The best GROUP camping near
Linn , WEST VIRGINIA

Most Recent Linn Camping Reviews
Clean trails and beach

The lake offers great relaxation and the trails around the lake offer pretty views. Only wish that there were more trails available because it’s so beautiful in that area!!!

Nice!

Super friendly camp host. He met us and drove us to the camp park because it was so dark. Spacious sites, and he is making amazing improvements to the park. Beautiful river setting.

Not too impressed

Just stayed here for one night with our 5th wheel when traveling home. I wasn’t too impressed. I thought it was expensive. The site was difficult to back into because everything was so narrow. I like to have a little bit of space when camping, but there were tent campers all around us. My surgeguard shut off the power in the evening due to high voltage. It was showing 137 volts at one time. I was not impressed and most likely won’t be back.

Hidden Gem--Unplug and Unwind

This was my first visit to Kumbrabow State Forest, but not my last!

Kumbrabow State Forest offers lots of great trails, rustic cabins, and a primitive campground. This historic recreation area, carved into this 9,500-acre forest by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930’s, is a wonderful place to unplug and unwind. It’s located at 3,000 feet above sea level on the western edge of the Allegheny Highlands, so it’s the highest state forest in West Virginia.
     I stayed in space #7, located next to Mill Creek, where I enjoyed the relaxing sound of this gurgling stream all night long. Each camping spot has a picnic table, fire ring and lantern holder. There are pit toilets and a pump for fresh spring water in the campground. Two-miles down the road, there’s a bathhouse next to the Kumbrabow forest headquarters.
     If you hike the 2-mile Potato Hole Trail, you'll arrive at the top of Rich Mountain and an overlook with a fantastic view. You can also park at the Kumbrabow gun range and hike the longer, but less strenuous, Rich Mountain Fire Trail which intersects with the Potato Hole Trail.
     Make sure you check out Mills Creek Falls and admire the really cool CCC-built rustic cabins. The cabins don’t have water or electricity, but offer gas lights, gas refrigerator, fully-equipped kitchen, wood fireplace, and outside grill and firepit. My 99-year old mom and her siblings stayed here for their "sister parties" years ago and loved the cabins at Kumbrabow.
     I suggest a side trip to the Highland Scenic Highway where you can admire the Falls of Hills Creek, Cranberry Glades, and colorful foliage during the fall season.

Breathtaking!!!

This is a really beautiful park! When we arrived the park was almost empty and it was so quiet. We enjoyed the beautiful drive in with the fall colors and the little stream next to the road that goes through the campground. The sites are a little tight if you have a bigger camper. We have a R-Pod so the site was perfect for us. We stayed in a site that backed up to the mountain which added some privacy when other campers came in towards the end of our stay. The rangers were so helpful and just wonderful. There was a lot of wildlife to enjoy as you go through the park: deer, Turkey. The shower houses were cleaned three times a day. The sites have electric and at the shower house there is a spigot for fresh water. There was no phone signal at all for Verizon service, so a nice place to disconnect. The hiking trails were really beautiful. At the Upper Falls and Shupe’s Chute there is a parking area and a wooden set of stairs and board walk to the Upper Falls. The trail to the Overlook was a very difficult trail, but the view from the top was breathtaking. Worth the difficult hike. Absolutely loved the park. The only reason I didn’t give a five star rating is because… the last two nights we stayed some of the campers that came in were blasting music and yelling across the campground. They were so loud we could hear them from inside our camper and it went on until we’ll after midnight. The park has quiet hours from 10pm-7am. Despite the rangers making rounds it continued. Aside from that we truly enjoyed our visit to this park and will be back.

Clean and quiet

This campground was perfect. It’s up on a hill and the sites are spaced out pretty well. It’s behind a hotel. Our site had room for our 26’ hybrid with 3 beds, plus two cars, chairs, and our two dog tie outs. I loved that it was near the main highway but up on a hill so you didn’t hear the traffic. The pool is part of the hotel property and the campground is allowed to use it anytime it’s open. There is a grocery store and a Walmart within a mile. There is also a small dog park on site. Sutton lake was about ten minutes away. I definitely recommend this campground.

Quit and very Covid specious

My parents took me and my sister to Audra every summer and wks at a time and camping in a tent,it was the best memories i have as a child and yes im now 42,fulltime grandma of 4yr old axel w austism, i have worked m.j y butt off w him 2yrs straight to get his fits calmed down..yes he has had 1since last oct and that is because i figured out what was triggering them but so proud of him..i him..I wanted to take grandson sonewhere where ppl are friendly and say hi to axel where felt cummy and not get upset and hide…my neice  ended uo going last mth,she invited us up to test axel out because this b a huge thing for him to do..oh my Aurda was still beautiful, clean, ppl so nice,there was no camp site available so we stayed till 7pm and went home..def a place to take kids w disabilities, ppl understand, do not stare and its alot of fun for kids,quit,gorgeous place to camp..wish they had a site open and it be kool to win a few days of camping..

Remote camping

Camp is way out in the woods. It has streams flowing all around it. There are many places to explore hike and fish. There are bathrooms, dump station and water. None of the sites have electric or water hook up. Tent and RV camping

Nice stay on a busy weekend

Even though we didn’t get a waterfront site, we did get a nice site #119. Very secluded and quiet. Walking distance to the marina where there is a nice general store. Super friendly . Boat rentals available . Nice getaway in a beautiful part of the country.

Very nice stay , very clean

Spacious set up . Very clean and nice rv sites. Each site has a firelight and picnic table. Nice manager and friendly staff.