Gulf Islands National Seashore, MISSISSIPPI
Most Recent Gulf Islands National Seashore Camping Reviews
Waterfront!

Wonderful campsite. The sites are tightly packed in there but it is still private. My wife and three children had a wonderful time and can’t wait to go back.

Very nice

Enjoyed my time. Pool, fishing. Older RV park but doing some renovations .. staff was very friendly .

Family friendly and beginner friendly

We spent the weekend at the Lodge (incredible, by the way, and commendable for being so sustainable!) and was so impressed by the entire park. Lots of trails, lakes, and ocean front beaches. In a red state where environmentalist practices can be hard to come by, the park does an excellent job of keeping nature in tact. The lodge is great, but there are water front cabins and cottages, back country platform tents, car-accessible tent spots and RV spots. Definitely bring bikes and kayaks…and bug spray. Pro tip: you don’t have to be a guest of the Lodge to use their pool, beachfront or restaurants!

Small with much to offer

Great park! Staff is very friendly,pleasant and helpful. We as a family felt very safe there. Park is gated at night, only access with code. Clean restrooms and showers. Conveniently close to grocery stores. If you want to stay in Florida at affordable prices and have access to the best beaches in the US. This is the place to stay.

Close to the beach.

Nice campgrounds. Quite setting close to everything.

Awesome Place to Camp!

GSP has become a yearly destination for our family! The park is really nice and plenty to do for all. Pad sites are blacktop, full hookup. Miles and miles of trails to walk or ride, wildlife galore, fresh water lakes within the park to fish, close to great surf fishing and not to mention nice beaches to waste away on! If you can’t find something to your liking at GSP, you aren’t trying very hard!

A wooded retreat at the beach.

All modern conveniences. Must book way, way in advance, especially holidays and spring break.

City campground.

Any campground that runs a leaf blower at 8 am gets an automatic one star. How ignorant. Do we have to blow the leaves off the road in the campground? The host says "it must be clean." Maybe they should do something about the ants. This place is infested with them. I won't be back.

Friendly Staff

Stayed here in 2017 , Was nice , sites are not leveled at all. Just the ground no gravel on the sites are smoothed A little drive into gulf shores , not bad though, Laundry room was decent. We didn’t use the bath house . Would have them a 3 if their sites was in better shape.

Surprised

We stayed here with Friends . It was was our first trip with our camper. When we got there , We had second thoughts on staying here .. It’s not very appealing, but I’m glad we stayed . It wasn’t that bad at all . We was close to where we wanted to be . They did have a doggy fenced in area. Bath houses was nice. And free washing laundry room !! Camp sites are gravel , it looked like someone just threw it up over night. Most of the campers was fishermen.. but we had a good time here.

Spacious sites and easy access to nearby attractions!

I'm a team member at The Dyrt kicking off the review section with some info and additional photos from the campground's website.

Alabama Coast Campground has both tent and RV sites available.

They are located only minutes to area attractions - OWA Amusement Park, Tanger Outlet, the Wharf Amphitheater, and some of the most beautiful beaches in the world!

Couldn’t have been better!

We stayed here on our very first trip in our new motorhome and we could not have picked a better place! The people were very nice, invited us to a pot luck meal they were having at their clubhouse that night. There was a nice convenience store, nice enough bath houses and lots of fishing locations! You can hear the drag strip some but not enough to be a hinderance (or enough to really get your blood flowing either, if that’s more your style.)

Great sites!

The sites at this park are wonderful! Very relaxing and comfortable place. Very scenic and with water nearby. Great bath houses as well that have fun reading boards full of information.

Great Park!

One of my favorites in the are by far! There are kayak rentals at the office, very good prices for the amount of time you have it. The campground has great trails and bath houses. Some sites can get a bit soggy in different seasons but overall a great place!

Lovely

Never had a problem here and always very relaxing! The sites are spacious and unique. Close to water and there is parking for company. Personnel are always very nice and the camp shop is very convenient!

Awesome campground!

Really nice place to go locally!!

Love it

This is a fantastic find for us. So close to Perdido key beach but very nice quiet and fairly private feeling sites. Our site #7 had a large clean concrete pad and fun sandy area in back with place to stretch a clothesline or hammock. Bathrooms were clean. Price was very reasonable at $21 per night.

Hostile Owners

From our first encounter until we left we were met with a hostile or maybe we just don’t care what you need attitude. Wendy. Since we were at their mercy because we had no other campground to go stay. The park hosts were friendly and helpful. The campground itself was nice. It was mostly well kept. If you are not staying long and if the park hosts are on duty I would recommend it.

