Gulf Islands National Seashore, MISSISSIPPI

Camping Mississippi Gulf Islands National Seashore
Most Recent Gulf Islands National Seashore Camping Reviews
A frequent favorite

We live close enough to camp here often. It’s beautiful. Lots of trails to hike. Bring your kayak and bikes.

The most beautiful park in ALL of Florida

Nice camping, wonderful Seashore, and awesome historic site.

Fall stay

Great on the beach camp ground. Full service, good security, location and very friendly and helpful staff. I highly recommend.

Weekend getaway

This place is great for a weekend getaway, it has new bathrooms with showers on location.

It has nice and easy hiking trails, one of the trails connects to Krul Lake which has a nice lake that you can swim in during the summer.

There is also a 6 mi loop for MTB, very easy route, good for the family and MTB beginners.

For tent camping it is great as well, you may camp near the lake away from the campground but you are from a walking distance of the bathrooms and hiking trails, there are two primitive sites on the north east side of the lake you can hike to it from the campground and it’s about a mile hike. You can drive to it but you have find the dirt road to it.

For RV/Camper, it was good, the pull through sites are better if you have a longer camper, the back in spots are a bit challenging to maneuver around especially if it is a busy weekend at the campground. They do have one dumping station on site.

You can fish on the lake too!

Overall the site is great for the family and friends.

A beautiful place to visit

We are new to pulling an RV and this was one of our first to visit. This place is awesome. Good trails, excellent scenery an observation tower ….. The staff was very helpful and courteous. We even had a free concert at the out door theater. Only down side is no sewer connection which is not an issue for a short visit. We will visit again!

An Inviting Escape . . . Minutes To The Beach

Magnolia Farms RV Park is a clean, friendly place to stay!  It's super convenient being that it's minutes to Gulf beaches and a short 40 minute drive to Pensacola.  There are just so many fun and exciting things to do around the area.  There's an awesome clubhouse, fire pit, and grilling area to boot!

Really nice place

Stayed here for one night. We were driving from California to Tampa Florida so we just used it as a stopping place but the lots are big and it was easy to get in and out of. We were a little over 70ft long and it was a breeze.

Beautiful little campground

It is a beautiful place. The campground is very quiet, the bathrooms very clean. Two reasons for loss of a star is 1: difficulty maneuvering. Most of the sites are good size but there is no easy way to get in some of them especially when it is packed as it was this holiday weekend. It was made more difficult when they added the wooden posts with site numbers in less than ideal places. 2: lack of direction to the sites. We arrived after dark and followed the numbers around only to find ourselves stuck in the tent section pulling an RV. Our site was back almost at the entrance. Neither of these things will stop us from returning. We enjoyed the trails and kayaking on the lake. Very peaceful.

Wonderful experience!

This was our first campground experience and we thoroughly enjoyed it! The lake is full of bream and each of my kids caught their first fish, definitely a memorable trip. We loved how peaceful it was, it was very clean and the staff were extremely friendly. Kids swam in the pool and played in the playground. We will be back!

Camping

Very friendly. Quiet. Very dark at night. Would like to have had some more light.

Beautiful views

It was 5 miles of dirt/sand to get here, but sites are nice for primitive. Toilets were clean. Bring water. Watch for deer/ bear. Listen to the bay lapping at the bank all night.

Beautiful views

Beautiful Campground

This campground was beautiful! Lots of natural elements and wildlife. Plan ahead, they book up very fast especially for the summer months. We stayed in loop A. It was very sandy and had a lot of trees yet we weren't really shaded ever. Plenty of space but not all spots are easy to maneuver in to. Bring bug spray and sun screen. The beach is about a quarter of a mile walk each way but beautiful especially in the evening for sunset. If you like history the Fort Pickens site is worth it. Also, you can see the Blue Angels fly for free from the bay side of Fort Pickens but of it's something you really want to see I would suggest making the trip to the museum on the main land. Bring singles as there is a toll bridge.

Loved it

This is by far the best campground we've visited

Just Beautiful !

