Linn , WEST VIRGINIA

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Linn Camping Reviews
Nice!

Super friendly camp host. He met us and drove us to the camp park because it was so dark. Spacious sites, and he is making amazing improvements to the park. Beautiful river setting.

Large Family-Friendly Campground

Bulltown Campground offers a couple hundred spaces, multiple playgrounds, and clean restrooms on the edge of Burnsville Lake, managed by the U-S Army Corps of Engineers. This area is popular for camping, boating, swimming, hiking, and hunting during the deer season.
     It was a beautiful place to camp in the month of October with the fall leaf colors reflected on the surface of the lake. I imagine it could be a bit of zoo during the peak summer months because nearly ever camper in the off-season arrived in a sizeable RV with dogs, children or both.
     Loop A and B are closed in the off-season and all other spaces are first-come, first serve. There’s a self-serve kiosk where you check-in and pay with cash or check. The bulletin board was loaded with lots of helpful posts, including a “boil water” warning on the night I was there.
     I was camping in my van and found a nice shady spot next to Burnsville Lake where I easily dropped my kayak into the water for a peaceful paddle. I was parked next to a group of hunters who bagged a couple of does during the bow season. I imagine the gun season could get a bit noisy. Wear orange, or bright colors if you’re hiking outside the “safety zone” during WV’s hunting season .  The 2020 bow season runs from September 26th to December 31st. The buck firearm season runs from November 23rd to December 6th.
     I particularly enjoyed visiting the nearby Bulltown Historic District, which is the location of a Civil Battle War battle where Confederate and Union soldiers fought to control a critical supply route, including a covered bridge over the Little Kanawha River. You can check out historic structures on the site and hike to the top of the hill where the Union soldiers ultimately withstood the Confederate attack. Pre-covid, there was a reenactment of the battle every other October. I picked up a map for the Weston and Gauley Bridge Turnpike Trail, but found the more remote sections of the trail poorly marked. I didn’t see any official parking lots or trail markers, but I did see a lot of “private property” signs, so I was hesitant to accidentally trespass on a local landowner’s property. I’m guessing some of the access points may have been wiped out by pipeline construction… another reason not to anger the locals who may not be happy with this “invasion.”

The friendliest campsite☺️

Imagine being greeted by a happy Golden Retriever upon entering your next campsite..need I say more?

The hosts of this camp provide drinking water and warm hospitality. On our second night after taking a HOT shower in one of the lodges we were offered a warm meal and even warmer company from one of the families running the site.

We were pointed in the direction of the gorgeous Valley Falls which is only a few miles from camp. Overall, our hosts were some of the kindest we met in our travels cross country!

Clean and quiet

This campground was perfect. It’s up on a hill and the sites are spaced out pretty well. It’s behind a hotel. Our site had room for our 26’ hybrid with 3 beds, plus two cars, chairs, and our two dog tie outs. I loved that it was near the main highway but up on a hill so you didn’t hear the traffic. The pool is part of the hotel property and the campground is allowed to use it anytime it’s open. There is a grocery store and a Walmart within a mile. There is also a small dog park on site. Sutton lake was about ten minutes away. I definitely recommend this campground.

Very nice stay , very clean

Spacious set up . Very clean and nice rv sites. Each site has a firelight and picnic table. Nice manager and friendly staff.

Parking Lot

This "campground" has all the atmosphere of a Walmart parking lot, except that you have to pay $50 (not a typo) for the privilege.  It is right next to the hotel (Holiday Inn or something?), where you have to go to check in and out, and where there's a restaurant if you don't feel like cooking.

I've given it two stars instead of one because it is near the highway.

From route 19 north read this

I have to put this on here…… If you are coming from route 19 north about 10 miles from intestate 79 past the Stonewall Resort there is a huge dip in the road. I missed part of the huge dip that swallowed my camper and left it bouncing around the road This is just a FYI 😁 Good luck and happy camping

A wonderful holiday

What a wonderful weekend and 4th of July holiday. We booked this site A12 a little bit late and didn't get to pick a water front property. The A & B sites seems to be the original camping area. A&b are a little bit run down and very tight with some tricky parking for a rv or camper. The rest of the park is wide open and looks like very easy parking. We were happy to get to see fireworks on the 4th even though our dog didn't care for them. Everyone we came in contact with was friendly Would recommend to visit

Quiet, Enjoyable

We visited this park for the 4th of July, which made it very busy, but it was still very quiet. Be ready to tow up steep hills throughout this park. You enter the park through a Chevrolet dealership lot and then check in at the Days Inn Hotel. We had never been to an RV Park run by a hotel before but there were some nice features to this as well- discussed later.

Once you get checked in you head to your spot. Make sure you run the water lines to clear them out before hooking up. The water quality is very poor. We filled up a jug of water for travel day without the filters- when leaving and it was completely contaminated. We have a 4 filter system and this was after the 4 filters - they had been changed at the previous park about 10 days prior too.

The grounds are clean and the view is excellent. The staff was very responsive. One of the nights our neighbor decided to play super loud music between our rigs, loud like you can’t hear your tv on max, at 11pm. The staff was very responsive in asking them to turn it down or off so we could sleep.

All in all this was a nice park. They had decent cellular for AT&T and TMobile/US Cellular. The campground also has WiFi for a fee. They pick up your trash several times a day most days. You leave it on the hook at your site. The sites were decent spacing and plenty long enough. Our site was flat but pretty unlevel, wasn’t a huge concern. They had a nice play ground for kids and a large amphitheater. We didn’t see any KOA employees while we were there but this could have been because of COVID19. I didn’t see a pool or bathrooms/showers for guests.

Gorgeous Place

Love this KOA! Great grounds, lots of shade down in a valley. Great cell phone service for Verizon. Wide RV spots. Full hookup with e/w/s. Nice pool area. Pool area is at the hotel. Hotel/KOA same owner. FREE ICE at the arena area.

They do have shower house and laundry facilities in the arena building. They have a nice play ground for kids and a kamp k-9 for the dogs.

Lots of pull through sites for big rigs.

Staff was nice. Ran into the cleaning lady at the bathroom.

Kids loves the pool. It was nice to during the hottest week of the year so far!