Busy with Nosey Neighbors

This is a well kept RV park. It is very organized and clean. It is convenient to I-10 and many restaurants and shopping. I thought the people were being friendly and waving but they were holding up their hand for 5. As in 5mph. One time I was going 6, another time 3 and the last time exactly 5. We had issues with our neighbors letting their dogs out at night and they didn’t clean up their poop. The park host told me they had issues with them frequently but they are still allowed to stay there. They have activities planned and the mail system is very organized.

Peaceful surroundings

This RV Resort is quiet and peaceful. The bathroom/shower house is locked at night. There is a river with beautiful clear water. There is a place to grill out and to hang out. There is a deck that overlooks the river. The camp hosts are friendly and super helpful. I loved it there. It is convenient to I-10 and to the Foley Beach Express. I’m looking forward to staying there again. It was always quiet and peaceful at night and most of the time during the day as well.

quiet

a nice little campground on Hurricane Lake. the restrooms are clean. the tent sites have running water and the rv/tent sites have water and electric. very quiet expect for the frogs. a good place to fish where they built a dock out in the water so if you don't have a boat you can still fish away from shore.

Excellent as always

This was my third trip to Pickens and it was amazing as always.

*The camping store is closed until they can find someone to run it. Wood and ice can be bought at the Tom Thumb just outside the park or at Walmart/Publix in Gulf Breeze.

*Battery Cooper Rd was closed so those two batteries are inaccessible.

*Loops B/D no longer have electric or dedicated water (there is a water spigot every few sites). Tent sites D24, D25, B6 have the best shade and space.

*We stayed at A15 (right next to walking trail entrance) and my best friend on A14. Other good shaded sites on this loop are A4 (grass not level enough for tents), A6, A12, A19, A21, A24, A26, A35 (next to dumpsters though), A36 (okay but not great).

*You can no longer hang anything from trees or power poles (hammocks, clotheslines etc). You also cannot having a shower looking tent (we have one for a changing tent only—no toilet or shower—and they made us take it down). Max two tents or camper and one tent per site (awnings/pop up shelter over picnic table don’t count towards the two).

*I didn’t peek into the restrooms in loops B-E. A-loop restrooms were a little dated but clean and functional. The laundry/dish washing station was stellar.

*There are dump stations (one in loop A and one for B-E) but no sewer hook ups per site.

*The price for getting into Gulf Island National Seashore is now $20 and it’s a 7 day pass.

*The campground now gives out two slips at check-in. One is for your car and one is to keep with you after 8pm so you don’t get kicked out of the area after dark.

Everyone was very nice and helpful.

Excellent as always

This was my third trip to Pickens and it was amazing as always.

*Battery Cooper Rd was closed so those two batteries are inaccessible.

Everyone was very nice and helpful.

Nice state park

Spacious spots. Full hook ups. Nice pool and bathhouses. Bring a bike. Watch out for fire ants.

Nice beach campground

We had a fantastic stay at this campground. The camper spots are close but we had an awesome experience checking in and getting in our spot with a little help from friendly workers. We enjoyed the pool and the pier. The only reason I cant give it 5 stars is the laundry room and the shower rooms could have been better. 3 out of 6 dryers were broke so it made laundry a bit challenging to do.

A hidden gem

Bear Lake Campground is a little piece of paradise! Nestled within the Blackwater River State Forest, you are surrounded by beautiful nature. The lake is so gorgeous, I kept saying to my husband that I felt like I was in a jigsaw puzzle picture.

I visited in late January, and was unfortunately hit with a rogue cold snap much colder than usual Florida temperatures. We did unfortunately cut the camping short, but really enjoyed the little bit of time we had there. The campground is pretty small, and the RVs are on one side and the tent sites are on another, which I really like as a tent-er. Given the season, we were the only ones on the tent side, so we were right up on the lake and I can't remember ever staying in a more beautiful site anywhere. Sites have a picnic table and a fire pit with a grate. Bare ground here, no rocky tent pads. We were at the furthest site from the (very clean) bath/shower house, but it wasn't far at all.

You are about a half hour to the nearest town, so get your essentials beforehand. There is a small country shop closer, but options are limited.

Great fishing and canoeing available. Highly recommended!

AMAZING place!

From the second you enter the park, you feel like you are at a five star resort instead of a state park. The facilities are amazing. There is a pool, hiking trails, bike trails, beach, planned activities and more. It's beautiful and it's a huge complex. Our site was a pull through right on a swampy area. Within a few minutes we saw an alligator which sort of freaked us out but was totally cool at the same time. I suggest staying a week. You won't have time to see everything if you don't!

Tight

Nice little park, really tight for larger RVs, great location nice folks, great bay view.

Pensacola Beach RV

Great RV Park if you enjoy the beach. Not easy to get to, but certainly worth the effort. Looking forward the our next opportunity to visit.

Nice RV Park

Nice RV Park pretty. The office staff was helpful on the phone before we arrived. Also friendly upon arrival. They a man to assist getting in the parking spot.