Yosemite) in a regular weekend. It was nice being able to experience the park without feeling totally overcrowded.

The camp store was very convenient if you forget anything!

Great Rooms

We stayed 2 nights in one of the lodge rooms and loved it.

Great primitive campground

Good spot if you are self sufficient. Free too.

There are fire rings and picnic tables and tons of shade.

We were there on Labor day weekend, and butte lake campground down the road in the National Park Proper was PACKED… but this little spot just a 10 min drive away was almost abandoned. We saw I think two other sites occupied, out of maybe 10 or more. Very spacious, lots of room. The site we got had one table and fire ring, but maybe 6 or seven flat areas for a tent and a parking area big enough for like 5 cars. Tons of space!

Although I would assume that it is unpopular because it wasnt full on a holiday, that may also be because it was 90 degrees that day, maybe people cancelled their plans? It was quite pleasant at night dropping to about 55deg though.

There is a creek, but in the summer when we were there it was a bubbling muddy rut in the ground. Probably amazing in spring.

I would definitely stay here again.

Beautiful Lake & Park

This campground is BIG. there are four loops of sites.  I am a tent camper so this area can be on the crowded side for me with not enough privacy.

That being said the lake is beautiful. Easy access for kayaks and canoes.

The sites are clean, have table, food locker and fire sit.  Bathrooms are flush with showers available.  Close by are cabins to rent on the lake and a store, rentals and even gas,

Great jumping off site to get thru Lassen Park. Can take 45 minutes to get to the other side but there is lots of hiking and incredible views.  And crazy geo thermal sites such as Bumpass Hell.

Awesome Location

I love that this campground is right by the river. The paved sites are nice. The bear locker was dirty and doesn’t seem like it gets cleaned. The vault toilet floors are not kept clean at all and don’t seem like they’re cleaned often. Site 21 is not private at all & you’re right next to the host who runs the generator for a 3-4 hours in the evening. To be expected, I know, but it’s when you’re cooking dinner and hanging out. Other than that it’s a really nice campground and the easy access trails are sweet. Fishing is good and there’s lots of wildlife.