Camping in Old Welbourne

350 Reviews of 40 Old Welbourne, Virginia Campgrounds

Patraic E.
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Good get away.

Went here during the week and the tent sites where pretty empty. The facilities are well kept. My only complaint is I could here the traffic from the highway on the A loop. Otherwise my stay was quiet and pleasant.

Sitea10
Daniel F.
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Free, quiet, cell service!

Tent sites are rough, some outside ring sites have tent pads.

Nicholas P.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Great campground

The campground are great. The bathrooms are amazingly clean. Like seriously, really clean.

SiteOakridge campground lot A24
Michael M.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Just a local getaway for most

Everything is up to par. Good site, staff and store. Would recommend to anyone.

SiteD-12
Jay L.
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Title

Great

IThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Amazing campsite

We loved our stay at this campground! It was clean and well maintained. Additionally, there was only two other groups there on a Sunday night.

dThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Great campsites and clean facilities

This was our first time camping and we couldn’t have asked for a better place to start. The campsites were well kept and it looked like each site was a close walking distance to a bathroom, dumpster, and potable water. Bathrooms were clean as well.

SiteD169
Brian S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Serenity

I wanted to add to my original review I absolutely love this campground I live in Baltimore so it’s only an hour and 10 minutes for me I am planning my third trip next month. This video shows the Shenandoah River and the campground enjoy

SiteC2
L
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

First time in SNP

Beautiful campground, with easy access to great hiking. Showers, and toilets were nice, and well maintained. Staff was friendly and helpful. Highly recommend.....I was in a pop up tent in my truck, and it was great.

Site??
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Great spot for family camping

Took my nephews on their first camp out. Perfect place for introduction.

Shannon M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Really nice little spot! Excited to go back!

We had spot #10 booked from Thursday through Sunday. Unfortunately we arrived Friday evening around dinner time and lost a whole day of our long weekend due to RV issues along the way there, but ended up having a really nice weekend despite the ugly start to it. Nice secure park and really love…

Brian S.The Dyrt PRO User

2nd trip

This was my second time to Brunswick Family Campground within two weeks. This campground is so quaint and carefree you almost forget the outside world. The Shanandoah is just as beautiful. The showers could use a good cleaning but they are typical Campground showers perfect for the campground life.…

SiteC2
L

Love this park

We stayed for a week at Cherry Hill. It’s clean, quiet (unless you back up to 95 then you can hear traffic at tonight). Easy access to the metro to visit DC. Beautiful hiking in the area.

N
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Extremely clean, friendly, and relaxing

We tent camped there two years ago,  at one of their premium sights ( totally worth the extra $) I grew up camping and had never been at a campground that was this clean. I mean the bathrooms were pristine at all times. ( I actually felt bad when a moth flew in with me the one night because there…