The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Sunnyside , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Sunnyside Camping Reviews
Great camping for newbies

Sweet Oaks winery campgrounds has 16 sites available for both tent camping and RV’s (no hook-ups). It’s pretty close to grocery stores and big box stores just in case you forgot some gear/supplies. They have a beautiful well-kept property with super-clean restrooms (no showers). They do have a water hose for you to fill up your tanks or Jerry cans. They didn’t allow campfires due to high fire danger though. You’ll have to bring your own fire pit setup if they ever allow them in the future. It was a beautiful walk around the vineyards but there are also hiking trails nearby. It’s off a road suitable for road bikes but there are also mountain bike trails nearby. They have equestrian activities also available for guests. We were able to get our tin top Eurovan to fit on one of their tent sites which offered a beautiful view of Temecula valley. The wine tasting room was closed due to the pandemic but you can order wine online and they will deliver to your site. One more thing, we counted about 8 hot air balloons as we had breakfast!

False Advertisement!

I am so disappointed and feel cheated with this campground. We drove 4.5 hours to find that this campsite is dead, totally different place than the one in the website and pictures. Everything was dried up, 5-6 campsites were out of order due to electrical problems, Wifi does not work, and pond is dry ! When we got there they said just park any open site, so basically they don’t reserve you a campsite online so its all a surprise until you get there. They were holding spots for people that just reserved that same day. We felt so frustrated and cheated. This campground is more for long term living RV’ers. or for overnight stays. Luz was very nice lady in charge but I would definitely not stay here again.

Lake Access

This spot is great if you want to be right by the water. The campsite is sometime filled with water so it is a seasonal thing. Be careful for snakes in this area.

Excellent

From Facebook review on Feb 26, 2020 by George K.“The best thing about Sequoia RV Park is the couple who manage it. Luz and Carlos are just a pleasure to be around- they are super helpful and always ready to chat or give advice or recommendations. Add to this the full range of services, easily accessible and level sites, an onsite laundry and showers, free WiFi and FREE firewood, then you have a good picture of what awaits you. We only spent one night, but they will definitely see us again. So, if you're looking for the closest RV/tent sites to King's Canyon and Sequoia National Park and a great deal on wonderful accommodation, look no further than Sequoia RV Park”

Exceeded my expecations

The beauty of this ranch completely exceeded my expectations. Only a short drive from Los Angeles, it makes for a really easy local getaway. And, boy did we feel like we got away! The Mountain air with all of those beautiful trees is so refreshing. Not to mention all of the vitamin D we soaked up from that gorgeous sunshine. I cannot express how rejuvenated and relaxed we felt after our stay.  So much so, I felt compelled to share our wonderful experience.

Extended RV Stay

One of the most beautiful and pristine properties I've ever seen. Holcomb Valley Ranch is a magical place. So much room to run around and enjoy the outdoors, safely. The RV spaces are well distanced. The staff are incredible. Very welcoming and professional. You'll definitely enjoy your extended stay and will likely want to settle into this beautiful setting for the entire season.

Best RV Getaway in Big Bear

Big Bear RV Ranch is an amazing place to stay in your RV. It feels so peaceful and zen, yet is full of outdoor experiences and very close drive to town. Huge 400+acre ranch surrounded by thousands of acres of National Forrest provides plenty of space to stretch your legs. Highly recommend.

A descent campground

A good campground from late fall to mid spring. In the summer this campground gets flooded from the rising lake waters of lake kaweah, which is fine because it is blazing hot in the summer.

Great location

This is a great Corp of Engineer Campground just minutes from Sequoia National Park. Sites are big and well spaced from each other. No hook up but fresh water and a dump station are available at the campground. Two well located bathrooms with good showers at no additional cost. During the summer months the Rangers put on a Campfire program at the campground every Saturday evening. When the lake is full you can walk right up to the waters edge and actually boat in for camping. The staff (Camphosts and Rangers) are friendly, knowledgeable about the local areas and go out of their way to assist campers. Highly recommend this campground especially if visiting Sequoia National Park.

Gorgeous scenery, outdated facilities

Pros: Nicely designed tent sites, plus flush toilets and (free!) showers. Absolutely gorgeous views of Kaweah Lake in the foothills of Sequoia NP. Convenient location also, as it is on the road into Sequoia; it takes about an hour to get from the campground to the park entrance. I think this campground is also a nice alternative to staying in Sequoia; it didn't seem bears were at all a concern here, while they are in the park. It was a nice alternative to tent camping alone in an area bears frequent.

Cons: Outdated facilities - the toilet/shower house was in rough shape and not really clean. There was also a steep hill to walk up to the bathhouse that had been partially washed out, so somewhat of a hazard. Additionally, one of my nights there I got no sleep whatsoever because there was a group of young guys partying all night. And it was the works - loud music, yelling, swearing, vulgar language, and because the campground is pretty open and in a valley, it echoed throughout the entire campground. Definitely one of the downsides of 'unstaffed' campgrounds that only have a host on site; these guys were breaking every apparent campground regulation and were allowed to do so. I would say one other weird thing about this campground is that they have signs that say they close the gates after 9 pm, and their exit has tire spike strips! One night I went into the nearest town for dinner, but I was stressed about getting back by 9 pm. It's probably the first campground I've ever encountered that, and it's really weird.

I'm torn on whether I'd stay here again.. maybe, if there weren't any other campgrounds in the area.