Water Unknown
About Yankee Meadow Campground

Yankee Meadows Campground is a little known gem that offers outstanding beauty and recreation. The scenery is fantastic at the lake with towering volcanic cliffs of Sydney Peaks rising in the distance.  Trout fishing and boating are the most popular activities.

There are several ATV routes around Yankee Meadows, including the Markagunt and the Second Left Hand trails. Trail users are strongly advised to pick up a trail map from any Dixie National Forest Service Office.

There are hiking, biking and horseback riding trails in and around Yankee Meadows – Vermillion Castle, Noah’s Ark, Henderson Hill, and Yankee Meadows Loop.

Campground Map Facilities

27 campsites with picnic tables, and fire rings 2 double sites with picnic tables, and fire rings ATV corral for all OHV parking Drinking water Vault toilets No garbage disposal, please pack it out

National Forest
No Sanitary Dump
Yankee Meadow Campground is located in Dixie National Forest in Utah
Directions
34 miles from Cedar City: Take I-15 northbound. Drive 19 miles to Parowan, take Exit 78 into Parowan, then take Highway U-143 south out of Parowan and drive 3 miles, then turn left on First Left Hand Road and drive 6 miles to the campground.
4 Reviews of Yankee Meadow Campground
Nice Campground Near a Reservoir

Yankee meadow is a nice campground that is a short walk from the reservoir where you can fish or kayak.

BUGS EVERYWHERE

This campground could be great, I went at probably the worst time in the late spring and the bugs were everywhere. Is is a pretty location though. The drive is fairly easy and parowan is just down the road.

Camp host kicked us out and threatened us

It only gets 1 star becuse it close to my home town and it's a place for my childhood was grown but the camp host was horrible and he threatened my mother then started yelling that he's a 83 year old veteran and we told him thank you for that but no he decided that we where bad guys and kicked us out so we whent to a family favorite place that's better and you have a creek flowing behind you're camp so don't go to the Yankee go to second left hand

Grumpy camp host

We hadn't been to the area in many many years and came back to camp and fish but there seems to be very few places left to camp besides in the campground. We only dropped the trailer off there for one night and then picked it up to move somewhere else because the people we were camping with had a better spot. The host was very grumpy that we could only pay for one night (didn't have much cash, they wouldn't accept a card) and was quite rude about it. Luckily we had enough cash for the one night and didn't need to pay for any other nights.

The campground itself is pretty wide open. Not a lot of privacy or separation between different sites. From our site we had a little bit of shade of we had stayed there but the rest didn't seem to have many trees at all.

I probably won't go back to this ground again because I don't like the lack of shade or separation between campers.