Standard (Tent/RV)
No Showers
RVs and Trailers
Morro Strand Sb is located in California
10 Reviews of Morro Strand Sb
Nice spot particularly if you get a beachfront site

Great spot right near Morro bay on a nice beach. A bit of a parking lot but if you get a good beach front spot you won’t care as you sit and look at the ocean. Back row you will be looking at other campers.

Beach is nice and we found tons of sand dollars here which was fun. Residential neighborhood is pretty quiet ocean is louder than road it seems. A brewery pretty close but need to drive really with the highway. Town is very close and nice options for food etc.

We often stay here while in transit but would be nice for a few nights.

No dump but morro bay state park is near by and you can use that.

Proximity to water

Proximity to water is definitely the highlight of this coastal grounds. Sites themselves are a bit small and very visible to neighbors, but we made a couple work for four families and were cozy. A stones throw away from the water, this campground is easy to visit at any point in the year weather-wise. Just don’t forget to make reservations!

Small sites

We had a bigger family tent and it just barley fit. It was nice that it was close to the water. Bathrooms were okay. This trip was planned for quading at pismo beach and we just needed to came some were close.

Super small sites

[ PROS ]

• The campground is super close to the beach! You can just walk over the tiny dunes and the waves are right there.
  • Nothing like falling asleep to the sound of crashing waves. So soothing and will knock you right out!
  • The beach itself is very calm and not very crowded/busy.
  • Driving distance to stores, restaurants, markets, and The Embarcadero (for a day trip)
  • Stunning view of Morro Rock

[ CONS]

• This campground is basically like one giant parking lot which mostly caters to RVS and trailers.

• Not ideal for tent camping. There is very little space to pitch a tent, don't even think about 2 tents.

• Sites are very, very close together with very little privacy. I could hear my neighbor's whole conversations even with the sound of the surf.

• It was super windy here at night. We were camping in our tent trailer and our entire tent was rattling for hours. The tent next to us packed up in the middle of the night and left.

• No shade at this campground so it's pretty awful when it's sunny. I wouldn't suggest bringing a canopy because it gets super windy here.

Overall, this campground was very disappointing. Especially for the price! The only redeeming quality is the beach. It was super hard to get a reservation and is normally completely booked.

Decent Campground

Like others mentioned, it’s a place to park and plug in, right next to the beach. No showers. Bathrooms are stocked with tp, no soap, no dryers/towels. Nice views of Morro Bay rock and mountains to the north. Lovely sunsets.

It’s a parking lot

I would be giving this campground one star but it is right on the beach and you can walk from campground to beach and to the infamous rock formation. Morro Bay is beautiful and you can watch a myriad amount of sea creatures from the shore including sea otters. So being so close to the main attraction of Morro Bay is nice but the campground itself is nothing more than a parking lot with bathrooms. The sites are so close together that I felt like I was camping with strangers. My fire ring was about ten feet from my neighbor’s fire ring. I was lucky to find a spot on the edge of the campground property to put my tent overlooking the beach. At night I could hear every word of every conversation being had in sites next to me. The sites are that close.

Right on the beach parking lot

You'll want an RV or trailer for this campsite. Pro: right on the beach, great location close to the rock and downtown. Con: parking lot campsite, small spaces, and lots of wind.

Not really "camping"…

Just north of Morro Bay

More of a parking lot than a campsite. I guess this great if you have an RV or trialer. But yeah, right next to sand and water and there is plenty to explore in the surrounding areas.

Parking Lot, but Beachside!

This State Park has it much to offer u the way of ambiance, but it is beachside! Dogs are not allowed on the beach in this area. The park is clean and well maintained but all concrete.

On the beach

I have been coming to this campground since it opened, first as a child, then as a young mother with my children, and now bringing my grandkids. You can’t get any closer to the ocean, and if you are lucky enough to camp in one of the sites on the west side, you have an unobstructed view of the waves. Restrooms are large and sufficient, no showers. Fairly small campground so not a lot of traffic, nice for the kids to be able to ride their bikes or scooters.