Standard (Tent/RV)
No Water Hookups
Kolob Terrace Road Dispersed is located in Utah
16 Reviews of Kolob Terrace Road Dispersed
Pin is incorrect

Most of the pictures people have posted here are for the camp sites just about a mile up the road. This pin has all the garbage and is an awful place to camp. I highly suggest coming here but drive a little up the road and off to the right you’ll see the white camping post that says you can stay for 14 days. That area is nice with about 20 sites. Most have prebuilt fire pits. Large (5 cars big) and small (1 car and 2 tents) areas. Nice trees and good shade. Picture is of the garbage area.

Its there alright. And very "free"

Just very sketchy. And I use this app often haha. I kinda like a few signs or camping totem poles. Makes me feel at least this is an "okayish safe spot" There's a bunch of better sites near by in my opinion. I stayed at the Le Verkin spot, near Virgin dam. Turns out there's a lot near here. And killer views!

Found an RV out of a horror movie

I got here at night and must have taken a wrong turn because I found an extremely sketchy abandoned RV with shattered windows and graffiti. Terrifying to find

Not really available

There’s one spot left without tree the rest people have used to dump trash unfortunately

loved this shady campground

easy to get into zion, a little hot during the night but easy to find a place with shade.

Great dispersed camping

It’s easy to miss the turn onto the dirt road, so definitely scout it out on Google maps ahead of time. The road can be muddy and rutted after a rain, so take weather into account. That said, we got our 30 year old 30 foot motorhome in and out multiple times.

All around a great spot. Right next to the creek, generally quiet with few other campers. Nice and dark at night for star gazing, and shade trees for during the day. Tons of hiking in every direction, and Zion is close by.

Pretty good

The area was beautiful, but the campsites don't have tables or firepits. There was also a huge cattle ranch near where we camped, and the noise made it hard to sleep.

Quiet and beautiful with dark starry nights

We love camping here and come often. We would usually visit between the months of March-Early November. Spring and fall bring sunny days and cool evenings and mornings. During the warmer summer months we take to the water. The temperature is always a bit cooler than in town.  There are no fees but also no amenities. So please, if you pack it in then you need to pack it out. Bring plenty of water for drinking and cleaning. Make sure to plan ahead for bathroom/ shower needs as those are not available. If you follow the river you can find some spots with good shade. We usually find a spot near to the river in lower sunset, some spots around the bends are deep enough to swim. There is a lot of hiking nearby as well as horse trails. The kids really enjoyed hunting for crawdads, watching the tadpoles/frogs, and the cows as they would cross through for water. The nights are dark and allows for an awesome night of stargazing.

Free find

Great spot to get you near the park

Quiet and comfortable

This area is amazing. I would say medium in ways of getting to the back campsite. You would need some clearance to get across the creek.