Paragonah, UTAH

Camping Utah Paragonah

Most Recent Paragonah Camping Reviews
Private owned primitive campsites

This off the beaten path campground near Zion National Park is a great place for those looking for a more relaxed time.

I found this on Hipcamp app and I am so glad I did, not a soul was around the 2 days we were there.

Head out of Virgin Ut. Up Kolob reservoir rd to Smith Mesa rd. Following it out of Zion Nat. Park onto the private road it gets a bit rougher and I higher clearance vehicle is recommended. Reaching the turn off to the campsites and turning right onto a two track road that leads to the sites. Now I must caution that if there has been or will be moisture this road is nearly impassable if not completely impassable.

Once at the sites follow the road back to were the host has set a couple porta-potties, which are a nice luxury when you are primitive camping.

There are like 50 places you can choose from dispersed throughout the site, there are numerous roads that have fire rings, some very near the Mesa's edge with views of the valley below. The views are spectacular in every direction.

Again I booked through Hipcamp but hopefully The Dyrt can also be used in the future.

I really loved this spot, and want to return to it soon, and the proximity to so many National parks is so perfect to see so much. Cell service is sketchy, but if you really want it try to camp more towards the rim, I was able to get 4 bars of 4g on T-Mo.

The altitude is 5,500 ft so early or late season may be cold, and I can't say it enough, stay away if moisture is expected.

There also is no trash receptacles so please be respectful and pack out what you pack in..

Happy camping

Awesome place to Social Distance

What an awesome weekend at this Campground. Although the campground was full, it was so quiet and peaceful. The hiking around the park are wonderful and we barely saw anyone (which was good because we went there to Social Distance!). Clean restrooms, clean campground. Camp hosts were wonderful and quite nice. If you are looking for a place to getaway, and enjoy seeing awesome stars at night/incredible scenery during the day, then this is your place.

Just as a heads up, no cell service here at all. I didn't mind, but coming home to 168 emails was a bit of a shocker. There are some sites with full hookups, some with just water and power, and some standard sites. There are multiple campgrounds here as well.

We visited March 20-22, 2020. It did get a little cold at night, but in our Motorhome, it was quite comfy for me and my family.

Closed to camping

Used to be a great spot but is now closed to all camping. Signs are posted all over the place.

Beautiful. Fresh. Full of Life

I have been at this campground twice and both times have been fun. The camp comes well equipped with bathrooms and water pumps to put out campfires. The sites are evenly spaced out and they are clean. The mornings are usually fresh due to the amount of shade the canyon receives and you most likely will see deer roaming around looking for food. I will be camping here in the near future!

In one word: Meh.

There is nothing impressive about this campground. If you have an RV/trailer and it’s all that is available, it will do. If you are tent camping- find somewhere else. I have no intention of ever going back or revisiting this place. The staff wasn’t very friendly and the sites were just dusty/dirt. This is my least favorite campground- ever.

Pros: location, location, location. Close to the south entrance of Zion National Park. I think you can even float the Virgin River from the campground (we went in the fall and it was too cold for us). Facilities were clean. Close to shops/restaurants. Cell phone service (T Mobile).

Cons: Busy and commercialized. Since it’s behind a hotel, don’t expect to be camping “in nature”. We should have just stayed in the hotel. Staff was acceptable, but not overly friendly.

Clean, established RV park

We rented a pull behind trailer to tow behind our LR4. We were looking for a clean, established campground with full hook ups, as close to Bryce Canyon NP as a possible. Ruby’s Inn was perfect for that. The spots were nice and level. The showers and toilets were clean. The store had plenty of necessities and the staff was friendly. Lots of restaurants near by and the Bryce Canyon buses stop at the entrance of the campground.

If you are looking for a remote campsite, or at least the illusion of it, this is not the site for you. The sites were easy to get in and out of and there was enough space for 2 vehicles.

Peaceful local spaces

A peaceful spot. Lots of bike trails. Disk golf close by. Restrooms available. Hiking. Nice views.

Great campground to explore the park

Within walking distance of the Visitor’s Center and main bus stop. Best campsites are along the Virgin River. Watchman Loop B- 56, 55, 52, 48, 46, 42, 41, 2, 4, 6

Great For a Cedar Breaks Adventure!

Easy to access dispersed campground. Coal Creek is a convenient site to stay in if you're checking out Cedar Breaks.

There are quite a few spots suitable for setting up camp and you've got some tree cover to help insulate you from 14. Watch for the pretty big potholes that you'll want to take slow when you first come in if you have a low clearance vehicle but otherwise it's a really solid campground.

Zion National Park + Watchman Campground + Angels Landing Trail

I've visited Zion a couple of times and have stayed at the South Campground. This trip I stayed at the Watchman Campground. We arrived into Zion around mid-day and immediately hit the trails.

I hiked the Angels Landing Trail while my friend hiked some other trails. We finished at around 4pm then drove into town for a bite to eat. We ended up eating at the Thai Sapa Restaurant right outside the park in the nearby town of Springdale.

I knew that there were not showers within Zion NP so I inquired where I might be able to find a pay shower within Springdale. I was directed to the nearby Zion Outfitters Store. Attached to the store there is a shower room and laundry room that anyone can use. The showers operate on tokens that you can purchase from a machine and cost $4 for about 5 minutes. After showering, we ventured back into Zion NP to find a campground.

We were camping in the winter time, so the park was pretty empty and we had our pick of campsites. We drove around the grounds and found a spot close to the restroom. The restrooms do have sinks and toilets, but no showers. We were camping in a campervan, so setting up camp was easy. We simply pulled into a space, paid our camping fee at the after hours kiosk and we were all good.

We didn't really have a chance to explore the campground much. But the real advantage of this campground is that it is conveniently located within the park. During Spring, Summer and Fall you can access the free shuttle. And it is close to the exit of the park so that you can easily travel to the nearby town of Springdale to pick up any supplies, shower or do laundry.