The best WALK IN camping near
Richland , INDIANA

Most Recent Richland Camping Reviews
Peaceful tent camping.

In Hoosier National Forest. Clean, quiet, uncrowded. Friendly manager.

Not for us

As soon as we exited the highway we were struggling to see though the immense cloud of smoke that was building bigger denser as we approached the park. We quickly learned that this was from all of the camp fires in the park, it was then we realized that this park was a small city.
The Pro’s - they have every amenity you can think of for everyone including the family dog. The park is located in a cute town with a deep Christmas theme. You will meet a lot of people most of which were great. Bathrooms and other related areas were very clean and well maintained. Daily trash pick up. AT&T cell signal was good.
The Con’s - There are people every where and it appeared that many of them did not know they were in a family camp while consumed beer after beer cussing at there friends and family while playing there inappropriate music very loud (I’m not saying I think they shouldn’t be able to do this its just seemed out of place in a town themed after Christmas, and in a park called Rudolph lake with a heavy focus on families. I think the park can do a better job of controlling this). The electrical at our site was not working properly and we had to run off of a 110 plug we found. The smoke at night was a little hard on the lungs. There is Wifi but it was virtually un-usable.

Cute lakes, paddlable but not swimmable. Nice camp hosts.

When we stayed here it was like 100 degrees.  Our camp host was so sweet and gave us a box fan to use (there is electrical) so that we could have some relief from the heat.

Our camp site was nice and private yet close to a bathroom.  The bathroom, even though vaulted, was kept very clean.

The lakes are pretty and we were able to explore with our paddle boards, but I wouldn't necessarily swim there.

We liked this pretty campsite.

We had cellular reception so we were able to work and stream music.  :)

There were these cute little lizards that roamed our campground.  Didn't expect to see those.  They are harmless, and probably eat the mosquitos, so we liked them.

Nice but nope

It took me 20 from route 64 to find this place. If you are solo female traveler don’t even waste your time. After 5 min of driving on the very skinny gravel road y saw what it look like spots but Iam not sure really. 10 min later I got to the coordinates and there was nothing, not seven an opening just more road. Y just keep driving till I got back to 64 and found a Cracker Barrel 17 miles away.

Solid State Park Campground

Everything was clean and exactly what you’d expect from an Indiana state park. This is a big campground so things are a bit cramped but we went on a rainy weekend so we had plenty of room. There is a pool in the park (closed to do COVID) and decent hiking trails.

Clean; Excellent Customer Service

My family and I are new to the RV World.  We are currently renting a Class A Motorhome (33ft; double slide) and traveling to the 48 contiguous states.  We began our trip in Columbus, OH (our home) and drove to Mammoth Cave in KY.  From KY, we drove to Santa Claus, IN for our first night stay in the RV.

I am so glad we hooked up water, sewer and electricity for the first time at this site.  All of the equipment was clean and well-kept.

We were greeted immediately upon arrival, given face masks and hand sanitizer, and kindly escorted to our site.  The concrete pad was in excellent condition and the lot seemed roomy (although we were practically the only campers in our section of the park).    If you are looking to be surrounded by nature, you may not appreciate overlooking the waterpark, but we didn't mind.

I would have gladly given the site 5 stars, but nothing was open and my husband had his heart set on a funnel cake - as advertised.

Tent camping: Quiet, dark, huge lots

It is so dark at night that you can see the stars! Biggest lots too, you can fit like 10 tents and still jave space to move!! Bathrooms were decent, plus they have disc golf, huge chess, and paintball!

Great sites and hosts, cannot swim in lake

Stayed 4 nights at Indian-Celina on the South loop with some friends (sites 25, 26, and 27) during August 2020. Overall, we had a great time. The sites are pretty spread out and private, the bathrooms are clean, and water spigots are everywhere. The hosts are friendly (there are two, one for the north loop and one for the south loop), and are who you buy wood/parking signs from.

Unfortunately, despite the udsa.gov website mentioning this was a swimmable lake, both the Indian and Celina lakes do not have a beach and cannot be swam in. Thankfully, there's a beach on Tipsaw lake that's about a 10 minute drive away that allows for free day-use if you have an Indian-Celina tag.

Electric hookups are solid and we were able to pull 24 amps consistently from the TT-30 outlets. Cell service on Verizon is very spotty and the general assumption is that it doesn't work. But still good enough to send out an occasional text.

I love this place!

Playgrounds everywhere. Nice big sites with full hookups in the newer section. Price is very nominal for the amenities in my opinion. We were able to go “creeking” do trail walking, bike riding. Just a super neat little place. They even have a little village set up houses to play in! There is even free firewood! Would definitely go back. Throughly enjoyed by all of us!

Friendly family place

Nice beach, trails and playground. Friendly camper. Pet friendly. Would've given 5 stars but our site was tight. Squeezed between 2 sites, out the front door fight to neighbors sewer hose.