Gulf Islands National Seashore, MISSISSIPPI

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Gulf Islands National Seashore Camping Reviews
Absolutely wonderful!

The best state park my wife and I have ever visited! All the amenities you need, clean and beautiful, sites have plenty of room. Plenty of trails, beach access, pier access for great fishing, large and clean swimming pool, nature center. Polite and friendly staff. Spent a week here, wanted to stay longer, will definitely go back.

No crowds

We tent camped at Ft Pickens for the first time. For $26 a night, you can't beat beach access, good tent sites, walking to historical areas and endless activities. The armadillos and ospreys were an exciting addition to our camping area, and the restroom facilities were decent.

The only downside is lack of supplies,ice,food nearby and it's a drive to get to any convenience store or restaurant. But when you watch the sun go down, and it's just your family, a few ghost crabs and the historic lighthouse behind you- all that is forgotten.

Boardwalk Traild

Edged up against the heavily commercialized coast is the Big Lagoon State Park. Located only a few minutes away from some popular attractions, this park provides contrast to the retail area. There are a lot of outdoor activities to do here. We especially enjoyed the boardwalk trails. If you are not from the area and want to see a different landscape, the boardwalk trails provide you with that option. The cost to enter the state park for the purpose of day-use is $4.00 per vehicle/1 person, or $6.00 per vehicle/2-8 people.

Very nice

Stayed here for two weeks. Conveniently located to many great restaurants. Nice beaches. Quite relaxing place to stay. Would definitely stay here again.

Quiet spot

Very, clean, quiet campsite. Bathroom facilities are well maintained and park is nice. Peaceful place to get away.

Words can't say

Can never get a site here always full we have tried for 4 years now

Wonderous

We have been going here for the last 4 years we love the people, they're very nice and good people, there lots are a good size, they're very reasonable with their price we're not going anywhere else when we're in Florida it right in between our son and my brother, they allow pets they have a washer dryer building it's just very quiet there there's no other place I'd go I give them a five plus star.

Sarge Slept By The Seashore

What's not to like about this campground? Nothing that I could find. Ample space to maneuver my camper in to my site, level ground, plenty of space between sites so you're not hearing your neighbors but close enough to make friends. The waves from the Gulf can be heard as well as the "bugle" calls from NAS Pensacola across the sound. The site (E20) has both 30/50 amp electric and water hookups. Bathhouse was clean with adjoining single, private showers close by each site. Nearby trails either lead you to the Gulf beach or along the sound side where the Pensacola lighthouse can be seen. Both tent and campers are allowed. No Wi-Fi and my phone signal (Verizon) was intermittent with 2-3 bars.

Dark water white sand!

We stayed is site number 28. The sites are rather small and are equipped with table, fire ring, separate grill, clothesline, and some have hammock posts. Sites are gravel. All are full hook up with water, electric, and sewer. Bathrooms were great well stocked and very clean, hot water. Trash gets picked up daily from your site. There are many many trails to walk in this area. The campground has a great boardwalk trail that goes down to a Beach area and the river. There is also a parking area and boardwalk and Beach for day-use visitors. The river is excellent here it is dark clear water with white sandy banks. This park was immaculate everyone was so friendly you can tell they took pride in this park. There was a lot of rain when we went so river levels went way up. We launched kayaks from campground beach but there is also a boat ramp not far. This park is relatively small compared to others. There is not much in area. 30-45 minutes to Pensacola. Dollar general and Piggly wiggly grocery not far from park. Outfitter close to rent kayaks and shuttle on river.

Loved it. RTT friendly

We love this spot. We stayed in spot 117 with my rooftop tent, Setup perfectly. Power, water, and cable if needed. Bathrooms and showers are very nice. Beach is a very short walk away and gorgeous white sand with clear water. Friendly staff. Will stay again.