About Morro Strand Sb
Morro Strand Sb is located in California
5 Reviews of Morro Strand Sb
It’s a parking lot

I would be giving this campground one star but it is right on the beach and you can walk from campground to beach and to the infamous rock formation. Morro Bay is beautiful and you can watch a myriad amount of sea creatures from the shore including sea otters. So being so close to the main attraction of Morro Bay is nice but the campground itself is nothing more than a parking lot with bathrooms. The sites are so close together that I felt like I was camping with strangers. My fire ring was about ten feet from my neighbor’s fire ring. I was lucky to find a spot on the edge of the campground property to put my tent overlooking the beach. At night I could hear every word of every conversation being had in sites next to me. The sites are that close.

Right on the beach parking lot

You'll want an RV or trailer for this campsite. Pro: right on the beach, great location close to the rock and downtown. Con: parking lot campsite, small spaces, and lots of wind.

Not really "camping"…

Just north of Morro Bay

More of a parking lot than a campsite. I guess this great if you have an RV or trialer. But yeah, right next to sand and water and there is plenty to explore in the surrounding areas.

Parking Lot, but Beachside!

This State Park has it much to offer u the way of ambiance, but it is beachside! Dogs are not allowed on the beach in this area. The park is clean and well maintained but all concrete.

On the beach

I have been coming to this campground since it opened, first as a child, then as a young mother with my children, and now bringing my grandkids. You can’t get any closer to the ocean, and if you are lucky enough to camp in one of the sites on the west side, you have an unobstructed view of the waves. Restrooms are large and sufficient, no showers. Fairly small campground so not a lot of traffic, nice for the kids to be able to ride their bikes or scooters.