The best BOAT IN camping near
Pierce , IDAHO

Most Recent Pierce Camping Reviews
Great for day use

I came here to hang out during a logging sports event and I really enjoyed the doc area where I sat with my feet in the water. We did not swim (except my dog), but we enjoyed the landscape and the lush green grass they were growing.

I do want to camp in this park but we were camping at another location with the logger sports team.

A very nice area

This spot is killer! A tad pricey but it’s really oriented towards RV camping so it’s not that surprising.

Three Rivers Resort in Idaho

So, I’m not sure why “resort” is in the title, this certainly not a resort in the traditional sense. But, this is a great place to stop if headed up the Lochsa River and has something for everyone.

The “resort” has riverfront cabins, double occupancy motel rooms, A frame cabins, RV spots with hookups and a large tent camping area for motorcyclists, bicyclists and hikers. The mix of campers makes thing interesting. Add to this that the river raft guides take out at this location and this is a busy and fun place to spend a night. It has been very busy every time I have stopped, often full of RV’s with families spending a long weekend.

There is a small market, restaurant and bar, and an outdoor pool and hot tub. The market is well stocked with most of what you might have forgot to pack. They sell firewood as well. The bar offers typical burgers and bar fare and was lively enough even in peak Covid. This is Idaho after all, Covid seems like an afterthought in most of central and North Idaho.

The resort is located along a sweeping bend of the Lochsa river, which the highway follows on the opposite side. With the proximity of the highway, the RV’s in the campground, the cabins, etc, this is not a tranquil wilderness campground. It is however a great spot to spend the night while passing through.

I was on a motorcycle and there were probably 8-10 other riders tent camping. Several fires were going and folks were friendly and outgoing. There was no cell service for AT&T, but the market and bar had WiFi that you could access by sitting outside the front door.

I’ve stayed here 3 times and it will always be on my list when passing through this part of Idaho.

Beautiful Camping!

This is a backpacking trail. The first half mile is difficult but then the trail levels out and is easy for many miles. There’s free dispersed camping sites starting after 4.5 miles down the trail. There was wood on site when we went in July 2020. It is possible to get to the water (if you have a hydration filter pack), but it’s not a beach like shore. I did swim, and the water gets very deep very quickly off the first two campsites. This was my favorite trip this year so far, as it was a good challenge with very rewarding views.

Excellent Campground especially for RVs

The turnoff for this campground is not far after you cross the beautiful Dent Bridge over the Dworshak Reservoir, headed North. And, your route would very likely be from south to north because the southerly route begins in Elk City, Idaho and is 85% gravel and at times pretty broken up.

After turning off the main road you take a winding road down toward the reservoir. The campground is situated on a gradual slope, so all sites have nice visibility toward the reservoir. All campsites are pull through, and have RV hookups. I was on a motorcycle so didn’t really need them but the potable water was nice to have to re-fill my hydration pack and clean up dinner dishes.

There are small shelters with tables at each site, and fire rings. I found the posted sign on each shelter—“Please Do Not Hang Wildlife of any Type From the Shelter”—kind of funny. They must get big game hunters in the Fall.

There were pay showers, which were great, and everything was very clean. There is a play area with jungle gym equipment for kids.

The boat dock and water’s edge is a short walk away, and there are also restrooms at the boat dock. The reservoir feeds the Clearwater river and it’s salmon runs, and like a lot of similar reservoirs it gets very low in summer because of drawdowns to support the downstream fish population. When I was there in late August the water was probably 100 feet below the normal boat dock, so it’s a bit of a walk down the exposed shore.

Despite being out of the way, this campground was completely full, And probably half of the campers had a motorized boat of some kind. Although full, I got lucky because someone didn’t show up for the first night of their reservation so the camp hosts let me stay for free. As I walked around the campground it looked like every site was booked for the entire coming week. I expect it is that way all summer.

For adventure motorcyclists exploring back roads this is a great stop over, and not far from the #BDR route.

Dent Acres Dworkshak Resevoir

June 14 - 27, 2019  Beautiful park. Senior lifetime pass rate $10 which includes water, sewer and electric. Park has dump station. Winding roads to get there but so worth it! I will let the pictures tell the story…  There are a lot of campsites that are uneven and can scrape if not careful.

BLM Campground

We enjoyed our stay here. Very clean, quiet and great managers onsite.

Early summer and full.

Stayed a full 10 days. Had full hookups and the quality of all the facilities are great, modern and functional.

Pretty steep grades in and out of the area, but just take it easy on downhill and use your gears.

Great boat launch and fishing in the lake.

Primitive

Open square area like big parking lot. Sports near water gravel with table and fire ring. Spots across lot have trees behind and some grass. Boat ramp nearby. Outhouse good condition. 10 sites total. Not a lot of privacy, but less people than other Dworshak sites. Good bass fishing. Bring worms.

Nice place

Great area. About 20 miles from US-12. Showers and other amenities available on site for a fee. Full bathrooms. Covered picnic tables which is nice and full hookup sites. No phone service. Dirt access road