Equestrian
About KCL Campground

Camping is available on a first come-first serve basis, we do not take reservations. Twelve campsites (two are elevated ADA compliant), with picnic tables, fire pits, horse corrals and ADA compliant vault toilet. Electricy and drinking water is not available. There is no garbage service, please act responsibly and pack out any refuse you have. It has some of the few shade trees on the monument. Formerly owned by the Kern County Land Company, the KCL still has a few of the original barn structures as well as some of the corrals. Please refrain from entering the barn structures.

Bureau of Land Management
Hike In
Not Reservable
No Showers
No Trash
No WiFi
KCL Campground is located in California
Directions
Once on Carrizo Plain National Monument, continue on Soda Lake Road until you arrive at sign for KCL Campground. Turn onto KCL Campground Road and travel 1/2 mile to campground.
3 Reviews of KCL Campground
Nice and quiet

Great spot to relax. There are some nice hiking options, as well.

For Smaller Cars (5 Star Campsite)

December 24, 2019

This review will not be relevant for lifted or vehicles with high ground clearance and off roading capabilities.

A small portion of the paved road was covered in tumble weeds which gave me no choice but to drive off the main road. Eventually, the paved road ends and it’s nothing but dirt road for about 10 miles. Because of recent rains, it made the dirt roads a bit muddy and difficult for my small car. Lost traction in a few areas and it can be a bit bumpy but I’m sure if it was nice dry day, although moving slow and cautious, my small car would have no problem.

With the concerns I brought forward, other than that, I made it to the campsite and enjoyed the exclusivity of the beautiful wide open space of KCL campground all to myself.

Great place for family BBQ and Camping

I love how this campground is secluded, there are about 7 campgrounds available, 2 restrooms and stalls for horses. You can go out for a hike with great scenic views. I would truly recommend. This place has a lot of monumental history.