Hayesville , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Hayesville Camping Reviews
Relaxing stay near Lake Lanier

So far we've enjoyed our stay at Don Carter. Bathroom facility is sparkling clean. Campsite is very nice, we docked the boat and were able to walk to the dock. Afternoon ride on the water was very relaxing.

Fall Getaway

My wife and I went for our 5th anniversary. The campground is great and within a mile or 2 of a lot of trail heads in the Smokies. It was beautiful in October, but if you go in peak season I would recommend staying in the national park due to the insane amounts of traffic getting into Gatlinburg.

AT campsites at the Gnarly Oak

Camped here 1 night while hiking the AT. Multiple flat areas for tents and/or trees for hammocks alongside the trail as it crests the ridge just north of the GA/NC border. Running water out of a pipe (it's a spring I guess?) just south of the ridge, but you'll need to boil or filter before drinking. I was here in the middle of November and so it was cold and windy at night.

Nice little camp site

Very nice little camp site, not crowded, spaced out, and plenty of shade. We car camped and couldn’t have been happier.

Nice little hideaway

You could pretty much drive by this place without giving it a second thought. I am glad I didn't. We got there late after 1pm. I was afraid that we were out of luck. But we found a nice spot right on the water. It was raining and the temps were threatening to drop but we wanted one last camping trip before winter. I am glad we chose this spot. A little rocky for the tents but we made it work. I did notice some much better spots for tents. Some sites were big, one of them maybe even big enough for a small gathering, but some were really small. It would absolutely NOT ba a good location for a class A motorhome but maybe some of the smaller class C's could get settled in there I saw a small camper trailer sitting comfortable. I would not like to try to get a larger camper or 5th wheel in there, way too tight to turn around. All of the sites had solid packed ground so it would not be hard to level whatever rig you use. Drive right up to the camp site better yet use a truck bed camper or tent. We brought a porta-potty and tent for it and were glad we did. Bathrooms are on the property but are just glorified outhouses the smell was not the most pleasant part of the trip by far. To sum it up we WILL be back but I will be getting there earlier in the day.

Closed early

This looked like a great campsite! The website said it closed October 31st. Unfortunately, it was closed early this year for some reason.

Not sure who designed the campground...but you can bet they never camped a day in their life.

RV sites are right on top of each other and you’ll need a chain saw and some rope to get down to the water and back up again. New facilities but very poorly laid out. Make sure your blinds work well in your camper…your neighbors will let you know if they don’t.

Gibson Cove Campground

Gibson Cove Campground was an unexpected find. Beautiful campground located on Lake Chatuge in North Carolina. Gibson Cove campground is a county park with paved roads and gravel campsites. The bathhouse is older but exceptionally clean and well maintained.

The amenities include water, electric, picnic table, fire ring, WiFi, boat ramp, paved walking trails.

Leave it to Georgia

While I do enjoy the woods and easy walk of raven cliff falls. Prepare for the humidity. Upon arriving and carrying things to camp I left a bundle of wood outside my car for me to return and get but within minutes it was stolen. I’ve spent months out west camping and traveling with great experience. Welcome to Georgia!

Very quiet and beautiful

Quiet campsite run by NPS. Beautiful in the fall. Great fire pit and gravel elevated platform for tents and activities