the dyrt
Private
Hitchin' Post RV Park is located in Nevada
2 Reviews of Hitchin' Post RV Park
Pull Thru And Unwind

I don't drive an RV but I have moved around a larger rig before so I know that sometimes being able to get into a site is half the battle. With this park they keep that in mind and have all pull thru sites to make the journey into camp easier and your unwinding begin a bit more quickly.

I checked this site out when in Vegas and compared it to many other RV sites. While living there I often had friends who would ask about where they could come to town when vacationing in RVs but then be able to get out and do things. My best suggestion to them was find a park then take an Uber or Lyft to the strip or Fremont for the action. Keeping your home on wheels at a peaceful location allows you to rest better at night so finding a place like this is key to a great trip to Vegas within staying in a hotel or casino.

The staff here is very friendly. Since I was only going to check out the facility they offered to take me around and show me the location and told me plenty about the park and amenities. There is a special interest put on security of campers and the property is gated. They offer high speed internet and cable at each of the sites and they focus on your experience by having both a pool and fitness facility.

But they also are friendly to your pets. I think that was one of the most interesting things to me, the lady mentioned that a lot of people travel with their furry family so they wanted to accommodate them not just with their own dog run facility but also with a wash station so if it happens to be muddy they can be washed with warm water. That was pretty cool to me. All in all I really liked this place and ended up recommending it several times.

TIPS:

• If you are going to be at this location you can get both nightly and weekly rates. There are many snowbirds which choose this location as their home away from home. Prices are nightly starting at $35.

• If you are an avid golfer they have not only a putting green for you to practice but also a driving range at this location.

Hot, but great pool!

The campground was a pull through site making parking easier. The RV park was very well maintained and had the cleanest bathroom / shower I have ever experienced. There were a few small trees around the RV, yet due to the size were not helpful with shading out camper (give 'em a few years.) There pool was immaculately cared for and a fantastic way to cool down. There was a restaurant on site with outstanding stake and fish . My only suggestion to better the dining experience would be that the bar attached to the dining room allowed smoking. The dining room was separated by a glass wall and sliding door, but the smell of smoke was evident. Overall a great site that had some exciting moments when the jets from Nellis Airforce Base would fly over.