The best BOAT IN camping near
East Orosi , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent East Orosi Camping Reviews
Good camping site

Had a fun time with the family, had accesible restroom and showers, had picnic table so we could put our things, shade, place where we could set our tent with our truck next to us, and we were able to go swimming. 👍👍👍

Want to go back.

Only had a one night stay here prior to completing Rae Lakes Loop in King’s Canyon and got a first come first served spot. Parking at this site was crap and space for rent was limited but we were just happy to have scored a spot to rest before our backpack. Bear boxes available for each site. The lake was amazing and loads of families and kids frolicking around. Would love to go back and experience a few days at this lake and a more spacious and carefully chosen campsite.

Solo or family friendly campground by Shaver Lake

As a solo traveler, seeking a camping spot in the mountains near Shaver Lake, Dorabelle Campground was recommended to me by a long time local. I made a reservation after looking over maps to ensure walking distance to lake for swimming and fishing. A fairly close rest room was important too. I reserved a corner space with a nearby toilet and water spigot. I was please to find the walk to the lake was less than 5 minutes. What really impressed me was 1. Very friendly check in kiosk (who gave me fresh grapes) . 2. Very clean, including the restrooms . 3. My campsite was large , clean, with sunny and shade spots and separated from other sites by trees . The cove is wonderful for swimming and mostly kayaks/SUP with plenty of beach space, water temp was perfect . Happy campers all, one lady let me use her kayak. The cost to camp is very reasonable at 35$ for a big tent site compared to the larger more commercial campground up the road. Yes, smaller with narrow one way roads, but quiet at night, easy access from Shaver Lake businesses and food and nicely kept sites. I’ve been camping for 50 years and I haven’t come home and raved about a campground in a long time ! A four star rating for lack of showers/place to wash dishes.

Great Family Campground

Very clean and well maintained campground. Staff is super friendly and accommodating. Quiet times are reasonable for family ambiance. Would recommend arriving to the lake early before it fills up to the public.

Great Lake access & stunning views

We stayed in site 25 in the Mono Loop and the views were wonderful! Staying over Labor Day during record heat and local fires were not ideal but our site was private. Bathrooms were so-so with regard to cleanliness but most sites had its own access to water which was awesome! Sites next to the restroom on the mono loop were close together not very privateer that is something to note when picking a site. More trash at this campground than others I have been to as well. Lake levels were low in Sept but I hear they were high & lake access was even better in the spring & early summer!

Nice area

Site was clean and close to restroom staff very helpful

Quiet and clean

I’ve stayed at Dorabelle twice and enjoyed it both times! The sites are clean and well maintained. The access to the lake is a little walk but not too far and the cove is perfect for relaxing with kids. Highly recommend!

OHV

4x4 with a lift is highly recommended if you plan on driving into the campsite, but its not so bad that you couldn’t hike if you wanted to. Popular with Off Highway Vehicle users, Voyager Rock camping area is located on the east shore of Courtright Reservoir off of the Dusy-Ershim trail. Lots of space and great views from just about anywhere, and a fun drive for those with the vehicle to do so

Nice, clean, simple

Well maintained campground on Shaver Lake. Tight roads throughout the site, wouldn’t recommend a large trailer

Excellent High Sierra hide-a-way

Marmot rock is a well maintained campground managed by PG&E at Courtright lake. (Make reservations on the website 4-6 months in advance for non-winter months) All campsites have access to and an amazing view of the lake and are great for groups or Boy Scout troops. Running water is drinkable but highly advised that you filter it. Toilets are clean. 4x4 vehicle recommended. 3-3.5 hour drive from Fresno, Ca

Photo hiking Eagle Beak Peak directly above Marmot Rock