The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Hayesville , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Hayesville Camping Reviews
Amazing Time

Beautiful and Fun! Celebrating family in the woods instead of town! Had a wonderful family RV vacation. Our 1st ever, in a 38’ Class A. We were nervous about parking and getting set up- but they helped us get a spot that was easy to pull into. Great site managers and well appointed! Will return

Perfect base camp for North Georgia roads

TWO has a great location at the convergence of many great roads. Dedicated to motorcyclists, TWO has tent sites, trees to hammock and small cabins for rent. The property is well planned and maintained. On site is a main barn house for gathering with a restaurant, a flowing creek and picnic area. Very popular on weekends with riders stopping for a burger or to talk to others.

Serene and Quiet Campground

To have found this place is one of the reasons I love this app so much. This campground is a GEM tucked away from the tourism hustle and bustle. Close enough to be convenient but more than half away for some peace and quiet and a beautifully dark sky full of stars.

The camp store is packed with everything you could need.

The staff is very friendly and made me feel welcome.

The creek/river that runs through is amazing with most campsites sitting along one of the two creeks.

I stayed two nights in a tent site and one night in their primitive cabin. I loved every minute of being there and would have stayed longer if it wasn’t booked up.

The one thing that was not my favorite is that a road runs through the campground so as a solo camper I prefer being a closed campground. But everyone was so nice there and after getting settled I did feel safe.

I will 100% return to this magical place that takes me back in time to how camping used to be.

Beautiful Dispersed Camping

Beautiful, large, private sites. You couldn’t see our site from the road, huge site, lots of woods surrounding for kids to play and explore, right beside a gorgeous large creek.

Amazing place and great owners!!!

We found this place while looking for a place outside the Great Smoky Mountains and it has been amazing!! Sheila, the owner of the property, has been amazing and she’s worth the stay here, but when you add the views and the proximity to the National park, you can’t beat this place. There’s a few sites that have electricity, but no water. I’ve heard those are coming soon though. Our site is right on this little river and we can fish and boat all up and down it. We’ve been here for 6 nights, and would come back in a heartbeat!! Its also right down the street from the tuckaleechee caverns, and those are awesome

No showers but

Pretty clean bathrooms. Easy to find sites. PLENTY of rangers. Heads up: if you have a cooler or water jug it needs to be in your car while you’re sleeping or away from the CG. Nothing food or prep related can be left unattended. I have a large Pelican bear resistant cooler that lives on my hitch rack. It’s locked to my car frame, ratcheted down to both sides of the rack and locked shut. Upon telling the ranger it did not fit in my car, he inspected it, said “mm it seems rugged enough” and let us be. Would stay again for sure.

Nice campground, bad arrival experience

The campground itself is nice. Great location off of newfound gap road, with tent sites along a rushing creek. Large sites, although not very private. Flush toilets and running water, but no showers. The office staff was friendly. A few trails start from the campground with plenty more a quick drive away.

My arrival left a bad taste in my mouth. Long story short, my reserved site had equipment set up when I arrived after hours (8pm) and a call to the ranger gave me three options: move that person’s tent, take someone else’s reserved spot (campground was full) or leave and go to another campground. I was told there was no ranger or camp host to assist. I grabbed a reserved spot and luckily no one showed up. The next morning, I asked the office if I could just keep my new spot, rather than set up everything again and was told that I could not. However, the office told me that the person on my spot should not be there, but they did nothing to move him. I had to wait until he left on his own so I could move my stuff, wasting a lot of the morning.

This was my fifth trip to the Smokies this year, and it is obvious that the most visited national park is also the most understaffed. Very little ranger presence and consequently plenty of disregard for the rules, especially after 5pm.

Pretty Campground

Nice campground on a beautiful lake. No cell service of any kind. Sites are decently spread out. Very remote.

Mountain Serenity

Unique campground with basic amenities. Close access to trails and there are multiple waterfalls on the property. The campsites are on the close side but the environment is top notch.

Beautiful place

Love this place. Beautiful location. The sites closest to the highway are full hookup, gravel lots and there is a paved drive. Sites that are in the bend of the river are water/power only and the bath house down there is not as nice as the one up front. The only reason I don’t give them 5 stars is almost every lot is tight and they are not level.