The best DRIVE IN camping near
Five Points , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Five Points Camping Reviews
Lots of rules...

I get the impression this is a family park. There are cabins & tent sites and a handful of RV spots. Good for a shower & dump. The list of park rule are too long to list. Nice bathrooms. Cell & WiFi are poor for AT&T users. I only stayed here because it was all that was open in the area in March and I needed a shower!

Foothills fun

Scott’s Flat is just five miles outside of Nevada City. It is run by the Nevada Irrigation District. One of the many man made lakes in the region. There are bath houses, tent sites and no hookup RV sites. It is clean but can become loud with rowdy camping neighbors. A beautiful lake to boat, fish and swim.

Rustic

Located in The Sierra Nevada Mountains of highway 20. The raid in can be a bit challenging at times. This campground is very remote with no cell service. The majority of the summer, campfires are not allowed. This is one of the first lakes the leads to many in this area. Good fishing, no restrooms, running water or electricity.

Hidden Gem

Snowflower sits just off I-80, it’s owned by Thousand Trails. With the popularity of RV camping, this campground can get busy in the summer months. It is closed in the winter due to snow. There is a small lake that is good for kayaking and paddle boarding. There are sites with partial hookups (electric and water). Lake Tahoe is just 30 minutes west.

Nice Campground Across the Hwy 395 from Honey Lake near Milford CA

I stopped here in late April 2020 heading back north from AZ. It was 113 degrees when I left AZ and I was so happy that my first night at this park with cooler breezes my trailer finally cooled down inside to under 80 degrees.  I planned to stay just overnight but I liked the park so much I stayed a second night. I'd definitely stop there again.

Owners were nice. This is a Passport America park and I have a membership so it only cost $25/night.  At first I was a bit disappointed the lake was across the highway but over all I enjoyed my stay. It was quiet. The campground was at least 3/4 full.

Pretty Good Small Lake Campground

Had a great time here - terrific proximity to lake & decent sized camping sites. Nearby Portola, & easy drive from the Reno area.

Lots of generators in use during the day (the only reason I can’t give it 5 stars, since we were tent camping) , but all seemed to abide by hours posted for operation.

Already have reservations for this summer!

Nice place

High enough altitude to stay cool in the summer evenings

Great and Re-done for 2021

Great campground but redone at the end of the 2020 season. They now have back in sites for RV's with different lengths. Check the website closely to make sure you fit!

Wild West

Great little campground

More of a “home” trailer park than a camping trailer park

Looks like most people lived here. Good place to stay when needing a rest on the way back from or to the mountains, but it’s not much of a destination stop.

Has all the amenities though! Pool. Bathrooms. Showers. Hookups.