Dos Palos Y , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Dos Palos Y Camping Reviews
Very cold on the winter...

Big campground because the coronavirus the facility has closed. I just use campground and showers is free hot water showers. Seems like fun on the summer I went on the winter and the place is very cold. One time visit. Staff is very cool.

Great hiking trail

I was here mid Nov 20 for 3 days. Laguna mountain road trail is very strenuous The last leg of the trail(primitive trail) is not easy to follow. Someone has marked the trail with stacked rocks. To the summit is about 4.5 miles from the campground. The falls hike is a gradual incline both ways. There are only about 3 drive in spots and a walk-in spot above the trailhead gate. Restroom is there, I didn't use because of the pandemic. All spots occupied and several in and out hikers and hunters. You can get Verizon signal at the 1 mile mark of Laguna mountain road trail, Its climb though

Too crowded for my liking But I would stay here again.

Beautiful place!

Really enjoyed this campground. Crazy how the day before it was sunny bright and the next day it started snowing. Best time of my life. There are lots of hiking trails with wonderful scenic views. The trail will take you all around and back probably like a 10 mile hike very well worth it. Great for hunting wild pig, deer, turkey, doves during their season. Lots of wildlife here. There is also a creek at the bottom of the mountain along the trail. This is a great place to explore we came across lots of wildlife tracks and also a beautiful oak tree which a woodpecker was hiding its next meal 😂

Large campground, needs some TLC

We stayed here for a few nights and it wasn’t a bad park, but not well kept either. It is a very large park and the space between spots wasn’t bad. Cell service here wasn’t good either. The pool was too cold to enjoy unfortunately.

Makes you feel like you are away from RL

We just visited this campground with some friends. It is located in Central CA about 50 miles inland from the coast. The campgroud was nice. We found a lot of shady sites to choose from. There is a lot of wildlife here to see. Deer wandered through camp at all times of the day. You can see wild boar passing along the hillsides. We also saw a couple of foxes one evening on the perimeter. The have RV (mostly) and tent sites avaialable. Most tent sites have their own water and some also have electric hookups. There are a large selection of 50 and 30 amp sites for the rv crowd.

Big rural campground

This campground is 300 acres, so they say. We went here for the first time end of July when it can be hot toddy. It was only low 90s. They have 2 pools, one adult with hot tub and one family, quite far apart. All on all we liked it and will return in the winter when I am sure it will be beautifully green hills surrounding.

Decent campground within driving distance of Pinnacles

This location is a fairly convenient distance to Pinnacles National Park if you prefer not to stay at the national park campground. A little more expensive since we are not Thousand Trail members but has a laundromat, small store, pool, showers – though some were out of order. It looked the place needed a tune up, not bad, just a little run down and things needed to be fixed. I would stay here again. Compared to the campground at Pinnacles where we were going, we feel this is the better option. Pinnacles is mostly day hikes so this campground is perfect.

The staff were friendly and helpful. We had quiet, wildlife (saw a bobcat and heard owls at night), and a pretty flat and roomy tent site. Our site was shady enough, though not all sites appeared so lucky. It seemed like there were lots of activities for the kids. We were only there one night and did not check out anything else the campground has to offer so can't comment.

It is a big campground, and I can't recall the site number we had. It was a little confusing as to what we could take or not. There seemed to be quite a few long term campers in the Rv area.