Flatfork , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Flatfork Camping Reviews
Wish we had stayed longer

We stopped in one night on our way back to Pennsylvania. We had a lovely stay and the hosts were so hospitable. We purchased firewood and they walked it to our campsite. Our site was plenty large and the concrete pad was perfectly level. It was our last night of the season so we spent a lot of time in the morning cleaning out our gray and black tanks. We are pretty COVID cautious given some health conditions and this campground was very comfortable. I’d love to go back and see more of the areas.

Nice!

Super friendly camp host. He met us and drove us to the camp park because it was so dark. Spacious sites, and he is making amazing improvements to the park. Beautiful river setting.

Small but clean

Clean “little” camp ground. It would be a nice little place to spend the night if you were in the area doing other things. Not a place to spend a long weekend unless you have other plans around the area. Small site and on top of each other. Don’t know if we will be back or not!

Great, small, clean campground

This was my first stop with my new 5th wheel on my way down to Tennessee. We just stayed for one night. We actually had to change our reservation to the following night. They were great with changing it. No questions asked. The owners were very nice. They walked us to our site and helped us back into our spot. Everything worked well with all of the hookups. It was a quiet and clean campground. Very close to the highway and also close to Walmart and Lowe’s for supplies. I would definitely stop again when passing through.

Mountwood Park Family Campground

The campground was pretty much empty. There are a few permanents there but we had it all to ourselves. Covid still has every other site coned off. It was clean though. Went for a hike on the park side around the lake. Several trails. Alot of ATV and dirtbikes came in on the weekend.

1st Time at Summersville

First time at Summersville to camp. Great atmosphere and good amenities. Camp sites spread out enough to where campers are not directly on top of each other. However, their guest policy is a little annoying, have to register them in before 8 pm and not able to pay for your guests in the morning if the guests arrive late (my guests were going to come and probably not stay the night, but there was a chance that they could stay).

Clean and quiet

This campground was perfect. It’s up on a hill and the sites are spaced out pretty well. It’s behind a hotel. Our site had room for our 26’ hybrid with 3 beds, plus two cars, chairs, and our two dog tie outs. I loved that it was near the main highway but up on a hill so you didn’t hear the traffic. The pool is part of the hotel property and the campground is allowed to use it anytime it’s open. There is a grocery store and a Walmart within a mile. There is also a small dog park on site. Sutton lake was about ten minutes away. I definitely recommend this campground.

Awesome Tent Sites

Stayed for one night here but loved it. Had tent site 2 and there was plenty of room for multiple people and multiple tents. Charge is very reasonable and there is a military discount. The campgrounds is very well maintained and out together. Management is very kind and resourceful. We loved our stay.

Fantastic

The location is perfect. It is perfect distance from town and climbing areas. Perfect campground for climbers and rafters! This is by far my favorite campground for the New River Gorge area.

Great folks just not our preferred type of campground

Amy and I spent the Labor Day Weekend in Fayetteville, WV. The New River Gorge area is amazing. We camped at Rifrafters Campground. It is family owned and operated. The owners were great and made a point to stop by our site and see how we were doing. The campground is clean, well maintained and conveniently located. It is only about 7 minutes from the New River Bridge welcome center.

There were several long term campers, sites were very small and close together. Fire ring and picnic table ended up under our awning. Water, electric and cable service and a few sites had sewer. Campground WiFi was weak at our site (#27).

While this was a positive stay, we prefer State Parks versus RV campgrounds.