Very clean, well cared for, big lots, small campground, very quiet.

Great, wonderful family oriented campground, repeat campers, Pet friendly

Wonderful, small family oriented campground with super helpful staff.  All most all the campers were repeat campers who made reservations for next year at same time. (I also made reservations for next year as well). We reserved a spot for a week and ended up staying 3 weeks.  Campground is situated on the bay with swimming, fishing, kayaking, sunnung, hiking, and socializing. Wonderful campground!

WOW!!!!!

We were excited to be able to grab a couple nights stay here and we were not disappointed. By far probably my family's favorite camp site ever and we've been to a lot. Pretty much right on the beach (white sand)! Not far from the forts and they are really awesome to go explore! Very private and away from any city lights and noise. Look ahead to book your spot, not a lot of sites with shade and it is nice to have. You will not be disappointed if you stay here!

Safe, amazing amenities, and well manicured

Right on the water. Great facilities: a pier, dog parks, lounge chairs in the sand, outdoor eating areas, friendly staff, easy check in, and lots of pull through slots! Seems great for families, and as a solo female traveler I felt very safe. The pool is very nice, clean with lots of chairs and is open until 10pm. Navarre Beach is right across the bay.

You will not be disappointed!

We spent 3 nights at this resort in July while visiting our son and his family. This class A only resort is clean and beautiful. We had a lake view pad with full hook ups and seating area for $56.00 a night. You can upgrade and get a gazebo and/or fire pit as well. Beautiful zero entry infinity edge pool and gorgeous clubhouse with daily activities. 15-20 minutes from Gulf Shores AL and the beach! We will definitely be back!

Great Family Campground

This place is very cool.  I love the raised boardwalk style bike paths all over the place.  Our kids rode their bikes all over the place here.  You can also take a path to the beach or the pier.  Just a nice place.  We camped in a tent here…   but we were literally the only tent here that week.  Everyone was in an RV.  We have since purchased a pop up camper so we will return and fit in better lol…

Nice and clean

Great trails to walk, super nice showers and bathrooms. Wildlife is everywhere. Close to the naval base. Very nice staff. The board walk out to the observation tower is great for a stroll

So close to the beach

Amazingly beautiful campground. Not much to do other than walk across the road to the Gulf of Mexico!!!!! Clean bathrooms

The Best There Is

Without a doubt this is our favorite stop. White sand beaches and blue waves just a (not super short) walk from our spot! (We were in 45). Clean and nice bathrooms, friendly people and private spots (large hedges separate you from neighbors). We will be back!

Awesome Quiet

Bear Lake was quiet, very well kept, bathrooms were very clean they offered a whole room to yourself (sink, toilet, shower all-in one room) . They informed you of gators in lake, they had fishing available for campers and a 2mile hike or 1mile car ride to krul lake for swimming. They offered pull through sites for big rigs which i loved it made things easier. Hosts were very kind. It had a pavilion for events. It was 22.00$ a night w/electric/water. We stayed for nights cost 130.00, they add about 20$ more for all sorts of taxes. We will go back, very nice place. Pets are allowed. My dogs loved it!

Awesome quiet!

Bear Lake was very relaxing, quiet, it offered fishing in the lake, swimming in krul lake a 2mile hike or one mile by car to swim in. it was also informative on alligators being present around the lake. The bathrooms were very clean and offered a whole room to yourself-(like sink, toilet, shower all in one room and spacious). The hosts were friendly and courteous. Will go back, rates are 22$ a night but they add on all kinds of taxes, it ended up being 20.00 more for whole stay. Four nights was 130.00 dollars. I also like the fact of pull through sites which makes it easier for our 32ft trailer.

Great stay

We stayed on the main road of the park and were concerned about a possible noise issue. We were pleased that after hours it was very quiet. Our spot was nice and flat but unfortunately no shade during the hot afternoon hours. We walked the trail system extensively and loved it. Also from our camper door to the beach was only 1.25 miles…..win from my standpoint. Used the laundry facility and was very impressed on the cost and cleanliness. Another win!!

