The best DRIVE IN camping near
Denver , IDAHO

Most Recent Denver Camping Reviews
Great Night

We stopped here on our way back from Boise to Spokane after picking up our camper in mid-February. A few others pulled in for the night, but still plenty of space. The wind swirled at night, but the rain was nice. There are a couple of spots where you can stay for longer, but mostly good for an overnight.

Great for RVs and Day use

I visited but did not stay here because I could not hang my hammock at the sites.

Overall I found the area to be nice, especially the day use areas. I would plan a bbq here in the future and plan to return if they are still open when I’m done with my backpacking years. It looked very accommodating for people who don’t get around so well.

Great dispersed camping areas

My favorite price for a camp site is free. After buying all my camping gear (including winter gear) I have preferred to get out and rough it.

There’s a doc on a small pond that’s great for fishing or drinking a few in some camping chairs.

This place is open in the winter. I want to come back and have my try at ice fishing but I’m waiting to buy a nice pair of snow shoes to be able to get in during mid-winter.

Not surrounded by the city dwellers.

This is a bit from Orofino but it’s far enough away to where you really feel like your out there in nature.

We come to this area every summer around the time of logging sport competitions, and we opted to stay here after a few years of staying closer to town with a not so great camping experience.

They had fire circles, and restrooms as well as tables. There’s a nice little creek nearby which really makes this spot a cute and comfy area for a campground.

Great for day use

I came here to hang out during a logging sports event and I really enjoyed the doc area where I sat with my feet in the water. We did not swim (except my dog), but we enjoyed the landscape and the lush green grass they were growing.

I do want to camp in this park but we were camping at another location with the logger sports team.

A very nice area

This spot is killer! A tad pricey but it’s really oriented towards RV camping so it’s not that surprising.

Very scenic area with a spot by the river suitable to sunbathe or have lunch

When my partner and I came to this campground while exploring how far the roads went, we found a camp site that was just right to the road. The roads are not busy but it is a bumpy long drive to this area with 45 mins on gravel roads.

To the left of the campground entrance there is a small hill and then a flat small field where we lounged and are apples and cheese while sucking up the sun. The ranger here is in a motorcycle and stops by the formal campgrounds (like this one and Boyd campground) frequently. But he does leave the dispersed camping all around unattended.

We ran into him 3 times and chatted while we explored all what this area had to offer. They are well versed about both the campsites and the dispersed areas so if you come and it is full, like when I went, flag him down as he can likely point you to somewhere you can find a spot.

There was cover in the later campsites, but the campground is seasonal and when it does close you can’t access the remainder of the road from this point.

Great price for a group site!

I attended my buddies 30th birthday and it was a really nice place to hang out.

The terrain is complex and exciting to explore with canyons and great viewing points.

There were a lot of people out fishing so I imagine it’s good for a fishing getaway but we did not fish.

My favorite part of this campsite is that is can easily fit many tents without being so close that your friends snoring is overly bothersome (but still could be heard).

I’m not sure if you can hunt out in this area but I did spot a baby dear and got a zoomed in photo before it got spooked.

No camping here!

They used to allow camping but unfortunately it’s not allowed anymore. You can reserve areas for large BBQ’s and such though.

Sleep soundly to the fast flowing river!

I came here with a large group. The river was very fast flowing and would not make a good swimming area.

Listening to the river was amazing.