Camping in Antelope Acres

121 Reviews of 23 Antelope Acres, California Campgrounds

Julie C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Amazing Experience

One of the first places I’ve visited during the pandemic. I loved taking my dog and going on some of the dog friendly hikes. Very clean campground and has amazing views for the sunset (hence the name).

Kiley S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Such a Pleasant Surprise

I stayed at Kenney Grove Park on my way from Vegas to Santa Barbara, and again on my way back. I believe it was $23 for a dry camping spot, plus another $2/night for having my dog along. It was a lovely, quiet park that I was surprised to find tucked away in Fillmore. On the Saturday night that I…

• Rosebushes on the way in
  • Site #44
  • Rosebushes on the way in
Lara O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Handicap accessible?

This is one of the best handicap accessible shower and restroom areas we’ve seen. The larger pool had a roll in area but I do not know if they had a wheelchair that would allow you to actually use it or if you needed your own.. The downfall is they do not assign slots so if you need a handicap…

• handicap restroom, shower and site
  • handicap parking
  • women’s shower
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Table mountain

Quiet and clean with a lot of shaded spots. The campground management is very helpful and nice. I’d camp there again and again!

SiteI don’t remember the number but all sites were great
Brayan R.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Ehhh

Noting special. Small place for friends . No one around no restrooms

Jamie L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Decent

Very basic, pretty clean, decent flush toilets, $20 per night, lots of bugs in July.

Crystal The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Small but peaceful

Ok, so first off driving into this place feels a little "Texas Chainsaw" but don't worry, its fine. When I saw regional park I was expecting something way bigger however this is about the size of a small city park that turned its parking lot into a campground. None the less, we had a very pleasant…

Site#56
Mike J.

Fishing is great

Took mY large family for a week. The kids did not miss there video games at all. Fishing was fantastic, hiking was breath taking. Loved every minute. Two lakes lower lake had 24 hour fishing.

Sitefirst tent
Mike J.

Fishing is great

Sitefirst tent
K

Epic Sunrises & Mountain Views

Our moto-escape from L.A. to McGill Campground in Frazier Park/ Pine Mountain was absolutely perfect. Coming from the south, we took the back way through Ojai, up the 150 and 33 over to Lockwood Valley Road and then Cuddy Valley Road. The fresh air and cooler temps were a welcome exchange to our…

• Gorgeous sunrise over our site, Loop 3, #56
  • Flat, shaded surface for tent right in front of the mountainside (Loop 3, #56)
  • Second choice to #56 would be this - Loop 3, Spot #55
SiteLoop 3, Spot #56
s
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2021

Heaton Flats (trailhead to Bridge to Nowhere)

I've camped overnight here multiple times. You need an adventure pass to park at the parking lot which is a 10-15 walk to the campground. There is no designated camp spots. Just a large camp area (which can get filled up on busy weekends). The camp near the trail head to bridge to nowhere, so you…

SiteHeaton Campground
Month of VisitApril
Kristina B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Cows and eagles and a lake!

Hot in June and windy. Still a great getaway. Wish the swim beach was larger. The dock is fun to go out on. The store is small but has a few things. The lake is beautiful. Cows come through the picnic are. There’s a bald eagle nest nearby.

Melissa M.
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Close to home

This site provides a pretty nice location close to home. The train however is also close and very loud!

Sitecannot remember
Gabbo G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2021

Lovely hidden GEM! Well worth checking out!!

My wife and I were driving back from Utah and decided to drive as far back home as we could and didn't have anything booked for our return trip. I hit 7.5 hours of hauling our 5th wheel and it was getting dark! We used our Garmin 890 to check for local sites available the day after New Year and…

Month of VisitFebruary
Jennifer L.
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2021

Awesome place to camp

I love camping here people are friendly has large pools (adult pool, family pool, spa and splash pool). Most people live in this campground. Management is really nice staff is friendly. Will stay here again. Super clean campground and each site has grass.

Sitea5