Beautiful campground

This was one of the best places in the south I’ve camped. Sites were level, the park was beautiful, miles of biking/walking trails, a pool, close to the beach and pier. Full Hookups. Clean restrooms. Laundry. You could spend weeks here and not run out things to do.

You can camp there

Owner is really nice but are hardly ever there. Sites are small and crammed together. 2 bath houses one is always locked the other is moldy and hot due to no forced air ventilation. Could be really nice with a little effort.

Hidden Gem

I was late getting to Pensacola, and all the campgrounds were full. I found this place though the app and it was a wonderful surprise. The views are beautiful and the campground is clean and quiet.

Ranger Review: Morsel Spork XL at Gulf State Park

Campground Review:

Let me start by saying this is a very large park with a variety of campground options so I will do my best to first review the overall park then discuss each of the sites individually. The park sits alongside the gulf coast and has multiple access points to the beach. It also has an extensive paved trail network that is perfect for all kinds of activities including running, walking, and biking. While visiting the park we biked and explored the butterfly garden which I highly recommend. We also had the chance to visit the pier and the education center and everything is so well organized and taken care of. Overall, there is so much to explore you will definitely need multiple days worth of adventure. There are two major campground areas in the park and I will start by discussing the yurt option.

There are several yurts that are set up and organized for camping during certain parts of the year that each have 4 cots and a fire pit. There is also a large pump sink and a wild west looking shower in this area. If this option is available I would highly suggest checking it out. It is perfect for groups and provides a nice private area to spend your night away from the more crowded RV sites. This area is also centrally located and remote from the remainder of the park so you will have an incredible view of the night sky. The site is kept very clean and mostly covered in sand so it was wonderful to walk around barefoot. Finally, although you will have to bike or hike to get to these sites there is already firewood available for purchase so you won’t have to carry that in with you.

The tent/RV area is very large and has a variety of amenities that will make your stay very enjoyable. Overall, it is on the slightly more expensive side for a campground but provides easy access to the beach and is significantly less than many of the nearby hotels. One thing I really liked was that they have created a separate area for tent-only sites from the combined tent/RV spaces. This gives you a slightly more rustic experience if that is what you look for. On top of all the usual features, they have a pool and picnic areas that campground guests can use and don’t forget to stop by the wildlife education center. You can also join in for one of the rangers led educational walks to see wildlife around the park

………………………..

**Product Review:** As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get to test products. At this campground, I tried out the Morsel Spork XL. After eating several meals using this innovative spork some of my favorite features are:

1. Length: I got the long-handled spork to be able to use it both for regular campground meals on plates or bowls and also with backpacking meal bags and eating out of cookware which each has its own needs in terms of reachability. However, until I opened the package I didn’t imagine just how long the XL spork was and this was very exciting to see. I haven’t had a camping tool that provides nearly as much reach as the Morsel Spork. Besides the obvious use of reaching to the bottom of a dehydrated backpacking meal bag, the long spork is also incredibly helpful for not burning yourself while cooking in deep pots or stirring large meals without worrying about getting your hands dirty.
  2. Multi-edged spoon: The spork spoon end is designed to have both a rounded edge and a sharp-angled edge both with a flexible rubber edging. This makes it even more multifunctional by allowing it to clean any remaining food out of all types of pots and bowls. I found this was helpful to enjoy every last bit of our delicious camping food and made clean up so much easier. Its such a simple design idea but makes such a huge difference in practice.
  3. Durability: I loved how lightweight the plastic material was but also didn’t ever worry about it snapping or breaking during use or in my backpack. They used a strong but slightly flexible plastic that won’t easily snap in half but also can withstand heavy use in tough foods. We were able to use the spork to cut through hard cheeses and also mix rice dishes. The curved shape of the long handle gives it extra strength and they even designed it to be washed in the dishwasher when you get home. Overall, this is the best spork I have ever used and has even become part of my daily lunchbox. When you use it to eat while camping you can quickly tell the amount of thought that went into engineering each aspect and finding the way to make it not only effective but also last you many years of adventure.