Kanab, UTAH

Most Recent Kanab Camping Reviews
Pretty good

The area was beautiful, but the campsites don't have tables or firepits. There was also a huge cattle ranch near where we camped, and the noise made it hard to sleep.

Private owned primitive campsites

This off the beaten path campground near Zion National Park is a great place for those looking for a more relaxed time.

I found this on Hipcamp app and I am so glad I did, not a soul was around the 2 days we were there.

Head out of Virgin Ut. Up Kolob reservoir rd to Smith Mesa rd. Following it out of Zion Nat. Park onto the private road it gets a bit rougher and I higher clearance vehicle is recommended. Reaching the turn off to the campsites and turning right onto a two track road that leads to the sites. Now I must caution that if there has been or will be moisture this road is nearly impassable if not completely impassable.

Once at the sites follow the road back to were the host has set a couple porta-potties, which are a nice luxury when you are primitive camping.

There are like 50 places you can choose from dispersed throughout the site, there are numerous roads that have fire rings, some very near the Mesa's edge with views of the valley below. The views are spectacular in every direction.

Again I booked through Hipcamp but hopefully The Dyrt can also be used in the future.

I really loved this spot, and want to return to it soon, and the proximity to so many National parks is so perfect to see so much. Cell service is sketchy, but if you really want it try to camp more towards the rim, I was able to get 4 bars of 4g on T-Mo.

The altitude is 5,500 ft so early or late season may be cold, and I can't say it enough, stay away if moisture is expected.

There also is no trash receptacles so please be respectful and pack out what you pack in..

Happy camping

Beautiful and Accommodating camp spot

After primitive camping for 3 days up above on Smith Mesa, we opted for this full service jewel to reinvigorate ourselves. This park has a pool, hottub, very clean showers and restrooms, a laundromat, a store and a onsite restaurant. First impression is how much work they put into the site, groundskeeping is constant and it shows. It is immaculately clean and although on the pricier side of campgrounds it is luxury, and a welcome change from "roughing" it. The tent sites closer to the road can be noisy from the traffic, but that is about it for cons. Treat yourself to a hot shower, a hottub and a hot meal.

Great to be back

I stayed at Coral Pink Sand Dunes State Park for a few nights last year and loved it so much that I came back with a friend for a few nights. The campground itself is awesome. Each site has a picnic table, grill, fire pit, good parking, trees, and a water pump nearby. The bathrooms are nice (real plumbing) and the showers are heavenly after days on the road without a way to bathe. Love the sand dunes as well. All of the campsites are with in a reasonable distance to the bathrooms and the stars are amazing here.

This is an awesome place to stay if you want to be close to both Bryce and Zion National Parks. Only downside is that there is absolutely NO cell signal. Great place to get away from everything, but if you're trying to be in contact with the outside world this is not the place to do it.

2 for the view!

First off let me say this is not a review on either the cabin or the tents. Usually I am pretty easy when it comes to reviewing sites. I know that everyone has their on preferences on what they like and dislike about where we stay. The Water canyon Cliffside is basically a site that someone took a bulldozer and knocked down some trees and made a slight effort at leveling. I camp with a rooftop tent mounted on a Ford F-150 so I don't need much to make a site work, but I do need a somewhat level place to park and room to open the tent. The site I was assigned was so off level I would have had to put 8" of block under my tires and then open up with my ladder either on the heavy downhill slope or up against a hill with big rocks and cactus. My only option was to setup in the turnaround at the top of the road, if only they put that much work into their camp sites. I don't see how the smaller tent sites were much better, especially having to pay for the privilege! In summary, find a different place if you can, the tents looked nice, the bathroom was decent except that in the dark you potentially have the danger of stepping in a vicious grouping of cactus. I think if your going to run a campground, you should put a little more effort into making it useable.

Awesome place to Social Distance

What an awesome weekend at this Campground. Although the campground was full, it was so quiet and peaceful. The hiking around the park are wonderful and we barely saw anyone (which was good because we went there to Social Distance!). Clean restrooms, clean campground. Camp hosts were wonderful and quite nice. If you are looking for a place to getaway, and enjoy seeing awesome stars at night/incredible scenery during the day, then this is your place.

Just as a heads up, no cell service here at all. I didn't mind, but coming home to 168 emails was a bit of a shocker. There are some sites with full hookups, some with just water and power, and some standard sites. There are multiple campgrounds here as well.

We visited March 20-22, 2020. It did get a little cold at night, but in our Motorhome, it was quite comfy for me and my family.

Closed to camping

Used to be a great spot but is now closed to all camping. Signs are posted all over the place.

Beautiful. Fresh. Full of Life

I have been at this campground twice and both times have been fun. The camp comes well equipped with bathrooms and water pumps to put out campfires. The sites are evenly spaced out and they are clean. The mornings are usually fresh due to the amount of shade the canyon receives and you most likely will see deer roaming around looking for food. I will be camping here in the near future!

In one word: Meh.

There is nothing impressive about this campground. If you have an RV/trailer and it’s all that is available, it will do. If you are tent camping- find somewhere else. I have no intention of ever going back or revisiting this place. The staff wasn’t very friendly and the sites were just dusty/dirt. This is my least favorite campground- ever.

Pros: location, location, location. Close to the south entrance of Zion National Park. I think you can even float the Virgin River from the campground (we went in the fall and it was too cold for us). Facilities were clean. Close to shops/restaurants. Cell phone service (T Mobile).

Cons: Busy and commercialized. Since it’s behind a hotel, don’t expect to be camping “in nature”. We should have just stayed in the hotel. Staff was acceptable, but not overly friendly.

Wonderful site

This camp site was awesome! Had plenty of openings, reasonable price and full hookup! At the site we were on there was a creek behind us which we loved and so did our dogs! Friendly neighbors! Beautiful place. Located close to Zion park. A lot of off road adventures near by