Marceline , MISSOURI

Most Recent Marceline Camping Reviews
Nice place to stay the night

We got to Arrow Rock just as the sun was setting. A beautiful sunset and a clean campground. Campground hosts were very nice. Bathrooms are large and clean and the showers were very good. We didn’t get to spend much time here as we were just stopping through on our drive heading West, but I definitely recommend!

Quiet and serene

Fantastic place and beautiful sunsets. The campground Hosts were fantastic!

Beautiful Stargazing views

Photos don’t capture the true essence!

Out in the woods

Nice, but small state park, has around 40 rv sites. Large newer shower house to service all 40 sites. All sites are shaded. They have around 10 sites with full hook ups. Park is sitting on 1900 acres with plenty of hiking trails and a 18 acre lake. Nice place for a quiet getaway, downside if any is no TV reception, cell phone service is 4g

Ok spot

While I loved our camping spot, this park was just OK for me. The grounds and restrooms are nice, and it’s much smaller than most parks. The “lake” was very small and the hiking was just OK.

We stayed in electric site #19. It’s nice because it’s a pull through site with no neighbors on either side.

Great camping area

Fell into this place on accident and loved it. There is a historic town you can tour for free that is within walking distance from the campsites. Large bath/shower houses and the camp hosts were very helpful. There is a small fishing lake in the camp ground. We lived it so much, we went and bought a couple of bicycles to putter around the area. Clean and quiet. No cell phone service really.

Wonderful spot off of I-70

No bath house until April 1 and no cell coverage (T-Mobile) but wonderful walking, hiking and biking areas, quaint MO town nearby. Fishing for those so inclined and beautiful RV spaces. One of the nicest vault toilets that we’ve seen. We returned and will again!

Beautiful spot , amazing camp host

Only in for a night but so enjoyed the quiet, beautiful walk, nice beach at the shore of gorgeous lake and along with firewood, ice, and a variety of camping options, there is a very nice bathhouse. The only concern is that the asphalt pads need repair/replacing- steep, broken edges in spots.

Peaceful beauty

We arrived on the Thursday before school started. Our sight had its own path to the lake. We set up site and just relaxed the rest of the night. So peaceful. For the most part, the whole weekend was relaxing, our site was big and flat. Restrooms and showers at the shower house were very clean.

I would have loved to see it site before the floods. I'm sure there was a nice little Beach area at the end of our path.

Ranger Review Grubstick at Slate and Wild Roses Campground

Campground Review: I used the Reservation System on TheDyrt.com to secure a night here during the holiday weekend when may other campgrounds were booked solid. I had no problems using the system and was pleased to know I had a spot on one of the busiest weekends in May. The campground hosts, Brian and Kristina were awesome. I emailed them to give an arrival time and ended up having a phone conversation to get specific directions and info. They couldn't have been more helpful or nice. They were on site when I arrived and spent time showing me the property and possible campsites. Due to recent rains and expected heavy rains, I picked a site along the tree line on top of an open hilltop. They brought me a huge fire pit as well as dry wood and pointed out where I could find even more wood if I needed it. As the evening wore on I heard barred owls and coyotes, as well as the nearby cows. The fireflies came out at dark and gave me an impressive show. Because this is true dispersed camping currently, you can set up camp anywhere on the property. Just know that rain will affect your ability to navigate the farm road which is gravel to a point and then a dirt two track that disappears and reappears in between the wild roses and grasses. If you are familiar with "gumbo" dirt, you will understand that it will be tricky to bring anything but four wheel drive if it might rain. We had some crazy hard rain overnight and Brian and Kristina thoughtfully checked in via phone in the morning. There is lots to explore on the property and nearby: there are 80 wild acres of treed and logged land to bushwhack and explore that eventually will have some trails to hike, including a pretty creek to dip your toes in. Nearby are state parks, conservation areas, and national forests. Brian and Kristina are working on developing relationships with nearby outfitters for floating, canoeing, and kayaking on local rivers as well.

Product Review: From time to time I get to test out new products as a Dyrt Ranger. This trip I got to test out Grub Stick's Deluxe Kit https://grubstick.com. After this trip I can confidently say I have a new cooking tool to keep in my camp kitchen. The telescoping handle works great with all of the attachments, easily screwing in and staying secure while cooking (even while turning to cook various items over the fire). I used the Grub Forks to cook Italian sausages and the Grub Cage to cook veggies for dinner as well as the forks for cooking bacon for breakfast. I liked how the bacon grease dripped off the forks right into the fire, reducing cleanup. I also used the GrubTube to bake crescent rolls over the fire for breakfast. I was concerned the bread wouldn't cook all the way through, but everything cooked completely and without me needing to char the outside to get results. The Grub Stick tools cleaned up easily with the help of the Release Tool, and having the silicone trivet was handy when the telescoping stick was still hot from the fire. The Deluxe kit comes in a sturdy carrying bag that easily fits in my camp kitchen tote.