The best BOAT IN camping near
College City , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent College City Camping Reviews
Crappy app

This site was closed and the app said nothing about its availability. We drove all the way out to just turn around. Thank you for the lack info this app sucks

Great, peaceful

Great Lake and RV Park. We stayed in spot 110 with a lakefront view

Awesome lake and a ton of deer

We had such a fun time at this campground. Our site was in Section A on a dry creek bed. Dry in August at least. Each day a family of deer came thru our site and were so tame they ate fruit right out of the kids' hands. So cool! It was over 100 degrees the wknd we were there so we spent practically the whole wknd in the lake. It was the perfect temperature to sit in for hours. No motorized water craft kept it quiet. I really wish I'd brought my canoe. We went during COVID so the pool and some other amenities were closed.

Love Collins lake!

We have been here 5 times already this year. We love the lake, hookups for the motorhome and ice cream! Wonderful place!

Great camping near lake with safe swim area

We have been to this camping spot a few times. It is big with a nice store. Music on the weekends on the deck. Some sites on waterside are nice. Nice beach. Can get crowded but we liked it. No issues. RV or Tent sites. Roads are steep in spots but no problems getting into site. You can boat and fish here but we didn't do either. Might be nice in the winter when nobody is around?

Easy spot for a quick trip

I have stayed here many times when we just need to camp and don’t have time to get away. It is super close in town, easy walk to the water from the campground, lots of paved trails for biking and walks. It is also a major draw for people who are just camping to be loud and drink heavily. To each their own for sure, but don’t count on it being the quietest place you’ll ever stay. Bathrooms and showers, potable water. Gets HOT so come prepared.

Fathers day weekend. Horrible!

This Campground is barren The temperature in June is over 105 degrees. Very little shade. The reservoir was more like a mud puddle then a lake as it was drained early to support Rice Farmers in the central valley.

The only saving grace was a creek we found several miles toward Stonyford. Look for first bridge and you will see turn out.

Big lake

Nice lake, great fishing.

Glad to get out in 2020

We were just happy to get out and camping. It’s definitely a place I’ll put on my list to camp at again, especially when they figure out their electrical issues. From what I could tell when driving around the majority of the sites were level; we had 4 spots and all were easy to back in.

Some Pros - the market was well stocked; majority of the staff were very helpful; campsites on the outer rings had shrubbery for site separation and inner rings are great for groups; showers were close and they had hot water; kids loved fishing from the shore; quiet at night; deer had no problem hanging out with us as we had our meals.

Some Cons - I’m not really a fan of “first come first serve”, it makes it hard when group camping; there wasn’t a single day when some campsite didn’t have electrical issues, in fact they turned a lot of their RV sites into Tent Sites because of electrical issues; no wood fires, propane is okay; at no fault to the site/staff, and all due to Covid precautions, there was no playground, boat rentals, etcetera.

Nice lake

Nice lake, snack bar, beach life guards on duty. Great hiking and biking trails.