Princeton , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Princeton Camping Reviews
Full-Time RV Park in a Country setting

This is an a great small park for full-timers and construction workers. It sets on the Butte County Fairgrounds in a quite corner. Several RVer's have lived here for several years.

Come give us a try.

199 E Hazel St

Gridley, CA 95948

530-846-3626

Over nighter at the Olive Pit

Not much to say similar to rest stop. Spent evening in their parking lot that does say no parking unless your a customer. I went in and purchase couple jars of olives to take to Slab City with me as trading stock now I’m a customer (happy face). No one messed with me and it was decently quiet. Only two other rvs. Super small dog potty area too but it’s their yay.

Almond Tree Oasis

This was the 1st and last RV stop for us on our maiden voyage in our new 40 ft Allegro Bus. This place is very clean and quiet.  Perfect for pull-through. The spaces are perfect size and flat (even ground), which is imperative for the type of RV that we have.   Also, check in on line was super easy.  We will definitely stay here again! We stayed one day going in Dec and one day coming back in Jan. in the same spot.  Perfect!

Guy and his dog at a Pit Stop?

Spent the evening in the RV/Truck area after stocking up on some Olive stuffed garlic and artichokes. Mmmm. Was quiet besides the obvious freeway intersection area near by but NOT complaining. Easy boon-docking. Small pet area. Well lit if you park under a light. Safeway,Burger King, Taco Bell, Auto parts store lots more in little area around The Olive Pit. Basically park and walk to get shopping done. Boom. Hope this helps a little.

Nice Oaky Campsite

Was 0.75 miles away from water (we have been in a drought?) but beautiful spacious campsite. Even with annoying neighbors, you can have peace and quiet. Fun, almost hidden area that I didn’t know existed before this trip.

Great, peaceful

Great Lake and RV Park. We stayed in spot 110 with a lakefront view

DECEMBER 5TH CAMPING

Was cold, but we had the gear and a lil firepit to keep warm. Aweso.e spot on the creek

Camping and some hiking

I was here mid November. I car camped in an area just above the campground. A good bit of utv traffic A party traffic There is a short hike to the top of the mountain from the campground Decent Verizon signal

Made Myself at Home

I came to Colusa for work and only needed to stay for a couple of days, but I found the campground a comfortable spot to settle in for the week and catch up on some writing. I enjoyed biking the path along the river and fishing in the evenings. There are stray cats around town and the park. I lured one in with some treats.

Great for last minute reservation

I've been to this campground twice now, and had very different experiences.

The first time was memorial day in 2019, and we had a great spot right on the water.  We took our canoe and were able to launch from our site.  So ideal.  It was relatively quiet, and nobody immediately near us.  Amazing sunsets.

The second time we went was June 2020.  This time we stayed on the other side of the lake.  The water was super low, so our view was completely dried up.  Also, it was pretty noisy with sites cramming several tents onto their sites.

Either way, on both occasions we the site relatively last minute, maybe a week or two in advance.  Any Californian will know it isnt always easy to book last minute campsites, so I appreciate that!  There are 100+ campsites there, so it seems like always something available.  Plus, not too far from the bay area.