The best BOAT IN camping near
Wild Meadow , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Wild Meadow Camping Reviews
Quiet, huge site

Beautiful area, only a few sites. The creek joins the New River here, you can hear the water from the sites.

New River Junction Campground

Several RV sites located right on Beautiful New River. Tent camping also available. Bring your fishing pole for some great catch and release fishing, or rent a inner tub or canoe and float down River to a shuttle bus that brings you back to the campgrounds. One of my all time favorite places to camp and fish.

Camping on Moncove

Great family friendly camper and tent sites overlooking Moncove Lake. Electric hookups and water spickets available. Fishing and swimming and hiking trails.

Huge campground

4 separate areas including a waterfront area. Centrally located small pool, food vendor and mini golf. Bring a boat! Full marina as well. Great beach area and boat mooring everywhere. Long trails are fantastic

Car camping

My pup and I car camped here last December and it was wonderful. Limited to no AT&T cell service; however, the park rangers drove through the area about twice a night so I always felt safe and knew I could use their phones if needed.

Good spot for the night

Stopped by on my way up north. Beautiful view of the river, which was high. There’s 5 pull in sites and 5 walk in tent sites. Multiple bathrooms, including ADA friendly, all clean. There were 2 other campers on a Saturday night, which was nice and quiet. It’s about 5 miles down a nice dirt road, easy to drive on. There’s no AT&T service upon arrival. A few spots you could locate a bar to send a message, but that’s it. Lots of trees to hang a hammock. Each site had a fire ring, picnic table and a pole to hang food from. No electricity or water so be sure to bring your own. Overall, enjoyed my stay!

Great time!

Kids had a blast. Great place, lots of fun!

Family Fall Camping Trip

We had a great weekend with the whole family! There was a carnival for the kids, trick-or-treating, hiking, tons of bike riding, campfire watching, hammock swinging, laughing, loving, and hanging out! We had a campsite with electric and water close to the bathhouse which is great because we have a popup camper with no bathroom and six kids. There were plenty of decorations for Halloween and the kids had a super time. Great for families. There are also a couple of playgrounds, two bouncy pads, basketball court, and gaga ball. During peak season there is also a water play area with a waterslide and mini golf. It is located on the James River. We had a great time.

Had necessary things without fire pit. 0

Perfect off rt 81.. near everything and in the yr of Covid… respectful, clean and able to direct us to places. Thanks

I'm giving it 5 stars but it was a disappointment

I'm sure this is an amazing campsite, but it was a little to rustic for my liking. There is no cell service within 30 miles, so for an outsider who doesn't know the area, it was difficult to find the campsite. You also better bring everything you need beforehand. There are no grocery stores anywhere near the campsite and we didn't have any food with us. The firewood is unbundled and there are no showers. We ended up not staying here because we were not prepared. It is nice that each campsite has a stone "oven" as a fire pit and a trash can on site.