Bullhead City, ARIZONA

Camping Arizona Bullhead City

Most Recent Bullhead City Camping Reviews
Hotter than hades

We stayed overnight in July and the temperature when we arrived was 113 degrees! As such, we were confined to our trailer. The price was very reasonable, $30.00 per night. Our site backed up to a large grassy area, but the heat had killed most of the grass. The sites are well spaced. The beach area on the Colorado River looked very inviting, but the ambient temperature prevented us from taking advantage of it. I can see this would be a great place in the winter, but not so great in the summer.

Cerbat rec area dispersed

Great place we found near Kingman. No amenities, primitive. Pack in pack out. Lots of space for all campers. Tent, trailer, motorhomes. Amazing trails to hike. Rock formations are incredible. We found a spot with our 22' trailer, no problem. Dispersed camping should be easily noticable from Cerbat hiking trails parking.

Nice marina, RV park needs attention

First off, any weekend out camping with my wife is better than not camping, no matter where! With that said, we won't be camping at Cottonwood Cove again.

The good… The staff was friendly, the store well stocked, and the hookups worked flawlessly.

The bad… Our very tight site (#67) greeted us with an bag of trash on the concrete pad and an empty Coors like box in the metal BBQ grill. I mentioned tight quarters; the pull-thru site has you pull in opposite another camper and places each site within 4" of each other. Luckily my neighbor was friendly and considerate…we even worked out a plan for departing around the same time so we could prevent our insurance companies from meeting too. The campground roads are gravel and not maintained… Drive slow here, the ruts will keep your eyes on your rear view mirror!

Another good… The marina is where the money has been spent. It's well appointed with a ton of slips a s services.

Pricey!

Not a bad RV park. Cost a little more than it should. Pretty small areas. Clean and well taken care of. In a hurry to check out we forgot to get our laundry out of the laundry room, called back a couple hours later after we realized it, mysteriously it was not there!🤬

Local review

This park is a hidden gem, a little rustic. Campsites built by CCC, old stone cabins, walls, and trails. There's RV parking away from park, a few campsites for small trailers, and beautiful tent sites.

Hostile Employee Allowed to Mistreat Guests

I sent a letter to the owners of CCRR to alert them of the gross misconduct of their front desk employee, Winnie. I didn't hear back. This is a high-alert-day-and-age when the rest of us have to be wary of disgruntled employees who cross the line by behaving verbally abusive and harassing. Unprovoked threats like:“In the future don’t you dare show up and expect me to make room for you…"(even though we had a text message from another employee confirming availability), and if we didn't like it,“Pack it up and hit the road- go on- hit the road!” are unforgivable. Based on past 1-star reviews, this mistreatment of guests has been ongoing and escalating. So dear owners… on behalf of all your paying customers, your employee's aggressive and inappropriate behavior should not ever be OUR problem. And, until you have made your RV park a safe, enjoyable and friendly place to stay we'll be skipping the high dose of hostility and spending our money with your competition. Haven’t you heard? Zero-tolerance for bullies!

Wonderful family weekend

Went up for a few days to disconnect from the reality of home and to spend some time together as a family. Tent camping - took us a minute to find a spot but we found an amazing space just a short walk to the bathrooms. There’s porta potty’s closer but my little girls wanted to use the nicer bathrooms. There’s tons of hiking, beautiful scenery, VERY friendly wildlife. Elk and deer are everywhere and aren’t afraid of people. The weather was wonderful.

Nice little cove

Nice because again the views are amazing and it has actual sand but it was too crowded. I wish people respected our land. Dumpsters were available but it was obvious that the people there that day were too lazy to walk a few ft ahead to throw their trash away in a dumpster that wasn’t full. Trash was overflowing and because it was windy that day it was flying into the bushes and around the parking lot. There should be a capacity cut off. Other than that it was a nice experience.

Chillin’ by the river

Davis camp has gotten very populated over the years and gets really crowded, really quickly. If you want a nice spot, better get there early. Bathrooms were all either out of order or very dirty. Also, it is much more enjoyable with water toys (jet skis, boats, inflatables, etc) since there is not much more to do beside hang out by the river or take a ride out on it. The bugs get pretty insane as the sun goes down.

Wee Thumb Joshua Tree Wilderness Area

Beautiful area with a ton of Joshua Tree's big enough to create shade cover. As primitive camping is (quiet) I would give this area 4 out 5 only because there was people discharging firearms and driving ATVs although only for a couple of hours of my two day trip. If you like stargazing this is a good area I could see all the major planet's, to and including Pluto 😏 also the Milky Way. If you look North you can see the glow of Vegas lights but it does not interfere with the view at all. If you like to "rock hound" there is a plethora of material to go through in this area, granite, quarts, pyrite and tons of beautiful stones/rocks. Although it is late April aka spring, there was a ton of different types of flowers cactus and bushes. If you have a motorhome there are a couple of spots right in off the highway (turning north) on the right hand side that you can use although there are no amenities like Power, Water Etc. You can access most areas with the two wheel drive truck, which is what I have but I would not recommend bringing a car unless you parked in the beginning before going over the cattle grate, after that your on your own as the roads are a little uneven and rough for a car. Wildlife includes Jack Rabbit, kangaroo rats, mice, quail and lizards. But most of all watch out for those Jackalope! 😏