Alberta , LOUISIANA

Most Recent Alberta Camping Reviews
Deserted, Buggy, But Nice!!

I thought I’d stay here because it said it was free on the app: IT IS NOT FREE. It’s cheap though! $12/night and you can book on the recreation.gov app.

If you want to tent camp or sleep in your car, only book sites 1-5. The others don’t seem to have flat spots for much of anything. Perhaps hammocking would work!

Upon arrival when I noticed the not-flat site I had booked, I easily switched my site via my booking to site 1, which is the best for car sleeping and in my opinion the best site at the campground. It is set off from the others and has a large flat grassy area. If it is busy it may be less desirable as it is right on the parking lot, but I’d still take it. That being said, I didn’t see a single soul while I was there.

Flush toilets, running water, and a spigot to fill up are provided. There is a boat ramp right by site 1. It was quite buggy even in early April, but I managed to keep moving and make a fire so the smoke would help the bugs stay away.

It is easy to find, and there is ATT cell service, 1-2 bars.

I’d definitely stay here again and hope to have time to explore more!

Very nice campground

Spaces are large and well spaced for privacy. Beautiful lake views. The only negative is the rediculous fire pits. Obviously designed by someone who never experienced camping or a campfire. The pits are 2 feet tall, solid steel with NO air holes. Fires never burn and even if they did you wouldn't see the fire anyway. We bring our own pit. Bathrooms and showers are clean and we'll maintained. The host is friendly and helpful.

Love this place

Most of the campgrounds here are great. We passed by Coyote Camp and there were a few hunters. This campsite is more primitive, but does offer man-made fire rings and vault toilets. There was a small amount of litter present, but not as bad as other places we’ve been. The roads are very easy to traverse.

We hiked along a few trails that were open (many have been closed due to covid maybe) and it was really fun, mostly flat hikes. Night time will bring about the coyotes and all their lovely howls, so be prepared for some noises come dark. Overall, if you want a peaceful place to relax with serene surroundings, definitely come here.

Peace and Quiet

This is a very beautiful Federal campground. Sites are scattered. Lots of shade, large trees. We were in site 16, which has water access and views. Level concrete pads. Electric and water. Dump station only. Many beautiful hiking and bike trails. Kayaking, swimming , boating and fishing. Showers are restrooms were very old. Camp host was super nice and friendly. Picnic tables and large firepits on sites.

Bodcau WMA

Great campsite..kinda primitive but good for those that like the outdoor experience.

Fantastic facilities

I camped on two occasions while in north LA on business. Bath houses are new, clean and climate controlled. Plenty of sites to choose from when I stayed though all of the waterfront sites were taken. Family friendly, not rowdy. I’d take young kids without hesitation if mine weren’t grown.

Hunting

We camp here while hunting..love this camp site no worries or problems, all nice red blooded Americans loving Gods outdoor country

Nice State Park

Nice hilly trails, very nice lake views, TONS of deer, nice little beach area. Very similar to Lake Darbonne State Park just a little older and shabbier facilities, still very nice.

Sign is down

The sign designating Saddle Bayou Campground fell into the ditch in early 2019. As of August 2019 it is still down, so if you are trying to find this campground for the first time, please note that there is no sign visible. Otherwise it is a nice primitive campground, no running water but dump toilets are available. No designated camp sites, just find a good spot and pitch your tent.

Beautiful Area

Very nice campground, great area for kids. Campsite was right on the lake and had a gorgeous sunset. Bathrooms werent the greatest but still good. The only really bad thing was that there was poison ivy all around our campsight.